instant results?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
On various beauty shows we are constantly being promised that using various products will give us instant results and a flawless complexion. Now maybe it's just me but this has never been the case and over the years I've been sucked into trying a lot!!!

Decleor and Elemis are the worst culprits but they're all at it. So my question is which, if any ,lotion or potion has given you instant results?

In a word none, although I must say that I use the so called high end products and there is no doubt for me at least that my skin looks significantly better then when I try a cheaper brand (I have tried this on and off and can definately see a difference, and so can others). But instant, no

On various beauty shows we are constantly being promised that using various products will give us instant results and a flawless complexion. Now maybe it's just me but this has never been the case and over the years I've been sucked into trying a lot!!!

Decleor and Elemis are the worst culprits but they're all at it. So my question is which, if any ,lotion or potion has given you instant results?

Elemis SOS calmed my inflamed folliculitis/acne ridden skin within minutes. Didn't shift it but it made it more comfortable. Hardly a condition that most people need help with though.

Decleor Prolagene Gel calms sun exposed skin overnight. It's the best after sun ever ... the most expensive too.

But those are exceptions. Lots of lotions and potions give you instant effects if you want your skin to "feel" smoother or softer. But instantly look better ... no not really.

Don't you just hate that? Decleor, Gatineau and Elemis are the most annoying with their exaggerated claims.
I suppose you could argue that if you had really dry/dehydrated skin then of course applying moisturiser/serums or something makes it look better, less dull and will now look moisturised again so your lines could look less wrinkly, maybe? Naturally it will feel better too if you moisturise parched skin, but in terms of real anti-ageing then I have to say nothing has genuine instant results!

Don't you just hate that? Decleor, Gatineau and Elemis are the most annoying with their exaggerated claims.
I suppose you could argue that if you had really dry/dehydrated skin then of course applying moisturiser/serums or something makes it look better, less dull and will now look moisturised again so your lines could look less wrinkly, maybe? Naturally it will feel better too if you moisturise parched skin, but in terms of real anti-ageing then I have to say nothing has genuine instant results!

I agree with this. The only instant result I ever have is when a product hydrates my skin. That's it. I've never bought anything that's made, for instance, the dark circles round my eyes go (which is my main area of concern, Alison) either from QVC or the dreaded high street, regardless of expense or inexpensiveness.

Now I'm at a stage where acne is making it impossible for me to stick to anything other than a very simple routine, my skin is no worse off for it, either...

Decleor gives me migraines. Gatineau is too strong for my very sensitive skin. PCMC suits me fine but other Elemis products irritate, especially their eye range and the gentle rose exfoliator is a serious no no. They are not preaching to regular product users because we know its cods to have instant results. They are preaching to people who are skincare non-users who would see some improvement with lard for a moisturising effect!

I did find No7 protect and perfect day and night and also Nivea Q10 day and night worked for expression lines on my forehead, but that is over time, not instantly. Whereas Hydrafloral for example made no difference whatsoever. I do like my LE C&P and Moisturiser, doesnt give instant results, but have found less open pores/blackheads and just better looking skin. My skin isnt great as in its not flawless and glass like, i have uneven tone and colour and open pores on t-zone, which i have to accept that wont really end up being magic'd away by face cream! You just have to make the best of what you have.
I do like Elemis exotic cream moisture mask - layer it a million times and sleep in it - no magic results as such but like that it gives me soft skin more than Hydrafloral mask does.

I agree with this. The only instant result I ever have is when a product hydrates my skin. That's it. I've never bought anything that's made, for instance, the dark circles round my eyes go (which is my main area of concern, Alison) either from QVC or the dreaded high street, regardless of expense or inexpensiveness.

Now I'm at a stage where acne is making it impossible for me to stick to anything other than a very simple routine, my skin is no worse off for it, either...

The dreaded dark circles,they are one of my main concerns. I remember a few years ago AY claiming the Alpha H eye cream literally made the dark circles roll off. I rushed to order,cue screams of "mine haven't rolled of." can't believe I fell for it. Oh well we live and learn.

Emma Hardie night cream and am/pm cream give me a very healthy and plumped skin in the morning but better still the Strivectin Concentrate for stretch marks - skin just keeps on improving in its quality and it also gives skin some strength to heal itself.
And the best eye cream for dark circles is Strivectin eye cream - I saw results within a week and I was shocked since I didn't realise that is what it claimed (I didn't read on the little tube- it was a 7 ml sample in a set ). As for puffy eye bags I find the best Emma Hardie eye serum. I also rushed for Alpha-H eye serum and had no results with it at all although like the brand but have since moved on.

Last edited:
As claims go that really was one of herl most outrageous loveinamist

Last edited:
think the LE eye cream that is white is the best one ive used, but tbh i dont bother anymore. Fake tan works for me!

Sorry, I think I'm missing something. What was her most outrageous, Alpha-H?
Liz Earle eye cream is very good, I used three bottles until I moved on, but EH is better for eye bags and St-n is for dark circles, they literally fade.

Last edited:
Sorry, I think I'm missing something. What was her most outrageous, Alpha-H?
Liz Earle eye cream is very good, I used three bottles until I moved on, but EH is better for eye bags and St-n is for dark circles, they literally fade.

She claimed the Alph H eye cream made your dark circles peel off

She claimed the Alph H eye cream made your dark circles peel off
Oh yes she did, but even more so AY, she said that HER dark circles peel off, mine definitely didn't.
And for the eye bags, not drinking liquids in the evening does help.

Last edited:
I agree that tackling hydration is the thing that shows instant results and my first experience of that was with SBC collagen gel on my throat and further South, and that is fairly cheap to buy - I also rate their serum.
The one product recently that had made me look twice in the mirror is using Gatineau Melatogenine Refreshing Cleansing Cream. I didn't know what product was making the difference and what it was doing until I tried a process of elimination, but for me it does something to pore size and general smooth appearance of my skin. The Elemis Pro Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment serum also does something for tired appearance (not sure what as I don't do science) but I can see a difference when I look in the mirror. Tri Enzyme does make a difference (when I bother to use it) but then that is effectively exposing a newer layer of skin so it logically would look newer/fresher.
But that is 4 products from the many I have bought over the years - others I use because they are a delight to use and make my skin feel nice.

Love it "further south" how very polite:happy:
I agree that tackling hydration is the thing that shows instant results and my first experience of that was with SBC collagen gel on my throat and further South, and that is fairly cheap to buy - I also rate their serum.
The one product recently that had made me look twice in the mirror is using Gatineau Melatogenine Refreshing Cleansing Cream. I didn't know what product was making the difference and what it was doing until I tried a process of elimination, but for me it does something to pore size and general smooth appearance of my skin. The Elemis Pro Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment serum also does something for tired appearance (not sure what as I don't do science) but I can see a difference when I look in the mirror. Tri Enzyme does make a difference (when I bother to use it) but then that is effectively exposing a newer layer of skin so it logically would look newer/fresher.
But that is 4 products from the many I have bought over the years - others I use because they are a delight to use and make my skin feel nice.

Latest posts

Back