Benefit Cosmetics back on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hope they have the 'Yes they're real' mascara at a good price. It's by far the best mascara I've tried and believe me I've tried an awful lot.

I have a fab lipstick which I bought online. As I tend to avoid shops like the plague, a reasonably priced decent make like Benefit would be a welcome addition to Q for me :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hope they have the 'Yes they're real' mascara at a good price. It's by far the best mascara I've tried and believe me I've tried an awful lot.

Like the sound of that!! I too am a mascara whore and am stuck with a Maybelline one. I'd be happy to try this on your recommendation :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I've had a few things from Benefit that I have liked very much but i have made expensive mistakes with Benefit cream eyeshadows (wrong colour) on the high street, so I do welcome the 30 day mbg that QVC offer when buying make up. Would be interested in the Mascara Bensmum - I'm always looking for the ultimate mascara!!

I'd welcome Benefit back too. Yes, it is available on the high street, but I always find the assistants on the Benefit counter rather pushy. Will be good to have a few of the products demonstrated. Would be good to see a few easy pay products too.

I use the 'They're Real' mascara and it is the best one I have ever used and I have tried hundreds! I tend to stock up when I go through an airport and buy duty free or when Debenhams/John Lewis is doing a 10% off promotion, which helps a little with cost.

I have bought other Benefit items but not found anything else I like. Prefer Bobbi brown or Bare Minerals.

I'd welcome Benefit back too. Yes, it is available on the high street, but I always find the assistants on the Benefit counter rather pushy. Will be good to have a few of the products demonstrated. Would be good to see a few easy pay products too.

I find exactly the same thing. Its like running the gauntlet trying to make it down the main aisle of Boots without being accosted by a Benefit sales assistant. My avoidance tactics now include walking fast past the counter with my eyes looking down at the floor, looking like a woman on a mission to get to the pharmacy or the lunch section.

In a separate note I think Benefit is very pricey for what it is. I have picked up a few nice, new Benefit bits at car boot - latest acquisition was the Benefit Cabana Glamour kit I paid £2 for. I just wouldn't pay full price for Benefit products.

Two things - there is an AWFUL lot of fake Benefit out there, they actually employ people to search through eBay and try and take down listings due to the number of fakes and the damage the poor wultiy fakes are doing to the brand. I reckon a bronzer bought for £2 at a car boot is most likely fake!

Secondly, MUA do an AWESOME mascara for £3, here's a link...

http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/eyes/mascara/every-lash-volume-lengthening-mascara

It goes on so easily, doesn't flake at all, comes off easily, smells of apples (!) and it's just fab! They've also got a new Mega Volume mascara out, also for £3 which is next on my list to try : )

Tx

Two things - there is an AWFUL lot of fake Benefit out there, they actually employ people to search through eBay and try and take down listings due to the number of fakes and the damage the poor wultiy fakes are doing to the brand. I reckon a bronzer bought for £2 at a car boot is most likely fake!

Secondly, MUA do an AWESOME mascara for £3, here's a link...

http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/eyes/mascara/every-lash-volume-lengthening-mascara

It goes on so easily, doesn't flake at all, comes off easily, smells of apples (!) and it's just fab! They've also got a new Mega Volume mascara out, also for £3 which is next on my list to try : )

Tx

No it isn't a fake - they are easy to spot, usually the print on the packaging is a dead giveaway. There are a lot of regular folk like you and I who just have a good clear out of stuff they don't want or use and I have bought quite a lot of high-end beauty bits from car boot sales this year. Many are feeling the effects of the recession and boot sales have become hugely popular for not only making some money but being great places to pick up bargains. I'm quite up on fake stuff (now fake MAC abounds at car boots but they're easy to spot too if you're used to using the real deal) being a bit of a beauty junkie. My beauty hauls have included Elemis, Gatineau, Clinique (lots of GWP sizes), Estee Lauder (again the GWP), Clarins, L'Occitane and even some Liz Earle bits recently. All new and unused and 100% authentic. Last year I bought a sealed 200ml size of Eve Lom cleanser for a fiver from a woman who's daughter had given it to her but she hadn't bothered to open and use. It sells for £70 at retail price. Now that was a bargain!!!

