Birds of a Feather Show Touring Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sublime

Registered Shopper
I can't find the original thread about the stage version of Birds of a Feather to update it, so here goes with another.

Anyway, you might remember that a year or so ago a couple of us said they'd seen the show and how Pass-the-Tena-Lady hysterical it was. Well, it's back!
:happy:

In case anyone fancies a night out to see it, here are the tour dates for 2013:

26 Feb-03 Mar
<st1:City w:st="on">COVENTRY</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Belgrade</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
05-10 Mar <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">CARDIFF</st1:place></st1:City>, New Theatre<o:p></o:p>
12-17 Mar SOUTHEND, Cliffs Pavilion<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p> <o:p></o:p>
19-24 Mar <st1:place w:st="on">EASTBOURNE</st1:place>,The Congress<o:p></o:p>
02-07 Apr <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ABERDEEN</st1:place></st1:City>, His Majesty's<o:p></o:p>
09-14 Apr <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">EDINBURGH</st1:place></st1:City>, Kings Theatre<o:p></o:p>
16-21 Apr GLASGOW, Theatre Royal<o:p></o:p>
30 Apr-05 May <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">NORTHAMPTON</st1:place></st1:City>, Derngate<o:p></o:p>
07-12 May <st1:place w:st="on">LIVERPOOL</st1:place>, Empire<o:p></o:p>
14-19 May AYLESBURY, Waterside<o:p></o:p>
21-26 May SOUTHAMPTON, Mayflower<o:p></o:p>
28 May-02 Jun <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">NEWCASTLE</st1:place></st1:City>, Theatre Royal<o:p></o:p>

S x

PS I've been to see the new production of 42nd Street tonight - it's well worth catching if it's on near you. :song: :clapping:

Last edited:
You'll love it, Mam.

It's a mostly young and very talented cast and some fresh and exciting choreography. Marti Webb, as Dorothy Brock, is wonderful, as ever. The plot is as paper-thin and daft as it comes, of course, but somehow you can forget that when the rest is good.

Everyone left the New Theatre last night with silly grins on their faces!

Just wondered how you enjoyed 42nd St, Mam?

It's in Southampton next week, if anyone wants to catch it there. Be warned - you'll be singing the songs for weeks afterwards!

Thoroughly enjoyed it sublime:) Choreography was superb and the speed of costume changes was amazing. I thought the flowers were hilarious and my heart went out to those poor girls in the ensemble when they were wearing those skin coloured leotards, lying on the stage with their legs akimbo:blush: I love the New Theatre, it's so beautifully kept and always has a lovely atmosphere. I've just booked tickets for Vincent and Flavia's new show there next June which looks amazing and I must stop looking at what's on there or I'm going to need a bank loan to pay for theatre tickets!

Birds are back!

Just discovered the tour is on again, came on here to post (as I was the one who started the thread when I went to see it last year) but see sublime has beaten me to it (by about 4 months judging by the date this thread started!)

Please do go see Birds if you get the chance, I don't think you'll regret it. I'd go so far as to say that the stage production is even better than the original TV series, and that's not just cos of the passage of time. Joseph, Quirke and Robson are born comedic/theatre acresses and I'm not sure the screen actually shows them at their best. I was about 20 weeks pregnant when I saw it at the Lowry, my daughter wiggled at all the best gags, she clearly has great taste! The theatre was full of cackling women and a couple of redundant husbands who'd clearly been dragged along and were loving it to their great embarrassment...

Anyway, it comes highly recommended from me. Am going to try and get to it this run too, as I just have to see Pauline Quirke singing Another One Bites the Dust at the care home karaoke again...

Has Pauline Quirke managed to keep all the weight she lost off? I know she lost a huge amount in a relatively short period using the Liter life diet.

I think she has kept the weight off petpixie :up:

Mam you'll love it :clapping:! Oooh am having to restrain from quoting gags and lines, don't want to spoil it for you! I went on my own, met quite a few women on their own, many were saying they'd never been to a theatre without a companion but when their OH's were reticent about going they though sod it I'll go on me todd! The energy and pleasure in the theatre was fab! Really hope I get to see it again.

Do you remember the blue/grey kitchen in the TV series by the way? Am going to start another thread and cheep on about it in that (ged it? *Birds* of a Feather? Cheep? Oh dear...)

I've got tickets to see it in Cardiff next month, sounds great, thanks Artdeco.

If you have a free evening this week, Mam, Driving Miss Daisy's on at the New until Saturday. I went to see it last night. [On my own, and I noticed quite a few other solo women too!]

It stars Don Warrington, Gwen Taylor, and Ian Porter, all names to be reckoned with, of course, and they didn't disappoint for a single second.

I loved it. It's every bit as warm and gentle and as funny and as touching as the film. :clapping:

Thanks for that sublime. I'm trying to save my pennies at the moment for the cruise at the end of March so I think I'll have to pass on this one. It sounds great though, I really like Gwen Taylor and Don Warrington.

Still cheeping :giggle:. Linda Robson has confirmed in an interview on radio two that Birds will return for an 8 part series later this year :up: :clapping: :sun: :mysmilie_481: :mysmilie_378: :mysmilie_500: :mysmilie_14:

(Can you tell I'm pleased? :giggle:)

Latest posts

Back