What's happened to Gems2?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Beady Belle

Guest Shopper
I haven't watched Gems for a while now, but noticed the other day Craig saying Gems2 starts at 11.00am. Also noticed last night that it was off air when I flicked over at 11.00pm. How long has this been going on?

BTW I managed to get one of the big wooden jewellery boxes as a pressie for my Mum, they look rather good on screen, so hope they're just as good IRL.

:doggie:

Hiya Lady Mad

I think GTV2 have been on reduced hours for some time now....they seem to be a few presenters down. I haven't seen Ali or Emma at all recently.

I received the large jewellery box today and it is exactly 'as seen on TV'. Comes nicely packaged in a large white cardboard box.
Now all I need do is find a couple of things to go in it........:33:

'allo Mad4Gems,

Nice to see yers.

I think Gems may be running Gems 2 down. These short hours have been operating for 2 - 3 weeks now. This could be a false economy since I (and I suspect plenty of others) used to flick between the two, I just switch over or off now.

I watched the lovely Angeline for about 15 minutes this morning. She was still completely charming, but the sell was heavier than her usual style. I suspect the presenters are under pressure to beef it up. Sad - pressurised and stressful for them, and tedious to watch for their old customers. The company itself though will probably be alright. They'll loose their oldies, but newies who don't know any different, will probably still enjoy watching.

Rocks will inevitably change as it grows, but hopefully with the Bennetts behind it, it won't loose its sense of humour.

See you tonight.

Argey

Sorry to contradict you Argey, but the Bennetts no longer have any involvement with Gems, I believe ThaiGem run it now.
Who knows if they will keep going for much longer, these timed games make even the presenters come over as cynical about sales, can't be good.

I haven't watched Gems for a while now, but noticed the other day Craig saying Gems2 starts at 11.00am. Also noticed last night that it was off air when I flicked over at 11.00pm. How long has this been going on?

BTW I managed to get one of the big wooden jewellery boxes as a pressie for my Mum, they look rather good on screen, so hope they're just as good IRL.

Yes I think it is strange too, why have extra channels but keep showing GemsTV 1 on them all the bliddy time. It is stupid.

Hi Anne C,

Contradict away :1: You'll see however that I said the Bennetts are now behind Rocks.

Argey

I thought Emma had gone away on a sabbatical, to the US maybe? I seem to recall seeing a show a few weeks ago where she said it was her last one for a while. Of course I may be dreaming and have got things totally wrong.

And no I haven't seen Ali for a while either.

Hi Guys,
Hope you are all fine and dandy. Spoke to my contact at Gems who told me they made alot of staff redundant a couple of weeks ago. Presenters, back room guys and call centre managers and staff. All the nice customer service girls seem to have gone. The remaining staff said they have got a rough deal now. All yes men left - so I am told.
Thant explains why we had so many problems recently.
Gems 2 obviously short of production and presenters - dont know why they got so many channels but no staff. Like someone said false economy.
Just hope they sort themselves out they were doing ok but you never know may go back on track have done it before.
Luv Yah all,
Ruby Ruby

Heard Angeline say that Gems 2 is on between 2.00 pm and 11.00 pm, which are drastically shortened hours. Maybe that's why they've made so many people redundant.

So why on earth have they got 3 channels on Sky?

Yes, noticed that too Sazza, so basically for several hours a day they are broadcasting the same programme over 3 channels:33: WHY???

:33: there has been no broadcast on gems 1 or 2 for a while or so now since before 4pm this afternoon...still both channels are off air now at 5.37pm

I didnt know they had 3 channels on sky!! they also have 2 channels on freeview 43/44 and 2 channels on virgin 755/756...and are on freesat too...
why!!? if they have made all these redunancies.:33:

Latest posts

Back