Sorry But What Has Fiona Got......?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Either a mobile phone on vibrate in her pocket or a bee in her bonnet?

Cause we here, keep hearing in response to a presenter comment a sound of "mmmmm" all the time.

:thinking:

Yes, this has been commented on in an older thread. Something along the lines of sounding like a cow mooing!

I do think Fiona should "up" her game on grooming when appearing on tv to represent one of the biggest names in beauty.

Alll the years I have been watching, she always appears to have greasy hair, unless her hair products make it look like that. In any event I dont think she is a particularly good advert for the product, and neither are one or two of the other beauty presenters either. I may be old fashioned, BUT I would like to see clean glossy hair and freshly made up faces when these people are persuading me to spend my money.

Off piste a bit here, but I feel the same way about cabin crew/trolly dollies/air hostesses / flight attendants. As a frequent flyer to Europe the standard of dress and grooming leaves much to be desired from what is used to be many many many years ago, but then, the dress code of the passengers does make every flight look like a "tramp special" so what else can we expect. Sorry, but I think the pendulum for comfy casual dressing has swung too far one way to become slovenly, and we are past the point of no return for 'standards' to make a comeback.

I do think Fiona should "up" her game on grooming when appearing on tv to represent one of the biggest names in beauty.

Alll the years I have been watching, she always appears to have greasy hair, unless her hair products make it look like that. In any event I dont think she is a particularly good advert for the product, and neither are one or two of the other beauty presenters either. I may be old fashioned, BUT I would like to see clean glossy hair and freshly made up faces when these people are persuading me to spend my money.

Off piste a bit here, but I feel the same way about cabin crew/trolly dollies/air hostesses / flight attendants. As a frequent flyer to Europe the standard of dress and grooming leaves much to be desired from what is used to be many many many years ago, but then, the dress code of the passengers does make every flight look like a "tramp special" so what else can we expect. Sorry, but I think the pendulum for comfy casual dressing has swung too far one way to become slovenly, and we are past the point of no return for 'standards' to make a comeback.

I think we can thank low cost airlines for the standards for crew plummeting. FlyBe spring to mind in particular, where a bobbly old fleece and ID badges on a tatty lanyard seem to be order of the day. Interestingly, EasyJet who started the whole thing off are now very smartly dressed. I've been flying a lot with TAP Portugal over the last couple of years and again, the standard is high there. Shame they don't smile a bit more, but hen the Portuguese aren't known for thir affability.

As or Fiona, the mooing is ridiculous. Silly cow.

I agree about the standards of dress. Where I work they encourage more casual dressing, but not to the extent of jeans. I still come in wearing my dresses and smart trousers and fitted shirts. And heels absolutely every day!!! Apart from feeling like a slob, I could not in all seriousness visit a client or especially provide training dressed like I was doing the supermarket shop!!!

BRING BACK GLAMOUR!!!! :cool:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hasn’t anyone noticed??? Fiona did up her game and now wares something in her hair bun that looks like a propeller now.

I'm supposed to dress according to a 'smart casual' dress code at work - well, when they pay me enough to afford a separate work wardrobe I'd be happy to oblige but they don't, and my normal lifestyle is a jeans and jumper one. My managers wear jeans, smart top and cardigan as well.

As for flights, I am flying to and fro to Europe too much to want to give up comfort but I have to say I vividly remember landing in Dublin on a freezing cold January morning a couple of years ago and being surrounded by people in tank tops and pyjama bottoms at the bus stop. Now that is not only a step to far, it's also really stupid. I love my comfy trousers, but they are sofa only!

I thought how noticeable when she was on with Laura yesterday the difference between the two of them.. Laura outshines & outclasses Fiona. WHY Decleor keep Fiona as their representative to appear on QVC beats me.:headbang: Moos like a cow all the time, has two words in her vocabulary, AMMAAAZING & ABBSSSSOOOOLUTELY, looks unkempt & untidy. Her hair is awful & always looks to me like its in need of a good wash & her uniform fits where it touches as my dear old Nan used to say. Laura is well groomed, looks the part & is interesting to listen to.

Last edited:
Oh come on, be fair - she uses Phenomenal and Renowned in the Industry too!! Gatineau's Michaela always looks like she's made an effort. Fiona did have nail varnish on, she's getting there!

The mooing doesn't bother me too much, but the "phenomenal" and "REKNOWNED in the industry" get on my pip! Also the way she always says "Ohhhhhhhhhh" every time a new product is introduced.
Presenter: "And now we're moving onto the Hydra Floral Moisturiser."
Fiona: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh......."
Presenter: "Next up, we have the Hydrotenseur Eye Serum."
Fiona: "Ohhhhhhhhh..........."
EVERY ****** PRODUCT!!!!!

what puts me off is whilst she's spouting all this annoying twoddle, they cut to Tania who has bright red skin.

But then there's those who dress smart but there's way too much (wonderbra type) clevage on display, that seems to be the acceptable norm now but would previousy have been considered a bit of a 'common' look

I dress smartly when flying, in the eternal hope that I'll be deemed suitable for an upgrade. Alas no luck so far (35 years of flying) so I might have to reconsider my "look".

Linda xx

No Linda, you keep looking smart - the only thing I worry about when flying with the cattle in cattle class, is the state of the upholstery on the seats, so I never wear anything light coloured. Enough said.

As for the "common" look that Apple referred to - I was at a wedding last Saturday, and for the life of me it could have been a "Tarts Convention" !! Thigh high skin tight dresses worn with sky high unwalkable shoes, hairstyles that had never seen a hairbrush, and an abundance of ladies who tried to squeeze into frocks 2 sizes smaller than they were.

Do people NEVER look in a mirror before they leave the house anymore ? Years ago, we squeezed ourselves into roll-ons, girdles and all-in-ones to 'smooth' out the rolls of flab, but not anymore it seems, sorry but there is a whole generation of women who aren't bothered how they look when they go out. Thus Fiona bursting at the seams in her uniform - buy a girdle, lose weight or get a size larger outfit girl !

Oh brissles you're so right about the way people dress.. what happened to dressing to suit your figure and not just squeezing into the latest fashion like an overstuffed. sausage.

Latest posts

Back