How helpful

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Bloke on PD now saying you can multibuy a London Treasures ring for a quid

He's saying you might as well take advantage of the phone call and save yourself some money

No mention of the multi postage you'll be paying though

I wonder how many people say 'forget it' when they're called back. No wonder they introduced the 'no call back' idea

Bloke on PD now saying you can multibuy a London Treasures ring for a quid

He's saying you might as well take advantage of the phone call and save yourself some money

No mention of the multi postage you'll be paying though

I wonder how many people say 'forget it' when they're called back. No wonder they introduced the 'no call back' idea

God point momma. I never thought of that. They're so sly and crafty!

They only charge £7.99 per order regardless of what you buy. If you spend £50 or over then P&P's free. I know this is the case for online purchases, and I'm sure this would apply to phone purchases if it's all part of the same transaction ie. you're multi buying.

The message on screen says "GB mainland £7.99 p&p per item"

Seems pretty clear to me! If it says £7.99 per item, that's what they'll charge you wont they?

Not if you buy online it seems, making on screen purchases even more of a rip off than I thought they were!

Written on: 01/10/2012

Review of BidUp.TV - www.bid-up.tv

"Multi buy postage cost just stupid..."

I recently bought an item from Bid TV and used the multi buy option for and item that was £1:00 the postage for 5 items was £39:95 and I was completely unaware this would be the case. Whilst I understand the position I do feel that customers should be made aware that the postage cost will remain the same for each and every item.

I am going to refuse delivery as advised by customer services but this whole issue could have been avoided if it was explained either by the presenter on the TV or indeed when the multi buy was being made.

I have bought several item from them before and has been very happy with the service and the products but on this occasion I feel like I have been shafted and I dont like that one little bit.

I think if it was 'per order' they wouldn't shut up about it

As it is, it's never mentioned that one P&P will be charged for multibuying. The only thing they mention is getting all of the items in one phone call

I think if it was 'per order' they wouldn't shut up about it

As it is, it's never mentioned that one P&P will be charged for multibuying. The only thing they mention is getting all of the items in one phone call

I've wondered why they don't shout about it, but they don't. Please believe me...try doing a "mock purchase" on the website and it'll confirm what I've said. I guess they get the most revenue from the rip off phone calls and P&P per item for those who call in. Not only that most items drop to a lower price online 'cause the viewers aren't in panic mode thinking they're going to miss out if they don't press the 1 key now!

The message on screen says "GB mainland £7.99 p&p per item"

Seems pretty clear to me! If it says £7.99 per item, that's what they'll charge you wont they?

Radio_days is quite right. Even though p&p is a rip off, it's quite clearly stated on
screen.

The OP mentioned a London treasures ring. Caroline suggested that on the high st this style of bracelet (the real ones obviously) would set you back about £60, therefore you'd expect to pay £30 for a ring like this.....so in essence "what's was once a main present, now becomes a stocking filler!" FFS woman, I would CRY if I was given a small bead on a small bit of string for my main present, and I think you would too! A stocking filler ? Even that's a laugh cos of the prohibitive p&p if you buy over the phone. Oh, and it wouldn't even fill the toe!

The only way, I'd feel right about marketing these would be to suggest if you can manage to find them on the website for less than £2 (which you probably won't) give a load to your teenage daughter to give to her schoolfriends as little pressies. Caroline....these would not stand up as a proper present, maybe if you were giving a bracelet as well, just maybe!

Latest posts

Back