Pray tell, who sells Laurelle?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More lies. Mike you sound like a dodgy market stall saleman. You didn't do this when you were last o in the mid 2000's. Why are trying to rip people off now :wonder:

Nobody sells it. Laurelle's website could feasibly be a plant, or Bid might have an agreement with Laurelle. There's a pretty typical tactic by "bargain" retailers. If you want to sell something "cheap", just set up a web site where you sell the same thing but for a lot more money. That then allows you to sell it at a "discount" via your main web site (or tv shopping channel). My partner used to work for a firm that did this regularly (she walked out in the end). A lot of Groupon deals work this way.

Bid TV are not necessarily doing this, of course, and I'm not accusing them of it. Just saying it happens.

And Mike is going to be selling Gassion dirt cheap because he doesn't "do fassion". Yes Mike you are going to be making the company a loss for it is you who sets the prices and don't know what to sell it for and haven't had tome to look it up or look at what the maker wants.

Your name fits cos you (I was going to say sir but can't bring myself to) are taking the Michael.

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

I was in London fairly recently, and I came across a Laurelle shop in Oxford street no less! The sign was made out of plasticy fabric and tied on with string. You couldn't get in the shop to browse, cause it consisted of a bloke standing in front of a load of boxes, complete with microphone and portable p.a system....I ain't asking for £50, I ain't asking for £30 etc. Sadly I was hurrying to catch a train so didn't get to see any more of the spiel...but it's how exclusive perfume is usually sold in country...Why queue up in Harrods, John Lewis or Debenhams?

I was in London fairly recently, and I came across a Laurelle shop in Oxford street no less! The sign was made out of plasticy fabric and tied on with string. You couldn't get in the shop to browse, cause it consisted of a bloke standing in front of a load of boxes, complete with microphone and portable p.a system....I ain't asking for £50, I ain't asking for £30 etc. Sadly I was hurrying to catch a train so didn't get to see any more of the spiel...but it's how exclusive perfume is usually sold in country...Why queue up in Harrods, John Lewis or Debenhams?

Hahahaha! Do you think the bid shopping buyer (P. Sherlock) strolled up in his Robin Reliant van and offered the bloke a deal?

Lovely jubbly. Cushty, innit? I'll get on the dog and bone and get me old china plate to pick some up. :phone:

Who is that person with him in the photo? She looks like a transvestite who hasn't quite got the hang of it

Noooo! That's the beautiful (but annoying) Helen! Just goes to show how the clothes you can buy on these channels can make anyone look friggin' awful!!!

You can normally tell when the presenters aren't wearing their own clothes (so to speak). Horrible shapeless tops with hideous embellishments, clingy dresses, frumpy cardis and even frumpier shoes!

Didn't Peter Sherlock meet with Laurelle in Italy at a convention? lol

Mike must earn a few bob, he spent £78 on his last fragrance

Notice none of them buy what they sell, including the lovely Helen in that awful dress

I think they may have come up with the "laurelle" name because it sounds like L'oreal. How can anyone buy perfume off a shopping channel when they haven't a clue what it smells like?:taphead:

In this context, "Helen's Dress at 9.50pm" sounds much more like a threat than a promise :smile:
Agreed that the dress looks absolutely AWFUL - I was going to describe it as cheap offcuts of curtain material but such a thing would be too good for that mess
down.gif

Far was on this morning giving us the whole Laurelle spiel... he was saying how they were a British brand based in Regents Park area who are
proud of their company, proud of their history and proud of their heritage, wot a load of bollocks as a little bit of investigating on tinternet
reveals that the company was name changed from 'simply perfume world' to 'laurelle london limited' regestered 09/06/10!
THEY MUST BE SO ****** PROUD OF THEIR 2 AND A BIT YEARS HISTORY AND HERITAGE!!!!!!! wot a joke

Far was on this morning giving us the whole Laurelle spiel... he was saying how they were a British brand based in Regents Park area who are
proud of their company, proud of their history and proud of their heritage, wot a load of bollocks as a little bit of investigating on tinternet
reveals that the company was name changed from 'simply perfume world' to 'laurelle london limited' regestered 09/06/10!
THEY MUST BE SO ****** PROUD OF THEIR 2 AND A BIT YEARS HISTORY AND HERITAGE!!!!!!! wot a joke

Could be true, there's always a bloke selling out of a suitcase around Richmond park

Hahahaha! Do you think the bid shopping buyer (P. Sherlock) strolled up in his Robin Reliant van and offered the bloke a deal?

:song:

I'll stick a pony in your pocket
Put the perfumes in the van
Cause we don't sell the best 'uns
And we don't ask questions
So brother I'm your man

What it smells like
Is a mystery
It's like the changing of the seasons
And the tides of the sea
But heres the one thats driving me berserk
Who buys this tat that I sell at work?