Adamastre?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
Flicked over to Gems TV for the first time in ages, I haven't seen much to excite me for years. However, I was drawn into staying tuned by Lynn Jinks and her enthusiasm over the launch of a new design 'Adamastre'. I was treated to a lengthy introduction about how diamonds are cut to bring out their best in terms of sparkle and light refraction. Lynn even had a diagram which she used to describe how the angles have to be just right to get the light to reflract out of the diamond by bouncing off the lower pavillion in the gallery (at least I think that was what she said). Then we were introduced to the actual designs. I have to say they were very disappointing as there was very little sparkle and refraction. I think I know why...the design does not allow the light to enter the gallery as the diamonds underneath are not allowing any in or out. If the gallery is obscured there is no light refraction. Either that or the quality of the diamonds or the cutting is poor. Glad Lynn explained this as I understand now. Shame...I was getting that old feeling about something new to aquire, I'll be giving them a miss again. Very disappointing.

I saw just a few minutes of this show and like yourself Huggles was left feeling rather unimpressed. I did also miss the technical details, thanks for explaining them. I spent a few mo's trying to work out the rather odd name until it clicked......an amalgamation of adamantine lustre!

So many of the white diamond pieces of recent times are made up of clusters of small stones, none to my taste at all. I guess they must be thinking of alternative ways to set the 'shedload' of Melee diamonds they must stock. Think they should stick to coloured gemstones, this is where their expertise lies....and always has done. :smirk:

Latest posts

Back