The Cutlery...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
I've watched in dismay as i've seen them sell 10,000s of their incredibly low-quality 16 piece cutlery set for £1 (plus £7.99p&p and the £1.53 phone call) - so a total of over £10.

What are people doing?! Why on earth would you spend £10 on some awful low-quality cutlery set? (They look incredibly thin, light-weight basic cutlery).

As a comparison:

IKEA: 16 piece cutlery set: £1.50 http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50087185/

Tesco: 32 pieces cutlery set: £3.99 (so £2 for 16...) http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-value-32-piece-cutlery-set/213-7396.prd

Ebay: 16 piece cutlery set: c£3-5. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Piece-..._Cutlery_PP&hash=item231a7681cf#ht_1465wt_764

What on earth are people doing buying this? I've seen them sell 1000s and 1000s...:confused:

Last edited:
I'd rather buy 4 set's of 4 from poundland - I'm sure they will be better quality than bid and a set of 16 for £4 is better than paying £11 to bid.

I saw these sold last nghit by Adam Heppenstall. They were almost sold out before they were actually shown on screen! I just could not believe what I was seeing. This sale had all of the hallmarks I've seen at mock auctions in empty high sreet shop units!

Wake up you silly buyers. You all must have more money than sense!!

It was all superhyped up and there was a fancy box with a fancy ribbon in the centre of the studio set, waiting for the big reveal............I was waiting for a branded set in a proper canteen, but...........
I was horrified when he opened the box to "reveal" the cutlery thrown in loose! I know it was a box that was supposed to look christmassy, but it wouldn't suprise me if this set didn't actually come in a box of its own at all...it's probably gathered up from a local restaurant that's gone bankrupt, so they'll just throw the required amount of knives, forks etc straight into the cardboard outer. If you've got a tenner to spend on cutlery, then I know you can pick up something whose quality is ten times superior to this! I paid about £4 in Poundstretcher for a pretty decent set. Don't be shy, has anyone bought this? We won't laugh...honest...just tell us what it was like and how it came presented!

Last edited:
It was all superhyped up and there was a fancy box with a fancy ribbon in the centre of the studio set, waiting for the big reveal............I was waiting for a branded set in a proper canteen, but...........
I was horrified when he opened the box to "reveal" the cutlery thrown in loose! I know it was a box that was supposed to look christmassy, but it wouldn't suprise me if this set didn't actually come in a box of its own at all...it's probably gathered up from a local restaurant that's gone bankrupt, so they'll just throw the required amount of knives, forks etc straight into the cardboard outer. If you've got a tenner to spend on cutlery, then I know you can pick up something whose quality is ten times superior to this! I paid about £4 in Poundstretcher for a pretty decent set. Don't be shy, has anyone bought this? We won't laugh...honest...just tell us what it was like and how it came presented!

Yeah - I saw them in a big box with ribbons - and then they took the lid off and it looked like a load a cheap thin cutlery had just be thrown in there randomly. They went on to sell 600! Shocking.

Joshua, you must be mistaken! James Russell mentioned earlier that the cutlery set was comparable to those found in a 'posh restaurant'! :smirk::giggle::grin:

Joshua, you must be mistaken! James Russell mentioned earlier that the cutlery set was comparable to those found in a 'posh restaurant'! :smirk::giggle::grin:

Haha - how that guy keeps a straight face for 3 hours is a mystery!

Latest posts

Back