ellis's ideal world faux pas today on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Well Ellis talks of Ideal World for first time today! she was reading out TJC website when she said ideal world web address, she instantly realised her mistake and was clearly embarassed but instead of just moving on, as she could have, she didnt take the viewers as idiots and instead apologised for her mistake and said after 12 years, in her previous life. it was bound to happen and how sorry she was as clearly after 12 yeaars she was bound to make the mistake, am so glad she didnt just cover up and ignore her slip up. I admired her for that. I dont think she wanted to mention the other channel she used to work for, but having made the mistake, she didnt treat the viwers as idiots.

Im so so sad to loose Ellis from Ideal. Especially as on a Saturday I rarely watched QVC always prefering Ideal and Saturday was Ellis main day on Ideal where she would do the most hours, I will still watch Ellis now and then now I know she is at TJc which is good news for them, as no doubt I will start to buy the odd thing from them as I watch but primarily I will be tuning in to watch Ellis. I so miss her. She was like my friend, know that might sound daft to some people, but her presenting style, made me the viewer feel part of her life. Best of luck Ellis on The Jewellery Channel.

an update, Ellis just spoken of how after 12 years on another channel, she had been made to feel welcome by everyone, from the directors to the studio people, in fact everyone. Im so glad Ellis was brave enough to mention her leaving on air. She didnt name the channel nor give any indications as to why she had left after 12 years. Im really glad Ellis has been given a lovely welcome by everyone and made to feel part of the team. Im still thinking it must be hard to do 4 full hours by herself no guest co presenters as on Ideal world. Havng said that, after watching Ellis for last few days, she seems very good at it, but then she has had a lot of experience presenting shopping channel.

Someone being nice about ellis doesnt make them her or obsessed with her :confused:, just means they like ellis and enjoyed watching her like many of us

Eight years after leaving an Insurance Company in Norwich [Where the quiz of the week came from] I still sometimes, on the phone in my current job, have to stop myself still repeating the "standard" welcome greeting I had to use back in the day. I can understand Ellis doing this for at least the next few months given how focused she must have been at IW!

I used to answer my home phone as my job on occasion up to a year after I left. I worked for them full time for 8 years. I bet Ellis knew this would happen and dreaded the prospect.

The only thing I can comment is. Best wishes Ellis. Good luck in your new venture.

Im not Ellis and Im not obseesed, I liked her and enjoyed watching her. I thought as this was a forum for alll thing shopping tv, someone might be interesetd in what I heard, if they had not been watching it. Sorry I bloomin spoke jippyroo!

Nothing to do with Ellis but I do wish TJC would get their descriptions correct, they just labelled a pair of butterfly fixture earrings as leverback.

Im not Ellis and Im not obseesed, I liked her and enjoyed watching her. I thought as this was a forum for alll thing shopping tv, someone might be interesetd in what I heard, if they had not been watching it. Sorry I bloomin spoke jippyroo!

One of my rules in life: Only apologise if you have done something wrong. You haven't tristar.

I like Ellis as well, shame she has gone to TJC as I don't buy much jewellery or have much interest in it, also C&C are still using her to advertise the daft IW savings club! It's a shame she never got a proper goodbye, maybe she didn't want one, I was hoping she would go to QVC.

Whether they liked her or not, or even if she had gone under misunderstanding (not saying that was the case, just saying if she did) I think management should have given her a good send off and a present. Even if she said she did not want one, there was nothing to stop them from handing her a surprise bouquet and a pressie!

Just watching Ellis today on The jewellery channel, something of a surprise today, Ellis spoke of spending 12 years on another channel and how it would take a lot to lure her away but the glitz and sparkle gave her the reason.

Im so glad Ellis is comfortable and seems genuinley happy in her new role, she seems to really enjoy presenting the jewellery. Also seems Ellis isnt afraid to mention her previous role, although she doesnt mention Ideal in name, but still she is not least pretending she is completley new to shopping tv, which kind of would have insulted viwers intelligence She has said a lot about her being the newbie at the Jewellery channel and how she has been made to feel so welcome.

I am getting into the jewellery a lot more, because I like to watch Ellis presenting and am learning about the gems and that, am sure I will buy a lot for presents. I never watched jewellery before but since tuning in to catch Ellis, I have started to get interested in Jewellery. so does it now seem Ellis left for a change, been lured away for the sparkle, as she said this morning. So from that Im not sure whether it may have actually been Ellis own decision or though cant rule out other reasons but the main thing is she seem happy and I would have been sad if she had left shopping telly completley, because she is so good at the presenting and the selling that it would have been a real shame had she moved away from shopping telly. She has 'channel hopped' thats all. Im sure the jewellery channel will be really pleased they managed to get her, as she has so much experience selling on shopping tv. am sure if anything, Ellis will help them sell more.

Last edited:
I completely understand what you mean. My first husband, Barry, left me nearly fifteen years ago for a younger model and for the last ten I've been happily married for a second time to Eric. The only thing is that I still regulary call Eric by my first husbands name! I just seem to have a bit of a block. Luckily he's very understanding and quite often jokes that it must be because I still miss Barry!! He does make me chortle.

I do miss Ellis on IW. I suspect there may have been some relationship shenanigans going on behind closed doors. There usually is.

