Bye Bye QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

Tootie

Guest Shopper
I don't post on here very often but I was absolutely horrified to hear about Graham's woes. So here goes - I have independently decided to close my account at the end of the year once my latest batch of easy payments have been fulfilled. I made this decision - not the forumites or Graham. We are all adults and we can read the comments on here and make our own minds up. It just so happens that we are all like-minded and have all experienced similar problems. It's comforting to know that these things happen to other people too.

I have seen the light and rediscovered the high street. For the first time in years, I have bought most of my Christmas shopping from there and Amazon. And yes, you have to pay to park. So what? AND I enjoyed my gingerbread latte. I don't go into town often and it's all part of the experience.

Over the years with QVC, I've had some absolute bargains but some shocking dross too. 'Fine' jewellery that was valued at next to nothing by a professional jeweller being one thing that springs to mind. I have had parcels that never turned up, incorrect items sent to me, missing items in sets, previously used items, refunds that took over a month to reach my bank account. And the list goes on. I've just come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the hassle any more. That and the fact that I just can't find the bargains any more. Where have all the fantastic beauty TSVs gone? There's so many of them now from each brand that it totally devalues them. For example, I have no interest in the upcoming Decleor and Philosophy TSVs because they are just the same old, same old. Not to mention that the last Philosophy fragrance I bought from QVC had no scent whatsoever. Totally watered down. I've gone back to Chanel No 5 - now there's a real scent.

I realise this is a rambling rant of a post but I just wanted to share and let you know that reading your posts has helped me reach this conclusion.

Over to you guys now!

I don't post on here very often but I was absolutely horrified to hear about Graham's woes. So here goes - I have independently decided to close my account at the end of the year once my latest batch of easy payments have been fulfilled. I made this decision - not the forumites or Graham. We are all adults and we can read the comments on here and make our own minds up. It just so happens that we are all like-minded and have all experienced similar problems. It's comforting to know that these things happen to other people too.

I have seen the light and rediscovered the high street. For the first time in years, I have bought most of my Christmas shopping from there and Amazon. And yes, you have to pay to park. So what? AND I enjoyed my gingerbread latte. I don't go into town often and it's all part of the experience.

Over the years with QVC, I've had some absolute bargains but some shocking dross too. 'Fine' jewellery that was valued at next to nothing by a professional jeweller being one thing that springs to mind. I have had parcels that never turned up, incorrect items sent to me, missing items in sets, previously used items, refunds that took over a month to reach my bank account. And the list goes on. I've just come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the hassle any more. That and the fact that I just can't find the bargains any more. Where have all the fantastic beauty TSVs gone? There's so many of them now from each brand that it totally devalues them. For example, I have no interest in the upcoming Decleor and Philosophy TSVs because they are just the same old, same old. Not to mention that the last Philosophy fragrance I bought from QVC had no scent whatsoever. Totally watered down. I've gone back to Chanel No 5 - now there's a real scent.

I realise this is a rambling rant of a post but I just wanted to share and let you know that reading your posts has helped me reach this conclusion.

Over to you guys now!
Thank you Tootie
I am so glad that someone else has discovered this also, I was beginning to think it was just me! TSV is supposed to be today's special value, the Special Value is not meant to be less than the usual standard just because it is mass produced for the QVC.

Hi Tootie and I love everything you've said. I'm sure there are lots of high street returners who account for QVC worrying about their sales levels. They'd be better tempting buyers with better offers, free postage and faster delivery times than beating up Graham (not literally AY) and failing to honour the sales traffic this site puts their way. :taphead:

My health issues often limit my movements so mail order and supermarket deliveries have been a god-send at times. However they also make me more isolated and so going around Waitrose or mooching around the high street shops is far better for my mental well-being than sitting on my tod at home day in day out.

'hope you still visit this forum though :talking:

Jude xx

I have come to the same conclusion, firstly I seem to be spending far less partly due to a much reduced income whereby practically anything I buy is a "considered purchase" so shopping for treats has been slashed. I find the p and p a complete and utter rip off and then the icing on the cake has been the treatment of Graham. I am off to the dreaded high street today and will include lunch with a good friend as part of the outing, the sun is out and even though it is cold I am looking forward to being out and about.

Not got as far as closing my account but have been thinking about it and if I do I shall email them with all the reasons why.

Im getting very frustrated with waiting for orders, take today saturday, was just hoping fingers crossed I would get my orders, when its royal mail you know if it doesnt come on sat, you have to wait till monday, everything at the moment is taking the full 5 working days, sometimes more. Its getting worse.

I agree with everything said here. My total spending with QVC over the last year has been just £20 and that was only because I couldn`t get the Wintertrax locally. Q need to revamp everything from the site, to their p and p, to the dross they sell and their past their prime presenters. There`s next to nothing on Q which can`t be sourced elsewhere and often much cheaper. I realise a lot of people are housebound or lonely and feel ordering from Q is a social thing not just a retail thing. My husband`s sister in law is a prime example, crippled with arthritis, doesn`t drive and rarely leaves the house and she`s spent a fortune with Q but even she`s begun to realise the problems with Q and believe me she was their BIGGEST fan !
She won`t entertain a computer so her shopping options are limited. I feel the likes of her are sitting ducks for Q and it leaves a nasty taste to see her pay through the nose not just for items but also for p and p.

I have come to the same conclusion, firstly I seem to be spending far less partly due to a much reduced income whereby practically anything I buy is a "considered purchase" so shopping for treats has been slashed. I find the p and p a complete and utter rip off and then the icing on the cake has been the treatment of Graham. I am off to the dreaded high street today and will include lunch with a good friend as part of the outing, the sun is out and even though it is cold I am looking forward to being out and about.

Not got as far as closing my account but have been thinking about it and if I do I shall email them with all the reasons why.

I am in the same boat as SS.Everything penny accounted for at the moment,so QVC is definitely out and the High Street is in.And do you know? I'm loving it!! dash about getting my bits....loads of bargains everywhere at the moment...and a hot chocolate as well to boot.

Actually loving all the shops trying to get my custom,when actually QVC doesn't treat me very well at all,with their OTT P&P and longest delivery times.

I'm not strong enough to close my account.I desperately want a new flannel NN set,when I see a bargain one...I can't resist a kipling TSV...but these are the only reasons its still there!!

Oh and the fact that their website is the worst I've ever encountered means no spending is much easier!!

The strength of shopping telly channels used to be their ability to demonstrate clever little gizmos that simply wouldn't sell themselves stacked on a shop's shelf without explanation. They often were the funniest items to watch with someone like Whatters, Dean or PLavers...anyone remember Dean Wilson on Shop! riding a piece of exercise equipment in slow motion? Hilarious!
QVC seems to have moved away from this type of thing but by moving into selling big brand names that don't want their products heavily discounted, they've lost much of the viewing appeal and their out-dated logistics mean they're not competitive in terms of delivery time. Unless it's a product that needs 30 days testing to decide whether or not it's a keeper I'd rather buy elsewhere for less postage, or combined postage and next day delivery.

Jude xx

Rainbowdottie, the Evelyn flannel is lovely from NN. Some FM have experienced bobbling but I have two sets with no problems. :rock:

Latest posts

Back