anyone else sick of christmas already

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norfolk dumpling

Registered Shopper
Can't believe IW has the ****** studio decked out for Christmas already. I've pledged not to watch any of the shopping chanels that have started ramming christmas down our throats. Bah humbug!!!

Can't believe IW has the ****** studio decked out for Christmas already. I've pledged not to watch any of the shopping chanels that have started ramming christmas down our throats. Bah humbug!!!

Think you might have to stop watching quite a few shopping channels then! :grin:

We need Christmas to save the economy.Stop being TIGHT sod's.And it's nearly November, they always done this get over it.

What makes you think I am a TIGHT sod? Just because I don't want to see Christmas decorations in the middle of October does not make me tight and as for Christmas saving the economy its probably the biggest cause of people getting into debt. Get over it my arse

No need to be rude Adam.

Have those helicopters and flashing teeth been on yet? Mommabear loves the teeth :tongue:

We need Christmas to save the economy.Stop being TIGHT sod's.And it's nearly November, they always done this get over it.

Not liking Christmas or not wanting to see items in shops so early does not make people tight, please be more polite to fellow forum members!!!

I used to look forward to Christmas and I've always loved it,but inthe last 4-5 years the cynical nature of it all ,has made me hate it. I despise when it's coyly mentioned in July,with "...and you know I hate to mention the C word so early,but Christmas isn't THAT far off"" and things like that.MAybe if I lived in a remote corner of the world away from TV and radio I'd like i,t but I dread it and can't wait for it to pass and for the Spring to come.

I admit to loving all things Christmas. I love twinkly sparkly lights and good cheer so I'm quite happy to see the decorations up around about now. Maybe they should have left it for another couple of weeks, but I've started my shopping now so realistically for me it's not too early. I appreciate that lots of people don't like it and while I know it's all done very cynically I do enjoy it.

I was sick of it when they first mentioned it when it was about 24 degrees outside. Christmas has been commerical for as long as I can remeber but the shopping channels have made it worse than ever.I know they are there to make money ,and provide a service but they piss me off big time by starting Christmas in June or July and then they saturate the airwaves with it until it's thankfully over...Then in early January they'll start selling things that "would make great valentines gifts..oh and Easter isn't a million months away either" My message to all of them is push and piss off the customers at your peril.Moderation is far better than excess.

What they are all so guilty of forgetting is a lot of their viewers will be alone for much of Christmas, then its not much fun. I try do hard to make the most of it, I do get to see my precious nephews on Christmas afternoon, and I still have dinner with mum and dad and my grandparents. the worst is all the other days that are forced on us. Christmas day is ok but boxing day and all the other days up to and including new year, Im just on my own and its really hard. Im sure ts the same for many viewers , as I know many loyal tv shoppers are people for one reason or another who cant get out to the shops or who dont like going out, I feel for those alone at Christmas

Christmas can just bugger off this year as far as I'm concerned. I'm in the throes of getting divorced and moving out of the family home, and really Christmas is very unwelcome just now. If it could be put off until about February next year, I'd probably just about be ok with it.

(((((hugs))))) LipstickCherry - sounds like you need a Snarlyism. 'All men are idiots, and I married their king.'* I saw that BumperSnicker a few days after the ex of 25years moved out. Gave me a much-needed laugh. *Apologies to the men. ChristmasDay will see me on my own and working on a JigsawPuzzle, a SnarlyTradition. Many people, that day, surrounded by bickering relatives, will wish they were OnTheirOwn.

Latest posts

Back