Wrapping paper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Great that it is no p&p but IMHO it looked cheap baaad quality that creases just by looking at it. Russell may claim it is thick but it looks anything but thick.

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

A few minutes ago he claimed that bid has hundreds of buyers.

No, I don't mean customers. Buyers who buy the products they sell!! :giggle:

Do people still use that gold/silver ribbon?

20 x Wrapping paper (76cmx50cm)
- 5 x silver plain, 5 x silver damask, 5 x gold plain, 5 x gold damask

12 x Foil bows (5cm long)
- 6 x gold foil bow, 6 x silver foil bow

6 x Foil ribbons (5mm x 10m)
- 3 x gold foil ribbon egg, 3 x silver foil ribbon egg

12 x Gift tags
- 6 x silver swing tags, 6 x gold swing tags

I reckon I could get that lot cheaper than £9.99

Do people still use that gold/silver ribbon?

20 x Wrapping paper (76cmx50cm)
- 5 x silver plain, 5 x silver damask, 5 x gold plain, 5 x gold damask

12 x Foil bows (5cm long)
- 6 x gold foil bow, 6 x silver foil bow

6 x Foil ribbons (5mm x 10m)
- 3 x gold foil ribbon egg, 3 x silver foil ribbon egg

12 x Gift tags
- 6 x silver swing tags, 6 x gold swing tags

I reckon I could get that lot cheaper than £9.99

Seems to fit the pattern of most Bid job lot items. The headline figure of 50 sounds like a bargain but when you break it down there is more stuff you don't really need. Like the battery packs. How many items need D batteries these days but there is too many of them to be a good deal IMHO of course but even the bigger stereos are using smaller and smaller batteries, and torches so really like most things on Bid it isn't that great.

PJ

It was only £7 today on speed auction and instead of the large board containing it all, there were wrapped presents

Good quality and thickness of paper was very often mentioned but not actually shown by hand :wink2:

Hey, so I have a whole bunch of Hess Trucks that were sent to my fathers work because they order large amounts of diesel and I have two that are wrapped in green paper, does this mean anything?

I should be able to tell you about the paper, cos I ordered it. I wasn't going to, as I thought, yeah, I'll get this cheaper in town or whatever...then I saw it going for £6.99 with free postage, and I thought "what the hell, why not?" It's not a bad price, it's a boring thing to go and buy, it's got all you need to wrap the pressies and hopefully it wont be really crappy quality...I've bought cheapo stuff in the past and it's been a nightmare to work with, and wrapping presents up is not one of my favourite pastimes that's for sure. I use gift bags a lot of the time and I still have few left over from last year. Anyway, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives x

I'll be the second to admit that I've bought it as there was no P&P, :blush: although I doubt I'll faff about tying any presents up with the ribbon. The paper is actually quite good quality.

Well certainly not after Peter 'Snotface' Simon has used it. :giggle:

I should be able to tell you about the paper, cos I ordered it. I wasn't going to, as I thought, yeah, I'll get this cheaper in town or whatever...then I saw it going for £6.99 with free postage, and I thought "what the hell, why not?" It's not a bad price, it's a boring thing to go and buy, it's got all you need to wrap the pressies and hopefully it wont be really crappy quality...I've bought cheapo stuff in the past and it's been a nightmare to work with, and wrapping presents up is not one of my favourite pastimes that's for sure. I use gift bags a lot of the time and I still have few left over from last year. Anyway, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives x[/QUOTe

I got the stuff today, and looking at it, I've really wasted my money. If I had gone for it at £9.99 I'd have sent it back, but at £6.99 I'm prepared to cut my losses and just use it....however, I'm not impressed, they wouldn't have dared charged postage and packaging for it...especially as packaging just meant all the stuff just bunged into a cardboard box, nothing was wrapped in cellophane. It just looks as thought they've had a massive job lot that they've split up into packs and thrown into boxes. The ribbon is the lowest of low quality, the gift tags and the paper isn't a lot better. The paper's quite attractive in design, and whilst I've seen worse quality paper, I've also seen a lot better, the sheets are shiny on the back a mark of cheapo wrapping paper. I'm hoping it won't tear when I wrap anything big. Yeah I know I should really send it back and demand a refund on the postage, but it's something I'm not inspired to buy, I've got it now, so it's another thing ticked off the list..but I would have been better off buying in poundland if I wanted to scrimp and save on paper.....I was hoping for a geniune bargain...Oh well!

I just hope this serves to warn anyone else who's on the brink of ordering this load of rubbish....Oh, and the Andrex idea's starting to look more attractive!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your disappointment, merryone. :confused:

But it is just as I thought. Because you don't actually have a first hand chance to examine and make a judgement on the goods before you buy it, Bid TV network has one up on you to the quality of the goods you have bought.

For the other main TV shopping channels, you can be usually sure that the quality of the items they sell you are reasonably good and they can stake the reputation of their business by it.

Not so Bid TV. The probably buy a lot of their stuff from clearance pallets (which could be made up of returned items). Then through their lying... sorry, marketing department they train up the presenters to hype this tat as premium, quality products, where as, as your wrapping paper purchase demonstrates, this crap is just that...crap, however they try to spin it.

That's a shame, sorry merry :flower:

Shame on you bid, making out it was the highest quality paper ever :bandit:

Hey ho, it's only wrapping paper, and whilst I could have got crap quality like that a lot cheaper elsewhere, at least I've got it, and hey if the paper does tear at least there's plenty of sheets in which to cover the holes! The "ribbon" is beyond poor quality , the rolls are actually sqaushed....it's all poundland quality...I reckon the whole lot's worth about £2! How they have the effrontery and try and sell it for a tenner!

Greg, what you say's so true....will I stop buying from bid?, I'm most certainly gonna try....I guess I could start afresh and make it a New Year's Resolution!

Hey ho, it's only wrapping paper, and whilst I could have got crap quality like that a lot cheaper elsewhere, at least I've got it, and hey if the paper does tear at least there's plenty of sheets in which to cover the holes! The "ribbon" is beyond poor quality , the rolls are actually sqaushed....it's all poundland quality...I reckon the whole lot's worth about £2! How they have the effrontery and try and sell it for a tenner!

Greg, what you say's so true....will I stop buying from bid?, I'm most certainly gonna try....I guess I could start afresh and make it a New Year's Resolution!

My advice generally is to shop around! Both on the high street and online. There have been many times I have seen products I like on the shows but looked elsewhere for the same item cheaper. Sites such as Amazon have reviews which can assist in decision-making.

I reckon I must be too easily satisfied as, in my earlier post, I said it was quite good quality. :blush:

Mind you, I was comparing it to some I bought last year which was like tissue paper and tore as soon as it went round a present. (You know the sort of thing - 20 sheets for a £1) I usually buy rolls of paper, but in this instance thought I'd give the paper a go as it was free P&P. I've no intention of using the ribbon, but may ram a bow on one or two of the presents. It'll only be used for the 'tree presents' though as I'll use the rolls I have left to wrap up main presents as they're too large for one sheet of wrapping paper.

And now I'll go and hide. :wink:

Latest posts

Back