Problem with Grundig Stand Mixer - advice, please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norbitonite

Registered Shopper
Hi, all

When using my mixer on Saturday to whip up a sponge cake, I accidentally hit the beater very lightly with a plastic bottle of lemon juice. Since then, the mixer has not worked at all.

At first I thought it might be some sort of safety cut-out, so I turned off the machine, unplugged it and left it overnight. Next morning, still no joy.

When I turn it on, the light comes on but not the motor as I go up the speeds from 0 to 10. When I then go back down the speeds from 10-0, the light starts to flash.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue and is there a simple fix? I fail to believe that for something seemingly so robust and with a 3-year guarantee such a minor incident could cause it to fail completely.

I have contacted IW CS, but thought that the shoppingtelly community might be able to help more quickly.

Yours, in anticipation
Norbi

Hi, all

When using my mixer on Saturday to whip up a sponge cake, I accidentally hit the beater very lightly with a plastic bottle of lemon juice. Since then, the mixer has not worked at all.

At first I thought it might be some sort of safety cut-out, so I turned off the machine, unplugged it and left it overnight. Next morning, still no joy.

When I turn it on, the light comes on but not the motor as I go up the speeds from 0 to 10. When I then go back down the speeds from 10-0, the light starts to flash.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue and is there a simple fix? I fail to believe that for something seemingly so robust and with a 3-year guarantee such a minor incident could cause it to fail completely.

I have contacted IW CS, but thought that the shoppingtelly community might be able to help more quickly.

Yours, in anticipation
Norbi
Hi Norbitonite,

Have you tried contacting Grundig Technical Support?
when I received my mixer there was a leaflet from Grundig with a helpline number, that number is 0871 221 3625
maybe they will react more quickly that IW!
regards
joyla

I had a similar issue with mine the light came on and the motor didn't but not sure why, like you I left it till the next day when the motor stirred a little but wouldn't switch off until I unplugged it. I had purchased mine from Valueland on Ebay so contacted them and they sent a replacement at the same time as collection (infact they offered a full refund). After reading this maybe I should have gone for the refund as it looks like it could be an issue with the mixers.

there does seem to be worrying electrical issues with this machine.we have just returned ours because it switched itself on ! then the speed control stopped working,the blue led lights failed,and it also developed a oil leak right above the mixing bowl.
we are now awaiting a decision as to whether a repair/refund or replacement will be issued.i hope its a refund to be honest.

there does seem to be worrying electrical issues with this machine.we have just returned ours because it switched itself on ! then the speed control stopped working,the blue led lights failed,and it also developed a oil leak right above the mixing bowl.
we are now awaiting a decision as to whether a repair/refund or replacement will be issued.i hope its a refund to be honest.

decision made = we are being sent a new machine.apparently been dispatched on a 3 day service.hope we have more success with this one.not bad customer service tho.

I've only used mine once or twice, i'm getting really worried now that it will develop faults. How much does it cost to return it if it does develop a fault. I'ts very heavy :sweat:[/QUOTE

No problem! They will collect it and you will not have to pay for this.

I also bought the Grundig stand mixer, and so far, so good but you never know with IW stuff.
I am annoyed with them over the mis-representation of this item because it is not made in a factory in Germany together with Kitchen-Aid mixer as they claim, but its from China as it clearly statess on the box.

So fingers crossed for all of us who like me trusted them again.

I am annoyed with them over the mis-representation of this item because it is not made in a factory in Germany together with Kitchen-Aid mixer as they claim, but its from China as it clearly statess on the box.

At least according to their website Kitchen Aid stuff is all made in the US.

Grundig is no longer a manufactuer either - it's a brand name owned by the holding company of the kitchen brand Beko

That's really bad customer service from IW. When our Grundig which was purchased from a supplier on Ebay stopped working we were offered cash back or swap replacement and I did say to OH that we could get the cash back and buy a replacement from IW as it had the 3 year warranty but OH said it wasn't worth anything if you had to go through IW as their customer service is dire. I know when I purchased the Cuisinart oven from IW and it went they were useless so I ditched that avenue and went straight to Cuisinart where they did a swap replacement straight away.

although we are disillusioned with some of IW,s selling policies i still want to give positive feedback when it is deserved.we contacted customer services by phone,the person we spoke to sounded Asian,and although some moments of our conversation were hard to follow, he arranged for our faulty grundig mixer to be collected "free of charge"he also advised us about the repair/replace or refund process.i told him we could not return the item in its original packaging as this had been disposed of 3 months previous .our item was collected 1 and a half days later.a brand new machine was delivered to us 6 days after that . no problem whatsoever.

although we are disillusioned with some of IW,s selling policies i still want to give positive feedback when it is deserved.we contacted customer services by phone,the person we spoke to sounded Asian,and although some moments of our conversation were hard to follow, he arranged for our faulty grundig mixer to be collected "free of charge"he also advised us about the repair/replace or refund process.i told him we could not return the item in its original packaging as this had been disposed of 3 months previous .our item was collected 1 and a half days later.a brand new machine was delivered to us 6 days after that . no problem whatsoever.

Well done IW for responding promptly with your problem, it's just a pity that it seems that your response from IW seems to be the exception rather than the rule from what I see.

Just thought I should close out my tale.

I used the Grundig number that one of you supplied, and they told me that the vendor is responsible for the first year of the warranty, the manufacturer for years two and three. They gave me the CS number for IW and I rang (although, frankly I was tempted to hang onto the mixer for a year and invoke the warranty with Grundig then). After a very lengthy - and not always easy to understand - phonecall, a collection time was arranged for the faulty machine, but the CS person said once they had received it, they would have to put the mixer through a quality control procedure to establish whether it should be repaired or replaced and that this could take up to 12 weeks. I told them that this was not acceptable to me, and that I believed that the presenter onscreen had misrepresented the goods by stating that the were made in the same factory as a 'well known brand, whose accessories also fit'.

Long story short, when I returned the mixer, I sent a covering letter detailing the problems with the mixer and the misrepresentation and asking for a full refund, which was in my bank account two days later.

Last edited:
I have it and have bought the Kitchenaid flexi beater for mine and it works a treat.

Latest posts

Back