What do you think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diamond Diva

Registered Shopper
With some of the threads that have been posted recently I've felt that clicking the 'like' or 'thanks' buttons wasn't always expressing how I felt about it but still wished to show support. Sometimes I might agree with the post but not particularly like the subject i.e. the Jimmy Savil post I agreed with it but clicking 'like' seemed inappropriate if you see what I mean.

I was wondering if we might be able to have an 'I agree with this' or 'I disagree with this' button as well, obviously Graham would need to be involved in this and would of course have the final say but what do you think, would anyone else find this useful/appropriate?

Yes, I do. I think agree and disagree are far more appropriate than like/dislike. I like the 'Thank' button though! Maybe we could have agree/disagree/thank?

Good post DD ;)

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

On another site I frequent, in addition to like/agree/disagree, etc, there's also a 'love' button. [Stop sniggering at the back there.]

It works in two ways; either you 'love' the post [our cute animal videos, for example] or it's used as a way of sending love to the poster, often when someone writes from the heart, or on a subject that's touching.
It doesn't replace messages of sympathy or support, of course, but it's a quick way of saying 'sorry you've had a rotten day and you've got flu' .... that sort of thing.

I agree with the 'I agree with this' or 'I disagree with this' button proposal.
I did mention it on a thread once seeing the same dilemma as you have Diamond Diva.

I must keep my fingers off those buttons though. I was looking at the stats yesterday & I'm a prolific button pusher lol.

Ii was me - I sniggered sublime

I think it would be good to have an 'agree' button.

I don't like the dislike button. I have been 'disliked' twice (you know what I mean!!') and I have never forgotten who did them and I avoid them now. So its probably not a good idea. Others might like it though.

Nothing wrong with that Mim, so am I.

I like to "like/thank" if I've found the post informative, funny whatever, it would be good to have agree/disagree as well. I don't personally like the dislike button but I can see why it gets used from time to time by some people.

Oooh sorry - snap Itchy!

I seem to remember (I could be wrong) when Graham told us we would like the new "like" function a while ago, that it was someone else's software, so he probably isn't able to edit it.

Last edited:
I agree about the agree button and also about the dislike button- if you strongly do not agree/like what someone has posted it is more courteous to put forward why you have another viewpoint however I can see the pitfall is that some people do not understand the noun argument and think it means a ding dong slagging off type of reply rather than a rational response. Hope that makes sense.

I seem to remember (I could be wrong) when Graham told us we would like the new "like" function a while ago, that it was someone else's software, so he probably isn't able to edit it.

Yes, I remember something along those lines too.

One good thing about having a bad memory - I can't remember dislike pushers.
Even if I could remember, I wouldn't be moved in any way. It's someone's opinion that's all and being as I don't know them or they know me well, it doesn't really register on my radar as such.

That is correct, Graham cannot edit Like/Dislike, it is part of the software.

I must keep my fingers off those buttons though. I was looking at the stats yesterday & I'm a prolific button pusher lol.

Ii was me - I sniggered sublime[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Me too min:doh:, and I've just gone and done it again!!

Lol
We are as bad as each other.
I suppose I see it as a way of acknowledging a post too.

It would feel very odd if your posts were never acknowledged, surely people would stop bothering to post - even the occasional dislike would be proof you existed lol!

It would feel very odd if your posts were never acknowledged, surely people would stop bothering to post - even the occasional dislike would be proof you existed lol!

ST never used to have thanks or like/dislike options, most forums didn't!!

i tend to 'like' not just when i do actually like the post but also when the posts make me laugh and so many do, i'm 'liking' all the time. lol

If you don't like a post could you just not-respond or not-acknowledge it rather than hitting the dislike button. I wonder sometimes if the dislike button puts people off posting?

Looking at my stats I see I've pushed that dislike button a few times! I'm sure I've hit it in error a few times though. I've realized what I've done and quickly corrected it on a few occasions, but I'll have missed others. Hopefully no-one hates me coz it's probably a mistake and really I loved your post!!!

As I said on the public forum somewhere I don't really like those buttons, no pun intended!. I dont recall ever disliking a post but as a general rule I would much rather just come out and say what I think and why. And just because I am not a prolific button clicker does not mean I have not enjoyed or appreciated someone's post.

Latest posts

Back