on a wing and a prayer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
QVC delivery is becoming slower and so unreliable. Im getting dissapointed and angry. Everything is taking right up till the fith and final working day, so I have no comeback with customer care but its always the last day. Its getting that I hate saturdays because if the postman doesnt fetch them, then you know you have to wait right until Monday. I want my stuff!! least if its sent with courier, you could get your delivery saturday afternoon, or evening or sunday. Im like a kid, so fed up because I thought I would get my goodies today but no it will be Monday which will be the fifth working day, so what can I do. I wish QVC would try harder with delivery times. Everything being the fith day is not 3-5 days, its 5 days, 90% of the time.

Totally agree!!! I know it's been discussed on here before but there are so many companies now who guarantee dispatch same day and delivery within 2-3 days, Amazon etc., and free p&p too. I shop with Amazon a lot and parcels are wrapped better than Qs every time, often arrive next day or day after even tho' p&p free.

Watching eek! last night and the p&p was extortionate. For a tiny ring or necklace the p&p was disgusting. They really need to sort themselves out or they will go downhill fast. I think they already are to be honest, and are trying to stay above water but are not doing it very well, they seem to have no idea. Maybe they should have some of us on board :thinking: They certainly need to bring in new management etc.

Last edited:
Delivery

You know, it's beyond a joke isn't it?
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I'm getting with QVC over delivery times.

Considering what they charge us it's a very poor service.
This last week I ordered two pairs of the Honora TSV earrings, different colours so full postage for each. Won't even start on that because, as others have said the postage is stated & you choose to pay or not.
I placed the order on the launch, so more or less midnight Monday/ Tuesday, & they still haven't arrived.
In fact they were still in process on Thursday.
Now on Tuesday as well, but later in the day, I placed another order not to a big firm like Amazon, QVC etc, just a small pet supply place. Paid postage, half as much as for one pair of the earrings, for a parcel far bigger. It arrived Thursday.

I know they say 3 to 5 working days and I know we get the choice to buy or not, but really when you think about it, the delivery is pretty bad for what they charge isn't it? Especially when even small firms are going more than the extra mile these days to give good service & keep or attract custom.
Then they have the gall to blame this site for their fall in sales.

I've just posted a different thread along the same lines. Sorry I hadn't noticed your thread.
Perhaps mine can be added to this by admin?

I've had the same experience! The P&P charges particularly for jewellery is a joke. I've brought rings from QVC and have been charged anywhere from £2.95 - £4.95 and they are always sent in the same box and cardboard envelope - so why the big difference in p&p! Seriously they need to sort it out.

I so often hear presenters on air say that in many cases, jewellery arrives much quicker than the 3-5 working days. Does it? Not in my experience. same goes for the award winning call centre, I sometimes call say my order is overdue and they say, is it? I say, when do you think it might arrive? Reply, Im not sure. Oh,, hence the thread 'on a wing and prayer, because it is, they dont know if its comingm when its coming, its a cse of keep fingers crossed and second guess.

Also I hear all the time on air that 'you can now track your order' On almost all my orders, it states, no tracking available on this item, so how can they state, on air, that orders can be tracked online!

Quite often it's 3-5 working days 'in process' before they even despatch it. :banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

'you can now track and trace your ordrers. Every single order of mines, with exception of 2 have all said 'no order tracking. Surely they cant say, 'you can now track your order online' how much percentage of orders do we think are traackable?

I ordered the Slanket at 10am on Tuesday and was charged £4.95 delivery. It arrived yesterday (Saturday) at 9am by Hermes courier.

Now on Wednesday at 7pm I ordered a pair of gents dress shoes for my son from Next and paid £3.99 delivery to have them turn up at 3pm on Thursday by the same Hermes courier!

That's the kind of service I have no issues over paying for.

I had shopped around a bit before ordering the Slanket and decided that even including the almost £5 p&p it was pretty much the best price I was going to get.

But with companies like Next offering such a good service, QVC need to rethink their p&p policy as us savvy shoppers always factor in these costs to the overall price!

Every time I've been to a customer event I've asked Q staff (buyers etc not presenters) asking why they don't pack multiple items in a single box and combine or cap the postages. The stock answer is that the design of the set up at the warehouse won't allow this and would be too difficult to change. I take the word "difficult" to mean "expensive"

I wish they'd spent less on the weird new studios and sets and invested in reorganising their logistics, keeping up with their competitors who have evolved in the last decade.

Jude xx

I ordered several items on the 22nd, none yet received. Iv just rang again and they say there is nothing to do as they cannot track any or the items as they are Royal Mail. I specifically wanted these for my holiday and Im off tommorrow night, Im hoping they come in the morning. Im fed up of orders taking so long.

What a cop out answer
Every time I've been to a customer event I've asked Q staff (buyers etc not presenters) asking why they don't pack multiple items in a single box and combine or cap the postages. The stock answer is that the design of the set up at the warehouse won't allow this and would be too difficult to change. I take the word "difficult" to mean "expensive"

I wish they'd spent less on the weird new studios and sets and invested in reorganising their logistics, keeping up with their competitors who have evolved in the last decade.

Jude xx

The delivery times are, for me, the worst aspect of qvc. I think twice now, if I can get it from Amazon or elsewhere and get it in half the time, then thats what I do. Also seems ridiculous this day and age that even customer care cannot trace packages.

With Burly's words about praise where it is due ringing in my ears, I would just like to say that I ordered a pair of the Honora TSV earrings on October 19 - as soon as Sazza mentioned them HERE on this very forum - and they arrived on Tuesday, October 23, before they had even been aired.

Oh, and I like them very much.

The delivery makes even less sense to me now.
Reading the reviews for last week's Honora TSV earrings, they are from all over the place. People in places as far apart as Cornwall, Northumberland have written comments after receiving their order, having ordered during the day (not early like you could) Meanwhile I still wait, even though I placed the order at launch & live within twenty miles of Liverpool. Bonkers!

Latest posts

Back