Peter sherlock and HIS fragrances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
****** hell with hour after hour of the fragrances, it,s becoming like qvc beauty.Next will be themed hours on bid and price, boring television getting dull.

I hope you don't actually wear them, Peter.

I've heard rumour that 'e uses some of them as "room fragrances"! Good Idea. In fact I have some lovely perfumes that I rarely wear cos they don't last on my skin, so I've been using them to scent the old boudoir!

I DO wear them! I'VE BOUGHT LOADS!!!!!

Now, if only we stocked the Tom Ford collection.

Some of our fragrances are great, some good. The inexpensive ones are great - for the price - and the Guerlain's etc are genuine masterpieces. I'm loving the JPD Caesar and Pride of Rome at the moment.

Which wouldn't I wear? Anything light. I like heavy.....

I want to come to your dressing room and smell you! :wave:

<faints>

Perfume question for Peter Sherlock, sorry to hijack this thread, but can you tell me why most perfumes "die" on my skin within about 20 minutes? In my life I've only found a handful of fragrances with any staying power...The first one was Red Door, got it as a pressie, I did like it but found it gave me a headache, so don't wear it now. An Avon one called Today Tomorrow Always, and Liz Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds, the Diamonds and Sapphires lasts fairly well too....other than that everything fades to nothing very quickly.
The other question is are perfumes supposed to last or is it expected that we should top up a few times a day? I've always thought that good perfume should have good staying power, and would only wear off if you're doing something active or strenuous....not just sitting at your desk!
My fella's the same and just recently he discovered Arlington by D.R Harris....it smells just like Acqua di Parma, but lasts for ages. ....He bought Acqua di Parma but it wore off in a matter of minutes.

Last question....is there anything I can do to help fragrance last on my skin...I know about layering, but other than that?

and definitely last any chance of stocking D.R Harris?!

Why not switch over for an hour, then? Many people like watching.

This is the real Peter Sherlock on this thread- I think this was the last time he posted on this forum, maybe it's worth pm ing him and he might answer the JPD "Sold in Macy's" lie.

Do not confuse with the fake "Peter Sherlock" poster on this forum who joined this month, the real Sherlock has been a member since July and has posted comments 38 times although he seems to have lost his voice recently.

Last edited:
Do not confuse with the fake "Peter Sherlock" poster on this forum who joined this month, the real Sherlock has been a member since July and has posted comments 38 times although he seems to have lost his voice recently.
If you had to tell lies on behalf of your employer I bet you would lose your voice as well :wink:

If you had to tell lies on behalf of your employer I bet you would lose your voice as well :wink:

I agree! I think it's great that Peter's come on here to talk about/ defend his products. However, when it comes to matters such as JPD, one would imagine he really has to keep schtum for the sake of his job .Even if he came on here and said "No comment"...he'd could still be in trouble. The fact he hasn't come on here to say "Yes, JPD products really do sell at Macy's"," There really is an advert running on mainstream US tv" means that he hasn't incriminated himself, but has "told" us all we need to know - I don't think we shouldn't slag him off for it!

Peter's not the worst offender, and at least for him, you believe, (well I do) that he feels passionately about the products he's selling, and not just coming out with any old cock & bull in order to shift a few more units. The channels bosses are in charge of the B/S dept, and as another poster rightly pointed out some presenters take to it like a duck to water, effortlessly letting the effluent fall from their mouths, even getting so carried away with it all that they possibly end up believing it themselves.

Let's give Peter a bit of slack here...there are obviously questions he's not allowed to answer....Hope he comes back and posts soon x

I agree! I think it's great that Peter's come on here to talk about/ defend his products. However, when it comes to matters such as JPD, one would imagine he really has to keep schtum for the sake of his job .Even if he came on here and said "No comment"...he'd could still be in trouble. The fact he hasn't come on here to say "Yes, JPD products really do sell at Macy's"," There really is an advert running on mainstream US tv" means that he hasn't incriminated himself, but has "told" us all we need to know - I don't think we shouldn't slag him off for it!

Peter's not the worst offender, and at least for him, you believe, (well I do) that he feels passionately about the products he's selling, and not just coming out with any old cock & bull in order to shift a few more units. The channels bosses are in charge of the B/S dept, and as another poster rightly pointed out some presenters take to it like a duck to water, effortlessly letting the effluent fall from their mouths, even getting so carried away with it all that they possibly end up believing it themselves.

Let's give Peter a bit of slack here...there are obviously questions he's not allowed to answer....Hope he comes back and posts soon x

I only saw one bottle of JPD being sold yesterday and that was by Andy Hodgson, and as has been discussed he didn't give any BS about it at all.

It will be interesting to see what happens today.

According to Peter Sherlock Pride of Rome 'dosen't get much bigger than this'. That rubbish aside there was not a single mention of American Department Stores or US TV Advertising. Even the dreadful Caroline Lyndsay didn't chip in with any nonsense. Peter even said 'there are some really good cheap fragrances around and this is one of them'.

I wonder what has happened to cause this turnaround?

According to Peter Sherlock Pride of Rome 'dosen't get much bigger than this'. That rubbish aside there was not a single mention of American Department Stores or US TV Advertising. Even the dreadful Caroline Lyndsay didn't chip in with any nonsense. Peter even said 'there are some really good cheap fragrances around and this is one of them'.

I wonder what has happened to cause this turnaround?

Would it be too much of a coincidence if I said this forum? :clapping:

I watched it and it was a much better sell and I think they sold all 108ish, which goes to show that you don't need to lie to be a good salesman/woman

Also Caroline said that you wouldn't readily see this fragrance around anywhere else

Would it be too much of a coincidence if I said this forum? :clapping:

I watched it and it was a much better sell and I think they sold all 108ish, which goes to show that you don't need to lie to be a good salesman/woman

Also Caroline said that you wouldn't readily see this fragrance around anywhere else

She did indeed say that too.

It's good to see but a word of caution. Let's see if this new air of transparency continues when the likes of Peter Simon sell it though.

We are watching Mr Simon et al, believe us :hi:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back