Yonanas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Yonanas is great for creating a variety of frozen fruit treats that look and taste like soft serve ice cream. It is very simple to use and can be operated by just the touch of a button. Yonanas is ideal for everyone, it makes perfect guilt-free, low calorie, high-fibre and dairy-free desserts just like ice creams!

Yonanas is very simple to use, just insert your favourite combinations of frozen fruit into the Yonanas chute tube and out comes your delicious fruit combination healthy soft serve ice cream to enjoy.

Or.......why not just mash up your fruit with a fork?

This looks revolting :giggle: and in no way, shape or form is it ice cream. It is squashed frozen fruit! And how do you clean the thing?

Yonanas is great for creating a variety of frozen fruit treats that look and taste like soft serve ice cream. It is very simple to use and can be operated by just the touch of a button. Yonanas is ideal for everyone, it makes perfect guilt-free, low calorie, high-fibre and dairy-free desserts just like ice creams!

Yonanas is very simple to use, just insert your favourite combinations of frozen fruit into the Yonanas chute tube and out comes your delicious fruit combination healthy soft serve ice cream to enjoy.

Or.......why not just mash up your fruit with a fork?

This looks revolting :giggle: and in no way, shape or form is it ice cream. It is squashed frozen fruit! And how do you clean the thing?

Oooops! I thought it looked quite good! They said that it was easy to clean, however, it seemed from what I saw the bananas need to be over ripe, or on the turn before they'd be any good, so that would be a bit of a palaver, I didn't hear them mention anything about sweetening berries, as they'd be pretty inedible in their natural form, especially blackberries. What put me off, was that the machine was just too specific....and I don't need another bulky kitchen appliance that only does one (pretty random) thing!

Presumably this idea was rejected for Dragons' Den (or whatever)? Because it was said that shopping channels are the natural home of failed Dragons' Den ideas :wink:

Oooops! I thought it looked quite good! They said that it was easy to clean, however, it seemed from what I saw the bananas need to be over ripe, or on the turn before they'd be any good, so that would be a bit of a palaver, I didn't hear them mention anything about sweetening berries, as they'd be pretty inedible in their natural form, especially blackberries. What put me off, was that the machine was just too specific....and I don't need another bulky kitchen appliance that only does one (pretty random) thing!

It may be fussy old me as I don't like bananas and to see one pulped up makes me heave :giggle:

Makes a ****** racket if you ask me.

Frozen fruit = ice cream? You must be off your nana :smirk::giggle:

I've just eaten a Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream reading this thread :wave: Yonana can do one! :smirk:

Paul Becques was eating and gurning to this product too. Made me wanna heave :confused:

however, it seemed from what I saw the bananas need to be over ripe, or on the turn before they'd be any good, so that would be a bit of a palaver,

They only used over ripe fruit to emphasize that you dont need to waste fruit, and can freeze it, so it isn't wasted. I put frozen fruit in the blender with a bit of milk, and it does the same thing. Very nice actually.

Having "Googled" this it is an American item and if you love ice cream but don't like the calories it looks as though it might be just the thing for you.
There are a whole lot of clips of it being used and it looks both quick and easy to both use and clean, along with lots of different recipe suggestions.
Yes you WOULD need to add some sort of sweetener if you where using berries of other sour fruit.
It is really very clever as it grinds the fruit rather than blending it so you get a very smooth constancy.
Having said all of that I wont be buying it, as I already have a cupboard full of kitchen gadgets I hardly ever use.

I thought I'd try exuding a couple of frozen bananas through the mincer attatchment of my Kenwood as it has a disc with very large holes, I thought this would be the closest alternative to the Yonanas machine. I was right..... they started to come through the colour and the texture of ice cream, however it begins to melt exceedingly quickly and by the end of the bowl, you are just left with a rather unappetising banana puree....ie baby food! Also I didn't think it particularly tasted like ice cream, it was odd. It might have been better with a dollop of chocolate or toffee sauce, but again you'd need to act quick before it begins to melt. I don't know if bananas extruded by the actual Yonanas machine would keep frozen any longer, but I certainly wouldn't pay over £40 to find out!

I thought I'd try exuding a couple of frozen bananas through the mincer attatchment of my Kenwood as it has a disc with very large holes, I thought this would be the closest alternative to the Yonanas machine. I was right..... they started to come through the colour and the texture of ice cream, however it begins to melt exceedingly quickly and by the end of the bowl, you are just left with a rather unappetising banana puree....ie baby food! Also I didn't think it particularly tasted like ice cream, it was odd. It might have been better with a dollop of chocolate or toffee sauce, but again you'd need to act quick before it begins to melt. I don't know if bananas extruded by the actual Yonanas machine would keep frozen any longer, but I certainly wouldn't pay over £40 to find out!

Yuk :biggrin: well done merry, sounds disgusting

They only say it's like ice cream to make it more appealing and there aint no cream in Yonanas :wink2:

This sounds like one of those frozen desserts that tastes like ice cream when frozen but turns into a not-very-nice fruity mess when defrosting. Best stick to frozen yogurt I think :wink:

Makes a ****** racket if you ask me.

Frozen fruit = ice cream? You must be off your nana :smirk::giggle:

I've just eaten a Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream reading this thread :wave: Yonana can do one! :smirk:

This is the best post ever! hahaha

The way the machine ejects the fruit that's gone into it reminds me of a bear with severe constipation finally managing with a great deal of pain to extrude the contents of it's bowels. :mysmilie_51:

Latest posts

Back