Things we like

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
about presenters who take a lot of stick. I just read your latest post on Graham's woes BB and I've been thinking for a while that we should try and take a more positive view about certain things. It may be challenging but here's a start:

JF - I think her hair colour is spot on - just right for her.
CB- has very nice hands
JR- is a very good presenter
CS-has amazing hair
CH-never 'in yer face'
AY- really does know a lot
AD-improved herself no end

pippa. fun and bubbly
Kathy. down to earth and seems genuinely nice
Julia. knowledgeable about products
Debbie G. always looks lovely
Jill. I just like her
AY. good sense of humour
Charlie. easy on the eye
carmel. improved a lot

JF- I think I would like to chat to her about beauty products
Julia- Fabulous presenter and I LIKE THE TOE POSTS! She 's got me wearing them now!
CH - my favourite presenter after Julia. I love her calm manner, honesty and can relate to her as she is my age. Admire her as a working single mum. Loved watching her "corpse" (is that the actors term) on air a couple of weeks ago when she got an attack of the giggles, I believe when on with Carmel.
Carmel- another one I like as I feel I can relate to her. Good on her for rising above the stick she gets. Constantly improving. I like the baby talk as itmakes me smile.
Anna- I love the fact that she has such a wide articulate vocabulary.

I am a bit stuck with this one as I don't really dislike any of them. There are a couple I wouldn't choose as friends...but luckily I don't have to!!

Ok, I'll give it a go :D

Julia and Alison Young - my joint favourites! Julia is professional and doesn't talk about herself half as much as some of the others. She doesn't gush over products or guest presenters. Actually, the same goes for Ali. They are both 'themselves' and don't mind taking the mick out of themselves and those they know well. They also don't give a toss what anyone thinks. They are probably the most like me, and that's probably why they are my faves - he he!!

Pipa I like because she's also quite down to earth and not gushy either. Love her hair.

Catherine I also like but for different reasons to the above. She is quite honest and I find her very soothing.

Caramel - she seems genuinely sweet.

Anna - I too like her intellect and the fact that she's not afraid to show it, even if it is out of place and completely unappreciated on shopping tv.

Anne D - I think she's a good laugh and a great sport.

Debbie Flint - she's also quite down to earth and friendly.

Jill Franks - she makes me laugh and I think she'd be a really good friend - the dizzy one!!

Kathy Taylor - seems genuinely lovely and caring.

Julian - nice guy to go for a pint with!

Charlie - think he is quite funny and naughty in real life!

Simon - after that shower video - nice body ;)

Micael - seems very genuine.

Dale - like a favourite uncle!

Jilly - again seems really genuine and, to be honest, a bit out of place on shopping tv!

Claire - lovely woman, lovely hair!

As far as I can tell I have missed one female and one male off the list. This is because I am really struggling to find a redeeming quality!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Youve done well there

I am a bit stuck with this one as I don't really dislike any of them. There are a couple I wouldn't choose as friends...but luckily I don't have to!!

Ok, I'll give it a go :D

Julia and Alison Young - my joint favourites! Julia is professional and doesn't talk about herself half as much as some of the others. She doesn't gush over products or guest presenters. Actually, the same goes for Ali. They are both 'themselves' and don't mind taking the mick out of themselves and those they know well. They also don't give a toss what anyone thinks. They are probably the most like me, and that's probably why they are my faves - he he!!

Pipa I like because she's also quite down to earth and not gushy either. Love her hair.

Catherine I also like but for different reasons to the above. She is quite honest and I find her very soothing.

Caramel - she seems genuinely sweet.

Anna - I too like her intellect and the fact that she's not afraid to show it, even if it is out of place and completely unappreciated on shopping tv.

Anne D - I think she's a good laugh and a great sport.

Debbie Flint - she's also quite down to earth and friendly.

Jill Franks - she makes me laugh and I think she'd be a really good friend - the dizzy one!!

Kathy Taylor - seems genuinely lovely and caring.

Julian - nice guy to go for a pint with!

Charlie - think he is quite funny and naughty in real life!

Simon - after that shower video - nice body ;)

Micael - seems very genuine.

Dale - like a favourite uncle!

Jilly - again seems really genuine and, to be honest, a bit out of place on shopping tv!

