Good luck steve mcdonald world record

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
As you may or may not know Steve Mcdonald is making an attempt to break the world record for most live hours on tv by a host. We wish you well Steve.

The thing I like is Steve normally gives a mobile number out on screen so you can text him messages and so atleast we can text him our best wishes. If only other presenters allowed us to text them I would be very tempted to send abusive texts to the likes of Mike Mason (not his biggest fan) :thinking:

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/programme/worldrecordattempt/71405568/

Last edited:
They all tell porkies we can't hold that against them, He seems like a great bloke.

No matter how friendly someone appears to be, telling lies all the time negates all that good will because it undermines their personality; any lying results in a greater probability that they're just pretending to be friendly. Any decent salesperson should be able to sell products without resorting to lies, even though it has to be said that Steve seems to have improved in this respect recently and is nowhere near as bad as James Russell :wink:

Watching him now, and he is very entertaining. He is trying to sell a rugby shirt. Good luck on the record and selling the shirt.:handshake:

Its discription is harbour collection going for £5.94 plus extras. Just searched and its £29.99 at Marks or have I made a mistake, they call it Blue Harbour?

Last edited:
Watching him now, and he is very entertaining. He is trying to sell a rugby shirt. Good luck on the record and selling the shirt.:handshake:

Its discription is harbour collection going for £5.94 plus extras. Just searched and its £29.99 at Marks or have I made a mistake, they call it Blue Harbour?

it's not marks and spencer it's a rip off sit up "brand" thats made to confuse people into thinking it's top quality m&s

I watched from 11pm-10am and it was entertaining with them reading out hundreds of text messages and speaking to people on the phone including Richard Hardwick & Sophie Kostrowski, They also did a Skype with Tori from Abu Dhabi, Woke up just in time to see him get his certificate shortly after 3pm all the crew joined Steve for the last minute

The Guinness World Record boys seemed to be enjoying themselves and at 1 point tried to sell Steve his shirts back for about 10 seconds, The adjudicator seemed very nice and friendly too

I can't say I noticed many lies but when selling some mens clothing he blamed the computer for taking it to £7.xxp yet they took the price to £5.xx later on in the sell

Finally the computers crashed when the clocks went back and they lost Steve's clock

He did 25hrs and 2 minutes.
He was presented with a framed certificate by an adjudicator of the Guinness World Record team live on air at 3pm on Sunday.

Does anyone have any video of the moment when the clocks went back and their computers crashed?

Here is a video of some of his best moments:

Latest posts

Back