Colour Protect Shampoo recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
I have just had my hair dyed darker for the winter, shades of dark red and brown. It looks fab but I do find my hair fades really quickly normally. I would like your recommendations for a good colour protect shampoo.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received either from store or online - I don't mind.

Okay, Ojon I always liked, but not fused on the new orange smell. Bumble and Bumble Color Minded is brilliant but expensive. I buy the Travel kit at £25 as you get a half size of the styling creme which is £25 full size. Now I have short cropped hair so it goes a long way on me.

Try to get a brand with no SLS and silicones in them, they it seems though making the very smooth mean you have to wash more often and it will fade quicker. Only wash your hair twice a week if possible. I read this in an article.

Matrix Colourcare Therapie is really good, find on Feel Unique, selling shampoo and conditioner in a gift set at the moment for £16.95 with free delivery. I can recommend as I use it myself. No SLS in these and a little goes a long way. I have really thick hair and the 250ml lasts for ages.

I only ever was my hair twice a week and this range keeps it nice and fresh (although I usually tie it up on day 3)

I've got mine dyed plums and browns and I love it too, but I've yet to come across a colour protect shampoo that really works. I think the only secret is to wash as little as possible which isn't practical. I wish there was something that really would lock the colour in for longer.

Thanks for your help Ladies I will give these a try. I only wash my hair twice a week anyway as I have very greasy hair which I find gets worse if I wash it more.

I use Phyto Citrus and finds it really helps the colour lock into the hair and it doesn't seem to fade as quickly either. Their Phyto citrus mask is also very good.

Latest posts

Back