More watch BS

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can get them for £25-50 but would you even want to pay that?
I saw argos ebay selling some sekonda watches for £20 and tesco selling some casio watches for £8. Both established names and really quite aesthetically pleasing and at bargain prices.
I cannot believe Mikey just sold 41 Oskar emil ones for £117 plus p&p. There are some gullible people out there- that's all I can say!

Oskar Emil are another 'brand' which has a two bob website which quotes imaginary inflated 'recommended' prices and which exists only to enable the spivs who are selling this junk to spin a line that the watches are valuable.
I'm hoping that James Russell will have them so we can all hear a fairy story along the lines of 'Oskar Emil was the official master hirologist to the court of Tsar Nicholas of Russia and now you can posess one of his original creations!!!!!!!!!'

Oskar Emil are another 'brand' which has a two bob website which quotes imaginary inflated 'recommended' prices and which exists only to enable the spivs who are selling this junk to spin a line that the watches are valuable.
I'm hoping that James Russell will have them so we can all hear a fairy story along the lines of 'Oskar Emil was the official master hirologist to the court of Tsar Nicholas of Russia and now you can posess one of his original creations!!!!!!!!!'

Ah no. More crap. :grin:

I cannot wait for Russell and Peter Simon to get these- they will do them justice.:grin:

“The perfect merge of sport and elegance”

Features*

23k gold plated*stainless steel bracelet and case
Time and date display
Fully automatic 21 jewel movement*
Black mother-of-pearl dial*
Glass case back*
10ATM water resistant**
Security diver’s clasp*
Uni-directional rotating bezel*
Luminous hands and pointers*
Hardened mineral glass*
Individually serial numbered
Your price: £474.00 (€566.43)
including VAT UK Standard Rate 20% ( £79.00 )

They seem rather expensive from what I can see. Is it a case that because you haven't heard of them. Because they ARNT a "mainstream' watch maker you don't rate them?

“The perfect merge of sport and elegance”

Features*

23k gold plated*stainless steel bracelet and case
Time and date display
Fully automatic 21 jewel movement*
Black mother-of-pearl dial*
Glass case back*
10ATM water resistant**
Security diver’s clasp*
Uni-directional rotating bezel*
Luminous hands and pointers*
Hardened mineral glass*
Individually serial numbered
Your price: £474.00 (€566.43)
including VAT UK Standard Rate 20% ( £79.00 )

They seem rather expensive from what I can see. Is it a case that because you haven't heard of them. Because they ARNT a "mainstream' watch maker you don't rate them?

Take a look on eBay, and you'll find them going for £50.

Take a look on eBay, and you'll find them going for £50.

I don't tend to like to use Ebay as my benchmark for price comparison, because imo it's not got the same kudos as a highstreet shop does, this isn't to say I don't use Ebay, I do, but "horses for courses! Having said that, the watches are being sold by Oskar Emil via Amazon pretty cheaply, and I can't see that you'd need to spend anywhere in the region of £126 or however much the sit ups were charging....more fool those who are buying them, that's all I can say!

I don't trust eBay or Amazon. Both are websites that any Tom dick or Harry with a computer can flog you stuff. I'm sure you could find a Rolex for £50 on eBay. But I doubt anyone will be writing to Rolex to get them
To rethink their prices lol.

I have purchased a few watches from BID UP and PRICE DROP. One of them I am wearing now which is made from Tungsten and is impossible to scratch. Do these channels still sell these watches? I haven't seen them for an age! but I would love to get my daughter one.

Ideal World used to sell these crap watches.

I saw that Mark bloke flogging these things the other night. They were sold as exclusive to them and as high end swiss watches! SWISS WATCES!!!!!!

I actually bought an Oskak Emil from bid.tv years ago for £16. In the presentaoin box was a sticker that said RRP £220. That watch was the first thing I ever sold on ebay.

Latest posts

Back