First post a few observations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grumpybloke

Registered Shopper
Good day all , I have to confess I have bought a couple of items from Sit Up , the first was a paper shredder from Jim Watt's daughter , can't remember her name , also bought a couple of Nike T Shirts , before the days of Tommy & Kate , £1.53 phone call & £7.99 P&P , both still in working order .

The quality of goods has reduced significantly since then , ghastly worry angels , Budda & Massi figurines to name just a couple or so items of tat . Then you get to Tommy & Kate and all the other "quality branded" Sit Up merchandise .

It is not only the products that have gone down the sink , the presenters are generally a sub standard crowd , a couple I enjoy watching are Guy Kean who seems free from the hard sell & b/s , also Charlotte Mounter who sadly is not used much , the one who annoys me the most is Caroline Lindsay , she can spout rubbish by the second , the assistants are much of a muchness , not one of them seems to have the personalty that Lisa Celise showed when she was on the channels .

One more thing Charlie McArdle , thought he had finally left , but no he was back AGAIN last night 10 PM Bid , another comeback , don't they ever leave ?

It is so bad now it is enjoyable to watch the desperate attempts to flog the latest piece of tat or another clearance sale which the items don't seem any cheaper than before , I forgot the thrill of the jewelery avalanches which the lucky assistant gets to pick the next item to flogged , so exciting & tense :dull:

That should do for now , hope I have lived up to my usermname

Great post! I think the lady you're thinking of is Michelle Watt! :)

The quality of the products has definitely declined over the years - they're probably trying to squeeze out similar profit margins to the margins they could easily get pre-economic crisis. These own brands are pretty naff.. I've had the misfortune of wearing one of their freeport t-shirts. It wasn't comfortable, lost shape after the first wash, and couldn't be worn again.

They are struggling to find new gimmicks to sell their tat, meaning that they resort to the same few techniques - "non-stop drops", the jewellery avalanches, and supposedly random "flash clearances".

There are a few presenters in the mix who are honest, but most of them just try to sell the products without showing any personality.

Charlie seems to be doing what Lisa Brash did - when he's in London, he'll try and pick up a few shifts.

I'm not sure how much longer the falling price format can last in its current form - people are slowly realising that there's a set price for each product, and with each product now being timed out, there's no point hanging around to see if the price would go lower.

The things they say to try and make us believe we're getting stuff much cheaper than we should be is ridiculous. The phrases they have are so over used that they've become an insult to the viewers' intelligence.

Just how many times can they be "running so late" that they have to drop the price in order to "move along?"

Just how many presenters have still got their jobs after reducing prices not only without being qualified to do so, but also against the producer's wishes? Make such huge blunders, eg; that an £100 watch is forced to be sold for under a tenner? Allow prices to drop below a price that "under NO circumstances " should it go below?!

Then there's the," I've got one of those which I bought for twice the price and the quality is nowhere as good as this!" Most shopping channels are guilty of this, I know, but the good folk at the Sit Ups seem to take it to another dimension!

And of course the biggest bugbear of all, the way they carry on as though the postage, packaging and phonecall charges simply don't exist!

But somehow bullsh*t is so watchable!

Last edited:
Welcome Grumpy! I agree with a lot of your post, especially about Charlotte, she isn't on enough

Caroline has no fashion sense what so ever! I have to laugh when she's trying to sell a bag!!!
Sally Jaxx is spot on, cleary knows her trends and it's defintley her strength.
They should (I keep mentioning) do a menswear section with a decent trendy presenter... (Don't know who?)
Those models are annoying and the assistants! It's all very amateur and cringeworthy!

Latest posts

Back