Bid Tv and Breast Cancer Fao of somebody at bid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

newtobid

Registered Shopper
Firstly it is admirable they are doing something.

Secondly peter simon has just stated they have raised about £7000 so far (presumably from viewers donations)

I am not trying to mix two points here but if even on selected shows (just on a saturday for instance) You charged the usual £7.99 p+p but gave £1 of this from every item to the charity very quickly im sure you will raise 5 figures rather than 4.

I hope somebody sees this and takes its intentions seriously.

Oh these 'charity' campaigns are absolutely outrageous. 10% of the 'selling price' to a charity. Absolutely outrageous and sickening how the presenters will stand there talking about illnesses and highlighting the devastating statistics and saying lines like 'now, you can help be part of the cure', when they are using it purely as a selling tactic. It's one of the lowest things Bid do.

I'd hope that most people can realise they can go onto www.breastcancercampaign.org and just give the money directly.

josh i appreciate that however i am trying to do some good whatever i or anybody else thinks about how bid do this

even on tonight peter simon has sold about 800 individual items , on the above thats an extra 10% of whats been raised in twelve days within 40 minutes

come on bid

OMG good old bid giving a paltry 10% to the charity.... WHY NOT 50%?
If they collect £10.000 for instance for charity they collect £100.000 for themselves!!!!!
So bid are the real winners again, preying on peoples conscience... I dont think its right or fair to the brest cancer charity.

Is it 10% on just the product or does it include 10% on the p&p and premium rate phone call charge as well?

Bid does this every year. They pretend to support a charity whilst they pocket most of it themselves. :dull:

JoshuaUK is right. Donate directly to the charity. Every penny you give will be helping them rather than lining the Bid TV network pockets!

http://www.breastcancercampaign.org/

At the end of the day, its just another marketing trick (albeit an admirable one) to get people to part with their cash.
Lots of companies do it not just bid, they want to appear to be caring where all they care about is whats in it for them.

As mentioned in another post, give direct to whatever charity you choose and buy the product separately elsewhere even if you pay a bit more (shop around).

sorry guys this thread is aimed at somebody at bid reading it and thinking yes thats a good idea

i could be critical of a lot of things they do (and have been) but this thread isnt about that

Apologies for being off topic Newtobid, but I also wanted to add one further point:

I saw Peter Simon selling a BCC campaign product and at the end he said something like '40 people on the phones missed out on that one' - are they going to give the money from the phone calls that missed out to the campaign? Because otherwise they're making money out of people trying to buy a charity item, with the charity getting nothing...

Latest posts

Back