Debbie Flint - On Saturday Night Gifts.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Watch later in the second hour of Saturday Night Gifts we have Mick singing live again Debbie Flint states.

At 9pm it seems more like the performance he did earlier in the week to me.

:thinking:

I prefer satirday night gift with dale. Flint is so hard sell, that ****** wagging finger!!! Im also sick of all the music too, flogging cds, desperate and toe curlingly embarassing having Will sucking up ti Mick Hucknall, Yuck!

I caught the start of the TSV presentation of the laptop when she clearly said at the start to just order the PC.
Then went on say listen to the presentation and if after ten minutes you decide it isn't for you, then ring back CS to cancel your order.

I'm sure forum members have reported they have had great problems trying to cancel orders they have mistakenly made.

Last edited:
The woman is shameless. Trying to get her sales numbers up by telling customers to order then cancel?

Appalling. But no less than I expect.

Absoloutley. I have often ordered called back within minutes to either change colour or to cancel, only to be told the order was now progressing and unfortunatley unable to be cancelled by customer care. They then repeat of cours you have 30 days and can send it back to us, (incuring two lots of p&P) when a presenter says you can order and cancel in ten minutes if you change your mind!! obv they have not tried to do this personally.

She's defo had botox injections to her forehead...makes her look even more like a crazed automaton :talking:

I prefer satirday night gift with dale. Flint is so hard sell, that ****** wagging finger!!! Im also sick of all the music too, flogging cds, desperate and toe curlingly embarassing having Will sucking up ti Mick Hucknall, Yuck!

That is a pet hate of mine:headbang: and the way she speaks, a way of frenzy , the way she looks at the camera and the tone in which she urges sales an the wagging finger has a funny effect on me, the opposite effect she is seeking, I cannot explain the feeling ......I am not jesting, it makes me a kind of wanting to tell her to shut up and I just have to switch her off or switch channels:talking:
I did not mind her at first, but she really has got "sale mad". There I feel better now that I have spoken about it:whew:

I had to switch off, she's getting worse. She reminds me of the time share salespeople who get you in a. confined space and then start brainwashing. The other thing that she does ( and others have copied) that makes me yell at the screen is dividing a set up,and with a look and voice filled with awe and wonder, explaining how much it is per piece. I know I can count!!!

They are all guilty of hardsell in their own way,some disguise it behind sacharine smiles,some with steely glares . At the end of the day they are sales people who only care about a huge volume of stock being shifted.

We've really enjoyed the gift shows with Dale but as soon as I saw that this weeks' would be presented by Debbie, we didn't bother tuning in. Dale made it fun and entertaining whereas we knew Debbie would make it unbearable with the hard sell and push-push-push. I remember a show she was on a few months ago. She was behaving like those people you've seen on Watchdog in the past, the sort that get into a person's home and then scare them into buying crap they don't need and won't leave until they've made that sale. Mum found it so intimidating that she had to turn it off and has avoided her as much as possible since - she's not a stupid old woman but it actually made her ill to watch, although she can't explain exactly why. If nothing else, it shows that those sorts of sales tactics do not work. There's something scary and vaguely unsettling about her.

She has been working the rounds on various shopping channels for decades now, she spent most of her life selling, maybe now its all she csn do, its like second nature to her to wag the finger and urge people to order and maybe cancel later, Iv heard her say this a few times now and it seems very bizarre. Obv the producer is happy for her to say this, otherwise hed be in her ear saying no no.

funny isn't it, she's about the only one i can stand. probably cos she's the only one who talks about the product not me me me

She has been working the rounds on various shopping channels for decades now, she spent most of her life selling, maybe now its all she csn do, its like second nature to her to wag the finger and urge people to order and maybe cancel later, Iv heard her say this a few times now and it seems very bizarre. Obv the producer is happy for her to say this, otherwise hed be in her ear saying no no.

Would that have anything to do with the way they are paid? Possibly by sales they generate in the hours they cover - so if someone later cancelled (and you have 2 hours before its too late they have 'picked' the item) it might not affect their pay? Or possibly because she knows that some people won't bother to cancel and send it back if they 're that unhappy?

Debbie Flint is my least favourite presenter. She can be quite good at describing products and getting relevant info out of a guest. Also as Janie mentioned, she doesn't talk about herself all the time. Right, that's the positive. My main criticism of her is that she is so blimmin' hard sell that I find it impossible to watch her shows for long, even if it's a show I'm interested in. She fixes the camera with that steely glare and i can't decide whether she's trying to intimidate us or hypnotise us into buying! All that finger wagging and telling us to buy more than one gets on my nerves and I can feel myself getting more and more annoyed at all the sales tactics she shamelessly uses, until I give in and switch over. I often watch QVC for relaxation but not when DF is on air! We know you're just doing your job love, but tone it down a bit, eh?

That is a pet hate of mine:headbang: and the way she speaks, a way of frenzy , the way she looks at the camera and the tone in which she urges sales an the wagging finger has a funny effect on me, the opposite effect she is seeking, I cannot explain the feeling ......I am not jesting, it makes me a kind of wanting to tell her to shut up and I just have to switch her off or switch channels:talking:
I did not mind her at first, but she really has got "sale mad". There I feel better now that I have spoken about it:whew:
That's HER bringing the Q sales down!

I used to like her down to earth approach. She seems to have forgotten that and now comes across as desperate. Dreadful and genuinely does not make for pleasant viewing. Especially when her voice goes up and she does the finger wagging. So terribly dull to watch. So I don't any more!

I guess that the presenters now have sales figures they have to reach, its the only way to explain such a hard sell, seems odd coz the other channels never seem as bad as QVC yet QVc is the number 1 shopping channel so guess it must work, cant stand it myself

Debbie Flint is my least favourite presenter. She can be quite good at describing products and getting relevant info out of a guest. Also as Janie mentioned, she doesn't talk about herself all the time. Right, that's the positive. My main criticism of her is that she is so blimmin' hard sell that I find it impossible to watch her shows for long, even if it's a show I'm interested in. She fixes the camera with that steely glare and i can't decide whether she's trying to intimidate us or hypnotise us into buying! All that finger wagging and telling us to buy more than one gets on my nerves and I can feel myself getting more and more annoyed at all the sales tactics she shamelessly uses, until I give in and switch over. I often watch QVC for relaxation but not when DF is on air! We know you're just doing your job love, but tone it down a bit, eh?

ok, to say she's the only one i can stand is an exaggeration but she's my fav presenter by a mile. she's very intelligent and knows a lot about the products, like the way she was politely clearing up the mistake lee made with the tablet ports. didn't do it in a way to embarrass him but made sure the viewer got the correct info. most of the females would just let him ramble on while they checked themselves out. as well as not talking about herself all the time, she doesn't suck up to guests, beg for freebies or preen, primp and study herself in the monitor all the time. i actually think she has a very pleasant voice and demeanour and always ready to laugh.

julia for instance is also very well versed in what she's selling but she can't do it without all the eye rolling, face pulling, hair flicking, being extra small and generally 'it's all about me' attitude. as for the sucking up to people like simon wilson, it's so nauseating it's unbelievable.

She is so hard sell though, got her on now in the background can hear her saying 'dont you want it? arent you curious?wouldnt you like to try it'? Order one, in cat , get 2 split them up?' she cant let up with the manic selling

Latest posts

Back