NN and Cloakrooms

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
They just love it dont they, towels perfect for the en suite or downstairs cloakroom.

Downstairs cloakroom? Is that the toilet, when did it become a cloakroom?

Do any of you hang cloaks in the toilet?

We had a downstairs cloakroom when I was a little kid, we called it the outside lavvy

They just love it dont they, towels perfect for the en suite or downstairs cloakroom.

Downstairs cloakroom? Is that the toilet, when did it become a cloakroom?

Do any of you hang cloaks in the toilet?

We had a downstairs cloakroom when I was a little kid, we called it the outside lavvy

doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it yorko?
:tongue:

I get sock of hearing this. Which presenters have a downstairs cloakroom? Dawson does, frequently refers to it on loccitane shows, saying she buys them for the downstairs cloakroom, irs all very 'nouveau riche' Im sure Roberts has also used the term, so we know she has multiple bogs. question is does she clean them??>

I think also this get mentioned on Peony shows by presenters and maybe that snotty Julie. They have suggested putting one of the expensive small arragements in there.

But nobody ever suggests putting cloaks there do they, perhaps if Q started selling cloaks they would :cheeky:

I have a downstairs toilet but hubby goes mad and refers to it as a cloakroom- this being the proper name for it in the architect/engineering world :rolleyes:

He also calls sinks in the bathroom and cloakroom 'basins'. If he ****** cleaned the things he could call them what he likes!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

We've got a downstairs loo with a hook on the door - does that count?

I don't understand that - we were viewing houses and one had a really nice, big downstairs loo, and the agent was like "some people think this is wasted space, but you can use it for other things, like a cloakroom". It took my a while to realize she actually meant we should hang our coats in there. WHAT?

I've got a cupboard under the stairs full of coats but I'd take exception to anyone squatting in there, I discourage this by not buying L'occitane handwash, NN towels etc.

Jude xx

I don't understand that - we were viewing houses and one had a really nice, big downstairs loo, and the agent was like "some people think this is wasted space, but you can use it for other things, like a cloakroom". It took my a while to realize she actually meant we should hang our coats in there. WHAT?

I don't understand what is wrong with hanging coats in a toilet?! We have them in ours. The whole original concept of a cloakroom is a room near the entrance where visitors can hang their coats and spend a penny without infiltrating your realistic family bogs!! This is very often why people put so much effort into them.

So where does everyone else hang their visitors coats? Intruiged now! And given the choice, would you prefer them to use the family bathroom where all manner of things could be discovered (ahem) or let them relieve themselves in a clean, tidy toilet that is reserved for emergencies and guests?! :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand what is wrong with hanging coats in a toilet?! We have them in ours. The whole original concept of a cloakroom is a room near the entrance where visitors can hang their coats and spend a penny without infiltrating your realistic family bogs!! This is very often why people put so much effort into them.

So where does everyone else hang their visitors coats? Intruiged now! And given the choice, would you prefer them to use the family bathroom where all manner of things could be discovered (ahem) or let them relieve themselves in a clean, tidy toilet that is reserved for emergencies and guests?! :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

No wouldn't like my coats and bags hanging in a toilet. I imagine the fumes from the toilet would go all over the coats etc. I even keep my
toothbrush covered, as they say when you flush the toilet, a million germs go on your toothbrush, and everywhere else. And i wouldn't like
strange visitiors using my en suite, the downstairs loo for them, with no coats in it / Sorry :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back