Jay Cooper (Sewing Machine Man) on Watchdog BBC One Tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's being featured right now - there are hundreds of horror stories from people buying from him and experiencing awful service.

Funny he was on bid tv earlier with Sally Jaxx - she should be ashamed.

I bet the 209 people who bought the sewing machines tonight thought they were getting a good deal. What a nasty little man

Awful man - talk about terrible customer service. Incredibly rude and insulting.

But this doesn't surprise me at all - it's Bid. Hopefully it's the last we'll see of him on the channel.

(I'm waiting for the day that Bid is featured on Watchdog - and I do genuinely think they will be one day. They're getting increasingly worse everyday)

For those who missed it, here is the report - BBC Watchdog

They doorstepped Cooper after he had sent them a statement - he basically grovelled and vowed that things would change, seen his ass I think.

Interesting Watchdog said they have complaints dating back 7 years, if you search Google, there is much of the same.

I hope they keep a close eye on him...

Bid should drop this person and the business he represents. Bet they won't though.

profit over pride unfortunately. It was hilarious when I saw it though. They mentioned sewing machines, and then I knew straight away :p

Just Google 'jay cooper' or 'jay cooper complaints' or 'cooper sewing machines' like i just have....
OMG looks like he been 'STITCHING PEOPLE UP' for years now :giggle:

Apparently he's back on bid tomorrow 12.30 doing the toyota sewing machine special, maybe they thought a 2 week ban was long enough! or by that time people will forget his appearance on watchdog.

Last edited:
Just Google 'jay cooper' or 'jay cooper complaints' or 'cooper sewing machines' like i just have....
OMG looks like he been 'STITCHING PEOPLE UP' for years now :giggle:

earwig, there isn't a thread of evidence on that! :grin:

Don't think Jay will like having machines sent back at the end of january, as is the policy at sit-up now until christmas. He doesn't like things being sent back to him within 7 days!

Can't believe they'd ever have him back on air flogging his machines, after all of his past antics!

Why am I not shocked that Bid.tv management have kept Jay on.... unless they have some form of contract in place?

It makes bonkers business sense to keep Coopers on their channel - it just damages their own brand especially with all the bad press via Watchdog! They even had plently of web content to go from with customers' bad experiences...

Maybe Bid just care about the money? Oh, they had no morals in the first place! I forgot! :grin:

If I had more money than sense I would buy a sewing machine through Bid and immediately return it just to wind Jay up, because Bid would surely be handling sales and returns for this product and he would just be supplying the machines to Bid/acting as a salesman in this case.

And this won't happen, but imagine the scene at Sit-up Towers if the majority of people sent back their sewing machines :giggle:

If I had more money than sense I would buy a sewing machine through Bid and immediately return it just to wind Jay up, because Bid would surely be handling sales and returns for this product and he would just be supplying the machines to Bid/acting as a salesman in this case.

And this won't happen, but imagine the scene at Sit-up Towers if the majority of people sent back their sewing machines :giggle:

I think you'd finish Jay off with all the returns and angry phone calls he would have to make! :grin:

he isnt there!

they dont seem to be "bigging up" the free sewing lessons as much today wonder why!

Jay Cooper has sent Joanna instead (could that be his daughter?), no 15 year guarantee this time, no mention of Jay's company or website and no mention of free sewing lessons in Borehamwood (where coopers are based)- Andy Hodgson has said the free lessons are inHertfordshire. I remember last time they were selling this machine for £149.99 but with a 15 year guarantee. They've only sold 88 with 3 minutes left whereas in the past before Jay's appearance on watchdog they were selling 200-300 easy at the higher price of £149.99 (albeit with the fake 15 year guarantee)

Come back Jay we miss you!:wave:

Last edited:
andy does refer to Hertfordshire but strangely compared to last time no mention of the company involved :)

andy does refer to Hertfordshire but strangely compared to last time no mention of the company involved :)

not strange at all :giggle: he's never going to mention the cooper name or sewingmachinediscount website again. I don't understand why they couldn't have just found another supplier. Sewingmachinedirect are a great company who are very reliable but maybe they won't sell Bid the machines as cheap as our Jay cooper does so profit comes first.

Latest posts

Back