Claire - lovely woman, lovely hair!

As far as I can tell I have missed one female and one male off the list. This is because I am really struggling to find a redeeming quality!!

They are probably all nice genuine people if you meet them. Ok we might get a bit annoyed with their presenter style or fluff but their just doing a job. I know Julia takes a lot of stick, but she is very professional and to have been around so long shows how good she must be.

I guess if you're female (or male I guess) Dale is a shout for the 'housewives favourite'.

For me as a male Catherine's a looker, lovely figure and needs a good bloke :)

I quite like Nicholas Parsons - very at ease on the camera and the blue blazer, yellow tie and grey slacks never dates. Also Benedict Cumberbatch, his smooth manner had me tapping for last nights tsv in no time. Wonderful description and product knowledge.

Though having said that is Julie Goodyear really up to date on Northern Nights products? Her knowledge of tog ratings left a lot to be desired.

All in all though I'm a big fan of Dubliodumbdubblebub.

Oh I forgot Alison Keenan!!! She wasn't one I meant to leave off. Alison is again a pro and a very lovely person. Another who would make a good friend.

Now, am I missing anyone else apart from DG and CR?! :cool:

Pipa - she seems very genuine and I don't feel pressured into buying something when she's on, she's like an old friend
Jilly - she seems friendly and doesn't take herself too seriously
kathy - she's very natural
Debbie G - always looks lovely on air
Debbie F - I reckon she's a bundle of fun to go out with
Will - he's got a good sense of humour
Alison - she knows what she's talking about and I love the contrast of groomed Ali with the Ali mucking out horses
Claire - she makes me laugh
Alison K - lovely lady
Julia - she's professional plus I'm envious I wish I could get into a size 10 :thinking:

Pipa- very upper class, but seems genuine person who wouldnt mind too much about a bit of dust on her piano! plus I reckon she is a super fun mum
Jilly - Like the way she treats being on tv on qvc like having a part time little cleaning job
Kathy - She is very unassuming, she is the opposite of many of the other women on the channel.
Debbie Greenwood - always liked her, quite genuine, loves chocolate isnt bothered about the cameras, natural.
Debbie F - Come on think of something - well I like her red hair, also I find her very attractive, lovely green eyes, terrific figure physically I lik her, but on the insides her character not so much, too pushy by far, but just dont like her as a tv presenter
Claire - a great mum and wife, I reckon
Dale - a gentleman
Will - cute, kissable
Charlie - erm, he has smooth skin
Alison Y - doesnt lead a tv life off air, gets up and does the horses etc
Anna - beautiful, very clever and deep, girlfriend material
Carmel - I dont like her
Simon - probably a gentleman but not as much of a gent as dale, who is a true gent
Miceal - hes cute
Julia - experienced as a shopping host
Catherine - lovely voice, doesnt assume we all have pots of money
I also like many of the qvc models too, especially Goody and Beth.

Last edited:
Here goes with my first ever contribution.
I love Dale, find Charlie too slick, Anne D gets on my nerves - sorry, claire - very dippy, julia - professional but I hate her sandals and those awful legging things she wears constantly, debbie G - lovely, kathy T - lovely, alison Y - sorry but just cant take to her, alison K - i remember her on Radio Shropshire with her then hubby - lovely, julian - down to earth,sharon, model - she grins far too much very smug and false looking, goody - lovely,

Favourite of all - Debbie F especially when she is on Kipling shows..
Catherine looks very high maintenance!!!!!

JR for info
AK for sense of humour
KT for just being lovely
CS for enthusiasm
CH for calmness
CB for being the only male on my list, like CH, for calmness, don't feel exhausted listening to him

I will list my likes and dislikes.

Alison K..........Always appears well groomed. I know she has gone through a lot recently, and I am proud of her. Having said that, Alison, do take a breath in between sentences :headbang:

Alison Young.....I like Alison, she does not spend time talking about her personal life a lot, she knows about the products she is presenting.
I think she is quite kind underneath all that stern shell she projects. I rather like having people like her around me, I will know where I stand. Like what Caparossi said, "she does not gush over products or guest....."
She takes samples off the presenters if she wants, none of this, " I ran out of " lark.
Once an ex model of QVC was a guest for a facial muscle toner,(the one that gives your facial muscle a tic )but it was obvious that she was exaggerating the movements:giggle: and Alison told her on air not to :eek:
Who else will or be so frank as that and get away with it? And there is this thing about her smacking guests, but I think it is all a carry on from their off air behaviour and she forgets that she is on air.
I do not like her screechy voice, I think she can do something about it :thinking: Our Queen used to have a whining voice when she was young, she has that sorted, maybe our Alison can see a speech therapist. I also don't like Alison talking "over" the guests.

