Dell TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aranlady

Registered Shopper
I see there's a Dell TSV coming up. Has anybody any ideas what it could be this time :33: I'm getting ready for a new PC and this could be the one :54:

Pauline xx

I had the last Dell TSV, and sadly I had a faulty one, it has been a nightmare to get sorted out, they do not have a UK based call center and so was a nightmare to sort out. As soon as Dell became involved QVC wouldnt help. Dell machines can be good as have had them previously. But I would never buy their warranty again as to me its not worth the paper its written on. Next day - you have to be joking!!!!

I wouldnt wait for a TSV they are usually poor value and you can get better deals going direct with Dell.

Dell Studio Hybrid 22" Widescreen 250GB HDD Compact Desktop & Intel Core 2 Duo
Item Number: 560191
QVC Price £924.50
Today's Special Value Price £799.92
Availability In stock
UK P&P £0.00
avaible on 4 easy payments of £199.98

Get great looks and superb specs with this Dell Studio Hybrid desktop and 22" monitor. It comes in a choice of stylish Pink, Red, Green or Black, and it has a sleek design so it fits in rooms where space is a premium. You can work on several applications at once without losing speed due to the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM, while the 250GB hard drive stores all you need. Includes a four-year guarantee. Measures about 19.7cm x 7.2cm x 21cm (7.7" x 2.8" x 8.3"). See our other Today's Special Value offers for more Dell computers (560192 & 560193).

Dell Studio Hybrid Base Unit 250GB HDD Compact Desktop & Intel Core 2 Duo
Item Number: 560192
QVC Price £691.00
Today's Special Value Price £597.84
Availability In stock
UK P&P £0.00
avaible on 4 easy payments of £149.46
Looking for a stylish desktop with high specs, but already have a monitor? Then this Dell Base Unit is for you. It comes in a choice of stylish Pink, Red, Green or Black. You can work on several applications at once without losing speed due to the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM, while the 250GB hard drive stores all you need. Includes a four-year guarantee. Measures about 19.7cm x 7.2cm x 21.2cm (7.7" x 2.8" x 8.3"). See our other Today's Special Value offers for more Dell computers (560191 & 560193).

Dell Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo 15.4" Widescreen 250GB Laptop & 2MP Webcam
Item Number: 560193
QVC Price £809.00
Today's Special Value Price £699.96
Availability In stock
UK P&P £0.00
avaible on 4 easy payments of £174.99

Express your individual style with this sleek Dell Studio 15.4" laptop - available in Red, Pink, Purple or Black. As well as good looks it has high specs: the impressive 250GB hard drive stores all your music, films and photos, while programs run quickly due to the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM. Other features include integrated Wi-Fi and a built-in 2MP webcam. Includes a four-year guarantee. Measures about 35.5cm x 2.5cm-3.3cm x 26.2cm (14" x 1"-1.3" x 10.3"). See our other Today's Special Value offers for more Dell computers (560191 & 560192).

The Base Studio Hybrid is £479 on the Dell site or £699 with monitor also 3gb memory instead of QVC's 2gb, so you are paying £100 odd for a warranty ,

Also bear in mind that it will be very difficult to upgrade, if you want a small PC there are loads of cheaper options.

I love the design of the Hybrid - but I'd buy direct from Dell and get the extra memory - with Vista it really makes a difference.

I'm using a Dell Desktop TSV from March 2007 and its a very good machine however it was only 1GB. I upgraded it this year to 3GB - with great tech support help by email from Dell and its made a real difference.

I was tempted to get the laptop but the 2GB put me off. The price isn't that great unless they admit the 4 year warranty is included. They always make out it is free. PC World had a Philips 4GB laptop for £549.99. It may not be like for like but I am sure it is adequate.

Last edited:
Although the four year warranty is a great idea, and you think you have peace of mind, my experience is I didn't, the help desk is not based in the UK, the technician didn't know enough to go through the diagnostic checks and the engineer that was booked to come out, did not turn up. This was also on a machine that was only a couple of days old and has taken over 6 weeks to get sorted

I know its only my opinion, but paying for a service they cannot provide annoys me.

I think Dell support is excellent, ive only ever used them twice, first time a fan went on my old Vostro PC they arrived next day and replaced, when i had my new XPS delivered i had a small problem which was sorted quickly on the phone, both times the call agent phoned me back a couple of days afterwards to ensure i was satisfied and had no more problems and they also emailed me there personal email address so i have 1 point of contact all the time.

Ive never ever had anybody phone back like that before it mnakes a nice change.

That is the service I would have loved to have received, each call was someone different and went through the same scenario time and time again. Have just had my phone bill and it cost over £20 to try to sort things. No follow up phone calls or emails from them to help. I hope this is an isolated experience, but due to my experience I cannot recommend

XPS 1530 laptop, the last TSV.

QVC were no help with the situation, as I had contacted Dell, they didnt want to know

XPS has premium support did you use the XPS contact number as this goes to another department so i beleive.

If it is premium support, takes some believing, was always so busy, you were in a queue and then transferred to normal technical help

I've been informed this morning that my DD is expecting a pink dell laptop for Christmas. Hope Santa can manage this 'cause I've a feeling DD will be very unhappy if she hasn't got one in her stocking on Christmas Day.:54:

Latest posts

Back