My observations from the last two weeks as a new viewer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

newtobid

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I had a nasty leg accident a few months back and after leaving hospital two weeks ago i have still been stuck on the sofa.

I have watched bid in the past for literally 5 minutes of an evening but the last two weeks have watched it like never before, heres a few observations.

THE OLD GUY THAT DOES BREAKFAST

Overweight angry looking man (sorry never caught his name) always looks thoroughly pissed of at being there gets a bit short with the camermen e.t.c and just seems annoyed. Hard to imagine him doing this job until you see him then its even harder.

annoyance rating 3-10 purely because he doesnt say or appear to do a lot.

Most used line = no idea

ANDY HODGSON

probably my favourite, appears slightly like he feels he should be doing something better on tv but presents well tries to have a laugh and is the only presenter i have head regularly refer to the fact that if something is a £1 that it is actually nearer a tenner with postage.

annoyance rating 4-10 never that annoying his favourite line grates a bit thought

Most used line = "There isnt any interest so im going to take this off screen" Never does.

MIKE MASON

ok in small doses but his constant reference to his "princess" and his young child grate after ten minutes. Not to mention his stupid "love cuddle" shows good enthusiasm and has the patter to a tee.

annoyance rating 6-10 his stock phrases go round and round again

Most used line = "Give us a love cuddle"

SALLY JACKS

my oh my quite often found myself turning the volume down to 1 when she appears and even then its still far to loud. Selling technique equals shouting screaming and almost having a fake orgasm over every item. Every item is "fantastic" and will get rid of your "saddle bags" and "back fat" Also every clothing item states if this was zara it would be £60 well if i was usain bolt i wouldnt be sat here typing this.

annoyance rating 8-10 loud shouty and comes accross fake

Most used line = "Im running late thats why there this low" (blatantly untrue as she says it every shift)

JAMES RUSSELL

comes across arrogant fake and a bullshitter of the highest order. Highlight was the other night when describing the £1 french watch CITRON as a timepiece, he is a codpiece.

annoyance rating 10-10 for obvious reasons

Most used line = "I am an expert in "insert product" "

no offence meant by any of this

THE OLD GUY THAT DOES BREAKFAST IS Guy Kean.

He had a very bad car accident a couple of years ago and I guess the injuries in recovery makes him a bit crabby. He often has to sit-down during his shift because of it. I do actually quite like him. He's probably totally the opposite of what you expect a sales presenter to be like in his manner. He's been on that shift for ages so I guess he must make a lot of money for them.

That was a great post newtobid :giggle:

I wouldn't believe a word James Russell says :smirk:

Loving your work...and hope you're feeling better soon! But hey? Did you not discover the lovely Caroline Lyndsay during your viewing marathon? .....Homely looking lass, you could easily imagine baking bread and making jam and taking her part in church activities, she'd not be capable of telling a lie!!!!! Don't you believe it!!!! This Bullsh.....'ing strumpet would say anything to make a sale...she says what suits her at the time...she's a struggling single parent, her OH this, her OH that, she's got a 1 bed flat, she's got a house (she's got both actually). Most of the products she presents cost less than the newspaper/packet of crisps combo she bought that morning, and she's got a blind spot when it comes to p&p and call charges...mind you, so have most of them!

Nicola George....sorry but she just gets on me nerves! You can't have seen her! She has a very peculiar accent and and of course a very loud voice. Facially she looks like an insect! But hey, she clearly thinks she's the bees knees (sorry). She's tall and has a very good figure, yet the clothes she models are amazing 'cause they cover a multitude of sins like her huge beer gut, flabby arms and back fat!!! Yeah right love. Just yesterday she was demo'ing some support leggings, now she never wears leggings cause of her awful legs...these garments are good, but they're not that good and you could pretty much see that she has a figure that most certainly doesn't need any help from baggy or supporting pricedrop/bid.tv wondergarments. Another BS queen I'm afraid!

Last edited:
Loving your work...and hope you're feeling better soon! But hey? Did you not discover the lovely Caroline Lyndsay during your viewing marathon? .....Homely looking lass, you could easily imagine baking bread and making jam and taking her part in church activities, she'd not be capable of telling a lie!!!!! Don't you believe it!!!! This Bullsh.....'ing strumpet would say anything to make a sale...she says what suits her at the time...she's a struggling single parent, her OH this, her OH that, she's got a 1 bed flat, she's got a house (she's got both actually). Most of the products she presents cost less than the newspaper/packet of crisps combo she bought that morning, and she's got a blind spot when it comes to p&p and call charges...mind you, so have most of them!

Nicola George....sorry but she just gets on me nerves! You can't have seen her! She has a very peculiar accent and and of course a very loud voice. Facially she looks like an insect! But hey, she clearly thinks she's the bees knees (sorry). She's tall and has a very good figure, yet the clothes she models are amazing 'cause they cover a multitude of sins like her huge beer gut, flabby arms and back fat!!! Yeah right love. Just yesterday she was demo'ing some support leggings, now she never wears leggings cause of her awful legs...these garments are good, but they're not that good and you could pretty much see that she has a figure that most certainly doesn't need any help from baggy or supporting pricedrop/bid.tv wondergarments. Another BS queen I'm afraid!

thanks for replies

sorry didnt no that about guy like i say he didnt annoy me which is something!

caroline yes she didnt really entertain so i turned her over (so to speak)

nicola is that the other loud shouty one?

thanks for replies

sorry didnt no that about guy like i say he didnt annoy me which is something!

caroline yes she didnt really entertain so i turned her over (so to speak)

nicola is that the other loud shouty one?

ROFL!!!!

Yep, Nicola is another one of the shouters!

Here's a little youtube clip. You would think someone who had such awful legs, a beer gut, a poor figure as she claims would be a bit too self conscious to be doing the following! I give you Miss Lola La Rouge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c8ia82oO4Q&feature=plcp

So yeah, our Nicola is one of the worse BS'ers and liars on the channel I'm afraid.

Please give your opinion on Steve Mcdonald, the chirpy scouser for me he is one of the most entertaining. Also watch for his world record attempt later this month!

Is it a world record attempt for how many second-hand hub caps he can eat in a minute?

Is it a world record attempt for how many second-hand hub caps he can eat in a minute?

sorry havent seen him

oh yes the one the only peter simon

what can you say?

first couple of times found him entertaining latterly just a bit pervy?

sorry havent seen him

oh yes the one the only peter simon

what can you say?

first couple of times found him entertaining latterly just a bit pervy?

Steve Mcdonald is on price drop right now til 6.30 ch 645 sky.

MERRYONE....... i laughed when i read that Nicola George looks like an Insect ha ha ha.....
I always think of the Alien from the Roswell incident pictures when i see her...
but now all i can see is a Praying Mantis:giggle:

Latest posts

Back