Diamonique question/ big CZ stamp

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
I have just got a diamonique piece, after years of hearing how its often indistiguashable from real diamonds except maybe with a jewellers loop, imagine my horror then, looking inside a bracelet only to see staring at me in huge letters the letters CZ! I somehow didnt know diamonique was the same thing as CZ which I always thought CZ was cheap argos type imitation stones yet qvc go on and on about diamonique being so like diamonds, well how would it fool a jeweller unlesss he had a loop, surely if CZ is stamped inside he wouldnt need to look in a loop and nor would anyone else.

sorry tristar, i know it's not funny but that last sentence made me giggle ;)

Diamonique is just Q's brand name for CZ.

You could buy CZ from anywhere else, it's all the same. Cheap as chips.

A jeweller would know simply by looking at the setting and the band. CZ stamp or not. Rings set with real diamonds of the equivalent to most of the eek on offer would be weighty pieces with solid, thicker bands.

That said if you keep your ring on your finger a jeweller might not be able to tell. And family and friends probably won't know.

I never say that eek is anything other than what it is. I usually say it's a "bit of glass". But if you want to people to think it's real don't let them try it on and clean it regularly. Diamonds sparkle through the grubbiness of every day wear, diamonique doesn't ... in my opinion.

Love it for what it is.

But surely they cant have been exagerating for all these years as Diamonique is the finest simulation available (in their opinion)
Diamonique is just Q's brand name for CZ.

You could buy CZ from anywhere else, it's all the same. Cheap as chips.

I have a 14ct two tone gold diamonique ring bought years back in clearance. It is pretty heavy, though the stone bit is really small. It was the 14ct gold which made up the price for diamonique.

I just didnt think CZ would be written in big letters. I could maybe understand QVC being written there but I thought Diamonique was QVCs diamond simulation, unique to them so is it diamonique or just CZ, excuse the ignorance I know nothing much about jewellery except what Iv been told listening to qvc. I just thought CZ stamped there was just rather 'obvious'.

i remember the big hoohaa ideal world made before unveiling moissanite 'the best sim ever' - do they still sell it?

After this, I will save for the real thing. I have one diamond on a chain my parents bought me, but the diamonique looked better, sorry dad but if its just this CZ stuff then I wont bother. I think diamonique brand is a little misleading, we know it isnt real diamonds but I thought it was another simulation to CZ or something better in simulation, this is my ignorance, not knowing

lol tristar what did you think diamonique is :redface:

I personally wear a diamonique ring everyday as my engagement ring.People assume its real....whether they're just being nice or not,I don't know.And do you know what I don't particularly care! The most important thing is that I like it! I started wearing it as working with small children I didn't want my own precious gold and real diamond rings in mud,paint,playdough,messy play etc...

Now that I've got used to seeing it there all these years....my own proper engagement ring looks dull and tiny in comparison.I was very young when I was engaged...my ring back then is is exactly what my 19 yr old self had got my heart set on.But is what I'd choose today? hmm possibly not.

Now as times have changed (and my tastes too) rings and *bling* are so different now.There was no choice to choose from then...not even an internet to search and hanker after!!

Can't help it...I like a bit of eek....but prices are getting dear on QVC.Search on CZ on ebay...lots cheaper!!

Diamonique is a type of CZ. But, to be fair, it is a very good grade of CZ. I've seen far inferior CZs elsewhere in shops like Samuels and Argos. For the small sizes, they're fine, but you can really see the quality in the bigger sized stones.

Thanks Nicky-j that's kind of what I thought was the case: that Diamonique was a very good grade of CZ. As far as I know, there is no other type of simulated diamond than CZ and Moissanite - and Moissanite has it's critics because of the greenish hue of the stones, at least with Diamonique you don't get that!

I like eeek/CZ because I like the big selection and it means that I can wear the rings all the time without fearing that I will lose them. In the past I have lost quite a few rings and bracelets of some value. I hardly ever wear my real jewellry and do not expect to buy anymore expensive items. Just bought a few as presents in the last few days and a Micha one for myself.

I like a bit of eek too. I just see it as costume jewellery in precious metal.

I do wish QVC would stop going on about it being indistinguishable from diamonds. But they bang on about silver looking like white gold and stainless steel looking like platinum. It is what it is!

Tristar ... I would say most people would be fooled but it's really about how yo feel. To me eek is a bit of fun, diamonds are still an investment.

Last edited:
Briolette cuts are stunning. I've got eek briolette earrings and a pendant set in gold. Lovely but no way do they look like diamonds. I've also got an eek charm silver ring with three briolette cut charms. Such a pretty ring.

I've got a lot of eek I'm thinking!!

Latest posts

Back