Anna........I don't mind her.... all that twitching of her facial muscles is going to end up as wrinkles later.

Ann D.......I like her frankness, once she really said things about their management, things she shouldn't, I thought she had a tipple:drunk: that time. I used to feel embarrassed for her quite a lot in the past, it looks as if she has got things under control now:happy.

Catherine.......she is very open about herself, I like that. Don't like her sucking up to people like the two Lulus, that is sickly:puke:

Carmel..........I don't mind her, she does go on about her personal things like wedding, honey moon and now her baby, I don't mind her talking about her baby, after all, it is her first pregnancy, and most women like a bit of pampering and fuss at this time, so, I don't grudge her that. I feel very protective towards pregnant women, so I don't see her faults, if she has any:happy:

Charlie..........I don't mind him, he is like an indulgent brother, whose knuckles need rapping sometimes, especially when he is stuffing himself with anything edible in the studio.He is a clever one for cadging samples and pressies

Claire ......I am OK with her, as long as she tones down her" baby" voice. She has some lovely hair.

Craig..........he used to make me cringe on the "other shopping channel" with his fawning and saccharine attitude but I don't mind him now, maybe is a little "show off "

Dale......... I like him looking smart when he is on air. I don't like his smarminess and gushing with some guests:puke:
I strongly dislike his fake " I don't think we have the correct price detail on the screen" lark.

Debbie Flint.........She dresses smartly most of the time. I dislike her hard sell , her "sale talk frenzy" and her wagging fingers. She, like Dale has the " oh, my goodness , is that the price? I don't believe it, if I were you, I will buy one of each colour" or " get one for friends......one for....." kind of stupid sale prattle.

Debbie Greenwood.........I have nothing nice or positive to say, I sorry. I think she should not be on a shopping telly. She is an embarrassing glutton on food presentations and I cannot stand her, " erm....ermm"

Jackson.........How did he ever get the job:thinking: He has managed to make some money for himself by flogging his "grow" stuff.

Jill F..........I think she fancies herself too much, she thinks that she is above the likes of QVC customers. Yet, she is fawning people like both the Lulus, Barrowman, Simon from B and W.or any man guest! One or two on here think that she is vulnerable, I don't, I think she is a sharp and gets what she wants.
I would like her to control scratching her head whilst being on the air. I don't approve of her chatting away about her personal life when she should be telling us about the products and she forgets or has no time to give us sizes etc.
She forgets about us the customers ... who wants to hear about her social life... we want to hear about the product.

Jilly,........ I think she is nice and mumsy.... let her have her long hair if she wants, it is her personal choice, as long as she adapts it to look smart.

Julia ......is my favourite presenter for her professional approach and her knowledge and her expertise in putting new guests at ease, no one can do that better than Julia.
I think with the amount of choice on QVC, she can choose and dress better at times.....I wonder if sometimes she listens to the wrong advice(false flatter) in the dressing room, from people who try to please her.

Kathy ...........I like her, I think she is genuine also. A piece of advice , Kathy, please remember to sit like a lady when you are wearing short skirts dresses:blush:

Micael..........he is ok, very enthusiastic and genuine.

Pipa..........she is fun:happy: Pippa, please stop or control your screeches :cheeky:

Simon - I don't mind him so much now that he uses more of his top buttons. He is another one to feign surprise at the prices on the board and has "to check to see if the price is correct":yawn::yawn:

Will..........What is his job really? I like him, but other than carrying the i-pad and tweeting, what does he do:thinking:

Simple......I like it when I've managed to get through the week and found that I haven't been brainwashed into buying that "miracle" skin/beauty product, the "must-have" household gadget or that "on-trend" fashion item even though I could probably dress it up or down! :wink:

Latest posts

Back