Love, hate & total indifference

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wireless

Registered Shopper
There is a fine dividing line with love and hate .

I enjoyed and loved ROCKS TV and because I was disappointed how GEMS TV was going I used to feel passionate and emotional and so rant and rave with the changes going on.

And now?
I feel totally indifferent to GEMS TV. I flick it on , flick it off ........the same old , same old ...............utter rubbish

I simply can't be bothered to rant, to look, to buy ...........probably my last posting here for GEMS because for me they have become the boring jewllery chanel ......................"ON THE PLANET"

Does anybody else feel the same?

Funnily enough I always loved GemsTV and couldn't stand RocksTV which seemed to be a very poor relation by comparison! So for me, the demise of RocksTV was no big issue. Personally, I think that the market for gemstones and the economy in general has affected the jewellery channels (all of them). Many are now showing lower priced items and because of having to keep an eye on costs, new designs, carat weights etc, diamond quality has changed/suffered. I'm pretty sure that sales for top end items has petered quite a way off from where they were. Certainly I very rarely buy high end pieces now (but that's because I source my own gems and then design pieces).

There was most definitely a "buzz" on this forum up until about 2 years ago, across all the jewellery channel forums. It then changed to become a moan fest with most of the thread contributors changing and I can't recall the last time somebody posted a lovely photo of something they'd bought (again across all channels).

So I think that whether somebody prefers GemsTV, TJC or Rocks&Co, there is a general apathy and a mood shift. Whether it's just on this forum or it's representational of the market I don't know. I'm not sure what any of the jewellery channels can do to bring it around. GemsTV started Jewellery Maker (something I love), TJC ventured into costume type jewellery and I haven't got a clue about Rocks&Co because you'd have to pin me down and handcuff me to a chair to watch that shoddy bunch!

Anybody got ideas what could be done to make you feel good about the channel(s) again that would encourage you to buy (but bearing in mind that if what you're asking for is added cost that the price will probably increase)? I'm genuinely interested because I'm not sure that anything can be done other than riding out the economy. I could be wrong and would be interested in what others think/feel.

Latest posts

Back