Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lisa Brash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Mason

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Greg

Registered Shopper
Who do you think is the crappiest, most lying, badly researching presenter?

Lisa Brash, with Caroline Lyndsay a close second. I can't/won't watch either of them....

In terms of calculated flagrant falsehoods concerning the products James Russell is the undisputed king!
In terms of 'white lies' meaning bogus personal anecdotes then Caroline Lyndsey is tops.She also scores highly for copious use of the words 'christening' 'bridesmaids' and 'godchildren' in her quest to get your money.
The poll also mentions 'badly researched'-well Guy Kean does no research at all(Mike Mason obviously does a lot of preparation),but for getting facts wrong through a mix of incompetence and deception the prize has to go to Peter Simon.

So many i could have voted for..with many valid reasons but mr Bull wins hands down:mysmilie_12:

It's hard to say because the ones who lie the most are the most entertaining too ie. Russell and Peter SImon. I prefer to think of a crap presenter as a boring one. Lying and being badly researched doesn't make a presenter crap - it actually makes them more interesting. I would say Far Mani, Guy Kean and the other old bloke are quite boring and that's why I think they are the crappest presenters. I would say out of your list Mike Mason is the crappest because you get fed up of his references to his lady/goddess, his kid and the fact he lives in the country. Second would be Caroline Lyndsay.

I think you should do a poll on which presenter is most entertaining and who makes you laugh the most. My top 4 in no particular order would be Andy Hodgson, Steve Mcdonald, Peter SImon and Russell.

Lying and being badly researched doesn't make a presenter crap - it actually makes them more interesting.

But if a presenter is deliberately and willfully lying all the time then they're not doing their job properly; they're selling products under false pretences and that is just not on. Peter Simon could be the worst by virtue of (arguably) pretending to be incompetent/playing to the gallery, but James Russell walks it simply because he lies even more often and with a straight face; he doesn't even attempt to redeem himself from a personality perspective with ancient jokes or crap sympathy tales. Just horrible.

No prizes for guessing the presenter I absolutely hate with a passion, but even so I was still shocked by the margin of his (losing) victory. You might have thought they would have ditched him by now given the fact that he's so unpopular, therefore his sales record must be pretty good by way of compensation.

Last edited:
James and Mike are the worse for outright lying and deception. Peter seems to be a mix of lying and general ignorance and lack of awareness over what he's saying.

RE researching and explaining the projects - Guy doesn't seem to do anything except read out the number every 30 seconds...

One thing in defence of Darth Russell.
Granted he is a BS Jedi master (who's gone over to the dark side) but, at least he doesn't SHOUT like a demented banshee.

Yes, I voted for Jaxx. She does my head in, cant watch her.

I do agree that James Russell probably is the grand master of BS, but it wasn't he who got my vote. Caroline Lyndsay got mine, and perhaps my reasons are unfair,but I'm standing by them. She looks as though butter wouldn't melt, she looks honest, friendly and homely....but watch a few of her shows and soon you realise she'd sell her own grandmother down the river if the price was right! The other thing that persuaded me to choose her over the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason...is that she just isn't entertaining in any way shape or form ...simply a BS'er end of story!

Heads and shoulders above the rest with his total BS in James Russell, cant stand him, same smug look all shift......what a prat!

James Russell by a country mile! Sally Jacks comes second...

I kind of like Peter Simon as he's just daft as a brush and you can never take him seriously anyway! He is a child hood hero for me so I cannot hate!

Once again... I am NOT Mike. My last post was made when he was
on air.

Can you see why we think you are him though. You chose your first ever post to defend him and it would always be ousting replies before and after his shift until we mentioned it then suddenly you posted during his shift. You could easily get someone else to post. Sorry if I am wrong. Why did you choose that username btw? I do like it :)

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

I am pretty sure that Moet&muffins is a lady and not a man( judging by the style of prose used)and is definitely not Mike Mason.Possibly a friend or a fan of his.

Latest posts

Back