Acer A500 tablet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I couldn't watch live TV yesterday, but on the website I saw this tablet at just under £350.

Today it is about £110 more at about £462 !!

I rang CS, apparently it was a special price just for an hour, but this was not mentioned on the website.

At £350 for a 64GB (with an expansion slot, HDMI and USB) it seemed much better value than the ipad, but this doesn't apply today.

CS wouldn't let me buy it at the lower price, so another sale lost.

PS if they could sell it at that price yesterday, why not today?

BTW it has an obsolete version of Android.

I couldn't watch live TV yesterday, but on the website I saw this tablet at just under £350.

Today it is about £110 more at about £462 !!

I rang CS, apparently it was a special price just for an hour, but this was not mentioned on the website.

At £350 for a 64GB (with an expansion slot, HDMI and USB) it seemed much better value than the ipad, but this doesn't apply today.

CS wouldn't let me buy it at the lower price, so another sale lost.

PS if they could sell it at that price yesterday, why not today?

BTW it has an obsolete version of Android.

well it was a christmas surprise so the price was only for that hour on air and it was only like at that special price for the hour as after the hour had finished it went straight back up

Having android 3.0 Honeycomb for that price its not much of a bargain no idea if u would get the update or not thou to 4.0

Think its time they were putting it on the website that OTO or special prices are only available for a certain
time because I reckon a lot of people now will not be watching live but browsing through the website or app
and not realise that they have to buy within a certain time

I often browse websites and go back later to buy something,
and you expect the price to be the same all day!

They knocked far more money off this than the actual TSV!

As you say, the website never shows that the price is for a limited time, I think it was a "surprise price" when I saw it but I expected it to last until the next day when I had the opportunity to do some shopping around and compare with the ipad.

There is a very good 17 minute video comparison of this pad with the ipad on Youtube, and based on this, I would have bought it, had the price not gone up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0vqfoUT5U

I have a 160GB ipod. It was such a palaver trying to get my 5000 music tracks onto it. Apple want to take over the world, so I had to do it via itunes, which then tried to take over my PC. I took weeks rearranging the organisation of my music, to suit the ipod, to the detriment of my other music players. I've never managed to put a video onto it, after years of trying.

The ipad has no USB connectivity, so once again you are ruled by Apple and itunes about what and how you can put onto it. If it had built-in USB and HDMI, I would have bought one years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back