If you like Laura Geller's Bronze & Brighten...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I've used Bronze and Brighten and also the New CID version and I think they're virtually the same, in fact I bought the New ID when they were on Ideal World even before I tried Laura's B&B. Anyhoo, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative the New ID (or whatever they call themselves) version is in Clearance at the mo:

http://www.qvcuk.com/New-CID-i-Bronze-Baked-Bronzer.product.224649.html

Jude xx

PS anyone know why they changed the name? Is it because they're no longer affiliated with the New ID makeover salons?

No, they still do the make over things. It was mentioned on a recent show, something about their studio.

I have seen CID in real life, it used to be in my local House of Fraser. Never sold well and the counter went. I did think it looked very like LG and wondered who copied who?

I tried to look at my Ideal World order history but I can't see orders earlier than 2006 to see when I bought it. Their Ice Pop powder used to be like LG's Ethereal Rose but now is a flatter pink marbled blusher and not as nice. I wonder if LG's baked products take 6 months to make because the other half of the year the factory of arti-sahns in Italy are make for New ID?

Jude xx

I went to my local TKMaxx this afternoon and they have a small selection of New CID priced 4.99 - 6.99.

I haven't tried many New CID bits but from what I have I'd say Laura's stuff is a fair bit better. The former isn't awful, but certainly nothing special.

I might try the new cid eyebrow pencil. I use the ybf one but the last ones go bit clumpy on the end and leave a blob of pencil on the eyebrow, which is annoying as I have to fiddle about to blend it in.
Mollymoo

I've used the New CID and the YBF/Models Prefer brow pencil and there's little to choose between them. The only deciding factor will be whether you prefer the classic tip of the YBF pencil or the wedge shaped end of the New CID one. The colour texture etc are very similar.

I think i need to move. I hear all you guys talking about your finds in TK Maxx but my local one is rubbish, the only thing i've had there is a kathy van zeeland suitcase.

I've used the New CID and the YBF/Models Prefer brow pencil and there's little to choose between them. The only deciding factor will be whether you prefer the classic tip of the YBF pencil or the wedge shaped end of the New CID one. The colour texture etc are very similar.
Looking at the reviews it seems that there's more actual pencil rod in the CID and there were complaints that YBF is a couple of inches long since it was brought back last year.

I've since defected to using the Doll10 brow fix which looks better as I have hardly any visible brow hair http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll10-Airless....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-203552. There was a Mally TSV a while ago with the propelling version of the liner pencils that only had about 1cm of "lead" in them and then if you wound too much up they wouldn't retract! It's a shame to short-change their loyal buyers like this.

Is the New CID brand on QVC the product that is guest presented by a woman whom has a strange resemblance to Bruce Forsythes Ex Anthea Redfurn?
ANTHEA

Latest posts

Back