Strictly 2012 13th-14th Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Well, we have the first show for someone to get the boot.

They have brought back the dance off, easier for the judges to boot out who they really don't like.:wink:

Rumour has it Denise might be getting a pass this week because of a neck injury. But, then again she might come off the bench and dance??????

....and unfortunately they've bought back the sunday night 'oooh let's try & fool the stupid viewer that we come back and do it all again' show.

I rarely bother watching it as I always find out the night before on DS who goes. Spoils my viewing of the whole series though.

I also hate the 'pretend' sunday night show. Everyone trying not to let it slip that it was 'tonight' not 'yesterday'.

Why not just show it later on a saturday night then no issues.

Is Denise just trying to pull the 'injury card' trick for the sympathy vote as she did not score as high as she would have liked last week.

Looking forward to the shows though - there are some good dancers this year - some were quite surprisingly good.

Please remember not to post any spoilers here on ST, don't even allude to what might have happened, respect that some people will want to watch the Sunday night show and find out then!

Thanks! :happy:

So in her own words 'Denise cannot dance'????? What rubbish obviously she was trying not to look too good in the first show.

Have they got new singers on the show? Normally they are absolutely fantastic and you cannot tell the songs are not the original, this year they are ok but not up to the usual standard. The Adele song was not good at all.

Last edited:
Brucie let slip on 'tonights result show' before Tess realised and corrected it to tomorrow. BTW, I tend to go into zombie mode every time I hear that Adele song as I really hate it (being overplayed and for goodness sake, its a song about stalking an ex not a love song!). Kimberly was good but what was Len on with his harsh comments?

Otherwise I thought all the girls looked stunning tonight and overall a reasonably high standard for a week 2. Can't see much of a future for Nicky or Michael Vaughn nor Jerry Hall.

Otherwise I thought all the girls looked stunning tonight and overall a reasonably high standard for a week 2. Can't see much of a future for Nicky or Michael Vaughn nor Jerry Hall.

It was too close to call as to who was the more shockingly dreadful - Jerry or Michael, both were of the oh dear, oh dear, oh bl**dy dear variety.....Michael looked like a small child in a primary school Xmas production & Jerry proved emphatically that being able to walk & pose does not equal being able to dance, shades of the awful Nancy from last year there I thought!!

Poor Nicky could do well but has so far been hampered by newbie Karen, who seems determined to 'do her own thang', no matter how much it piddles off the judges, an illegal lift last week & then a routine tonight that bore little or no resemblance to the dance it was meant to represent! Nicky did his best but obviously has to do as he's told & work with what he's given, a shame I think!

*Go Victoria!*....who looked beautiful & elegant, like a film star of old! :clapping: (Major cycling fan! lol And I feel sorry for her....'nerves' & 'fragile' don't even cover it with VP, she's always been an absolute wreck from nerves & that's when she's in her comfort zone!)

Denise, chavvy oik that she is & I can't actually stand her, was brill....hard to believe she only learnt to jive a week ago, stonkingly good!

Lisa was lovely & light on her feet but all this 'I'm as common as muck & more ladette than lady' gets on my ruddy nerves tbh.....knock it on the head Lisa, it's really not that endearing an attitude....!

:star: Well done all though, very entertaining programme tonight!

I think Jerry and Michael will be in the dance off.

Denise, okay now that was a jive

Louis was fantastic as well, so elegant.

Colin as well.

Lisa loved it.

Agree about the singers and the Adele song. I had the misfortune to be on hold for Virgin Media and had to suffer her singing non-stop for about 15 minutes. Every time I hear one of her songs now, I have the urge to beat her to death!!!!

I actually love Adele's music but it was not a good version tonight. Whilst the men seem to be ok at singing the woman/women is not doing the songs justice this year. Which is a shame as normally they are absolutely fantastic and can sing any song as good as the original.