Eight years after leaving an Insurance Company in Norwich [Where the quiz of the week came from] I still sometimes, on the phone in my current job, have to stop myself still repeating the "standard" welcome greeting I had to use back in the day. I can understand Ellis doing this for at least the next few months given how focused she must have been at IW!

Ellis said last week she would be doing 10am-2pm on Wed, Thus Fri and 12-4pm on Saturdays. Im glad she said when she was appearing on TJC as I will alwyas try to watch if I can. Iv always liked Ellis. I think I probably will buy more jewellery now, when I see bits I like for presents etc. I hope lots of people who enjoyed Ellis on Ideal will come and join her sometimes on The Jewellery Channel. In that way, I think The Jewellery Channel may well benefit by having Ellis join their channel, as people like me who wouldnt really watch jewellery now watch to see Ellis and as a result no doubt by the odd thing here and there, so maybe their viewing figures and their sales will go up a bit.

Either way, Im Glad Ellis is still working as a shopping channel presenter. I agree it was a shame that Ideal didnt least mention Ellis had left, after all she was there from the begining and gave a lot of years hard work, so why not acknowledge this by informing viewers. Least Ellis appears happy and settled in at jewellery Channel and in regular slots. I feel Ellis is a friend, she talks to viewers as though they were friends and I always appreciated that. Oh well, Im also sure my family wont be complaining at having more jewellery presents this Christmas!

We like to think of Ellis as more of a family member than just a friend. We've lived through her ups and downs and various haristyles over the years and have loved her since she was on "You Bet" with Matthew Kelly. In fact my children usually refer to her as "Aunty Elle" when she's on television.

We always send a christmas card to Ellis, Robert, Milly, Jed and Clara and have a number of signed photos on our credenzas. There's just something about Ellis that makes her so trustworthy and reliable. It never felt like she was "selling" on IW but just sharing her personal thoughts with us about things that we really need to have to make our lives better like the fabuous Karcher Window Vac and the Roomba.

Ellis will continue to be in our hearts and nightly prayers even though she's no longer with IW. My own suspicion is that the nasty duo of Loen and Andy are behind her untimely departure. There's something about those too that just seems to good to be true. On the surface they appear to be the perfect couple with their perfect looks but I'm not so sure.

Ellis said last week she would be doing 10am-2pm on Wed, Thus Fri and 12-4pm on Saturdays. Im glad she said when she was appearing on TJC as I will alwyas try to watch if I can. Iv always liked Ellis. I think I probably will buy more jewellery now, when I see bits I like for presents etc. I hope lots of people who enjoyed Ellis on Ideal will come and join her sometimes on The Jewellery Channel. In that way, I think The Jewellery Channel may well benefit by having Ellis join their channel, as people like me who wouldnt really watch jewellery now watch to see Ellis and as a result no doubt by the odd thing here and there, so maybe their viewing figures and their sales will go up a bit.

Either way, Im Glad Ellis is still working as a shopping channel presenter. I agree it was a shame that Ideal didnt least mention Ellis had left, after all she was there from the begining and gave a lot of years hard work, so why not acknowledge this by informing viewers. Least Ellis appears happy and settled in at jewellery Channel and in regular slots. I feel Ellis is a friend, she talks to viewers as though they were friends and I always appreciated that. Oh well, Im also sure my family wont be complaining at having more jewellery presents this Christmas!

I feel the same. I have always had a soft spot for Ellis. I will continue to watch her now on The jewellery Channel. I dont like to think she may have been pushed by Ideal, she deserved their loyalty. So hope it was her decision to leave. I dont know why but felt she was somewhat on the outer at ideal the last few years, unfair if it was in any way the case. I dont want to speculate too much as I dont think Ellis would want it. She has given details of her new shift times, on air at Jewellery Channel, maybe for Ideal fans to be able to follow if they so wish, maybe she was unable to say a proper thank you and goodbye to viewers at Ideal for supporting her over years. that was a pity but I was so glad to hear that everyone had made her feel really welcome overy at Jewellery Channel.

I dont know Ellis other than as a viewer of shopping tv, never written to her or anything and feel she is the type of person to guard firecely her private family time, even though she talks of her family often on air, maybe marcusstone is one of her biggest fans after reading his post but can I be the next biggest fan, hehe.

I tried to watch that channel(live tv online), but don't really know how it works:sad: Do people bid and they all get the lowest price:thinking:

I completely agree Tristar, I think it best that only those of us, like myself, Ruby and Marcus, who are part of Elle's "extended family" contact her. She's very protective of her private life and her family. Afterall, she hardly ever used her family in sales campaigns for IW and never really referred to them on screen unless it was necessary for her to clinch more sale.

Also best not to speculate about the real reason for her departure. Sadly the move was a downward one (if that can be possible for a IW presenter hehe!)

I dont know Ellis other than as a viewer of shopping tv, never written to her or anything and feel she is the type of person to guard firecely her private family time, even though she talks of her family often on air, maybe marcusstone is one of her biggest fans after reading his post but can I be the next biggest fan, hehe.

Sorry, I don't buy stuff because I like the presenter. I don't watch certain channels because of the presenter, however market trader/exaggerated/slimy they might be. If the product is ok, and you can see a need in your life to get it, then buy it. Stopping buying from one channel and buying from another just because a presenter has moved is weird, IMO.

Latest posts

Back