I use 'SugarBomb' and couldn't be without it! All other Benefit though, I could take or leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it isn't a fake - they are easy to spot, usually the print on the packaging is a dead giveaway. There are a lot of regular folk like you and I who just have a good clear out of stuff they don't want or use and I have bought quite a lot of high-end beauty bits from car boot sales this year. Many are feeling the effects of the recession and boot sales have become hugely popular for not only making some money but being great places to pick up bargains. I'm quite up on fake stuff (now fake MAC abounds at car boots but they're easy to spot too if you're used to using the real deal) being a bit of a beauty junkie. My beauty hauls have included Elemis, Gatineau, Clinique (lots of GWP sizes), Estee Lauder (again the GWP), Clarins, L'Occitane and even some Liz Earle bits recently. All new and unused and 100% authentic. Last year I bought a sealed 200ml size of Eve Lom cleanser for a fiver from a woman who's daughter had given it to her but she hadn't bothered to open and use. It sells for £70 at retail price. Now that was a bargain!!!

Glad to hear it! I see so many blog posts and reviews of products which are clearly fake, bought by less savvy shoppers than you and I and it's such a shame. = )

Tx

Come on people. It will be the same as Bobbi Brown, the prices will be exactly the same as you can buy in a store apart from the odd kit.

At least at Boots and Debenhams you get points on your cards, and free shipping(with Debenhams you need a beauty card, Boots orders over £20).

Oh and Benefit train their sales assistants like that, always have.

Yes, Benefit fakes out there, they sell them at make up parties, just like the MAC parties. If it looks like a gift horse they it will be fake.

Benefit recently had 10% off, online.

Okay, rant here people. It really pisses me off when these US companies in America have F&F(Friend & Family) sales a few times a year. You order direct from their website and its usually 20% and free shipping when you spend so much. Yet here in the UK we get crap deals of a mere 10% if lucky. Some sites do the big banner SAVE £10, when it turns out you need to spend £100!!!!! Now SpaceNK online the other week did do £10 off when you spent £40, the best of these sort of deals I have seen in the UK.

Last edited:
I bought the 'They're Real' mascara a couple of months ago. Don't like it at all. Using Revitalash for a few months, my eyelashes have really grown and this mascara makes them look like spiders legs. Also I have to get it on really quickly as it dries rapidly, a second coat is impossible. Not impressed.

Come on people. It will be the same as Bobbi Brown, the prices will be exactly the same as you can buy in a store apart from the odd kit.

At least at Boots and Debenhams you get points on your cards, and free shipping(with Debenhams you need a beauty card, Boots orders over £20).

Oh and Benefit train their sales assistants like that, always have.

Yes, Benefit fakes out there, they sell them at make up parties, just like the MAC parties. If it looks like a gift horse they it will be fake.

Benefit recently had 10% off, online.

Okay, rant here people. It really pisses me off when these US companies in America have F&F(Friend & Family) sales a few times a year. You order direct from their website and its usually 20% and free shipping when you spend so much. Yet here in the UK we get crap deals of a mere 10% if lucky. Some sites do the big banner SAVE £10, when it turns out you need to spend £100!!!!! Now SpaceNK online the other week did do £10 off when you spent £40, the best of these sort of deals I have seen in the UK.

Can I join your rant Donna. Another thing that annoys me is they have fantastic shops in USA like Sephora who sell really good brands at great prices. Even QVC US have better deals and prices than us. Also if you look on US websites the price in $ is almost the same as we pay in £ with no exchange.

If you look on the Red Carpet Manicure USA site the colours are $9.99 on the UK site they are £12.95 - even with a poor conversion rate that should be around £6.50.

I think it is time for another trip over to stock up. My husband works for a firm based in Boston and one of the girls over there used to buy stuff for me and send with their parcels to the UK but she has left now :sad:

Latest posts

Back