Denise - brilliant ..maybe I will get to like her?
Louis - goodness, he's there in body but where's the rest of him, do he & Flavia not get on?
Colin - yummy, and a good mover for a tall chap (my OH is 6"4" and you should see him try to dance!)
Kimberly - very good and I too was surprised at Len

Craig - what's he on?! Higher marks than the other judges on a few occasions!
Darcey - been told about those "yahs"? One or two slipped in but generally, she was better than last week

Brucie - oh dear he let it slip didn't he!

I think all the singers sound different and are not as good as the previous series.

Someone has definitely had a word in Darcy's ear regarding the yahs and oks?. Thank goodness. Denise was brilliant, but there is always going to be prejudice against her as she has danced for her living in stage shows. Lisa and Louis were really good too. I thought Len was mean to Kimberley - I would like her to win. Could someone tell me why I dislike Tess Daly intensely? I really would love to smack her smug face and I am usually so gentle! he he

......Could someone tell me why I dislike Tess Daly intensely? I really would love to smack her smug face and I am usually so gentle! he he

A guessing game, brilliant, I love games......ooh, wait wait, got it, I know this one.......is it because she is an irritating, false, talentless, overpaid twerp & a waste of time, space, oxygen & your share of the TV licence fee.....? Well, am I right, have I won? Is there a prize? :thinking:

p.s. I'm not gentle by nature (far from it!) - I'll smack her smug face for you if you like - you can stand behind me & titter quietly to yourself.....clap if you like....maybe wave a little flag or something if you want? :giggle:

Please remember not to post any spoilers here on ST, don't even allude to what might have happened, respect that some people will want to watch the Sunday night show and find out then!

Thanks! :happy:

Thanks for this Sazza - I am REALLY cross as someone put a 'subtle hint' which was more huge than subtle, on the Strictly Facebook page and now I know who goes tonight despite not wanting to know. If I wanted to know I can go to digitalspy - have done this in the past if I am going out on a Sunday and wanted to find out. People really like to spoil it for others.

Others on DS have have put up a whole thread of Louis and Flava and no chemistry at all.

I am not sure if he is just really quiet and shy and finding the must smile and hug your partner all the time strange????

Others on DS have have put up a whole thread of Louis and Flava and no chemistry at all.

I am not sure if he is just really quiet and shy and finding the must smile and hug your partner all the time strange????

It might be because he is a burley athlete and not an actor. It is noticeable that sports people do not have the lovey, huggy, kissy ways of the actors. Actors are also trained to 'become someone else' so it will be easier for them to take on the role of a dancer.

I think this is why the sportsmen generally struggle in the early weeks to lose their inhibitions.

Someone has definitely had words with Darcey thankfully there were a lot less Yaah's last night.

I feel sorry for Anton he's got another duff partner this year and poor Colin couldn't they have given him a taller partner than Kristina he was trying so hard but looked so awkward, perhaps it would help if she wore higher heels !

:mysmilie_506:

I think Colin could be really good but I wish he had been partnered with Natalie. Kristina is great but the height difference is ridiculous and he's obviously having to compensate for this all the time. Poor old Nicky doesn't stand a chance with that partner and her dismal routines, the other new girl is so much better. I thought Victoria and Kimberley were both disappointing and looked as if they were being dragged around at times, hopefully they'll improve with time. Denise, good, but so obviously an experienced dancer and I still can't take to her. Lisa's got the moves but looked awkward in hold as her boobs seemed to be getting in the way (I know the feeling, poor thing:sad:). Everyone seemed to love Louis but I thought his waltz was a bit "skippy) and the way he held his head and those expressions just didn't cut it with me, sorry. Sid is much better than I expected and I think could also improve with time and of course Ola will bring out the best in him. Jerry, Johnny, Michael and Richard, I think no comment would be kindest.l:giggle:

I keep missing bits of the shows so am still trying to work out who some of the celebs are and what they do! Not a bad standard overall for the second show, but as has been said some are duffers. Not sure who my favourite is now, but may have a soft spot for Ricky!......umm......Sid. :happy:

I thought Denise and James were great,but then the Jive is one of my favourite dances. I did feel sorry for Colin imo he would be so much better with a taller partner....

Latest posts

Back