Emu TSV 06/11/2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£66.46 from amazon in chestnut size uk 6 if anyone interested would rather buy the ugg bailey for fit and comfort though

Thank you very much Clare and boffy. Is it true that I need to buy a size down?

Thank you very much Clare and boffy. Is it true that I need to buy a size down?

i do with emu but i size up with ugg as the fit is much neater and i dont want to make a hole in my boots with my big toe lol

I still poke my toe through the bliddy things no matter what size I buy. :confused:
My big toes also make holes through the fabric/leather of shoes. I have to darn the netting on the big toe area on my expensive Asic trainers after 3 months. Tried to get the suppliers to take them back for both pairs but apparently some people have toes that make holes in shoes. I remember reading that a woman used to tap a 10p coin in her son's shoes to strengthen them where his big toe is wrecking the shoes.

I buy boots from a site called Kiwi Sheepskins. They`re in NZ but all prices quoted include p and p plus prepaid tax and import charges. They do sheepskin boots with extra tough soles and reinforced toes and they`re brilliant. Mine have seen me through the hardest of Winters and they don`t seem to go baggy or lose their shape. To order from them you actually measure your foot by placing it on a piece of paper, draw a pencil line at the end of your big toe and another at the back of your heel then measure the distance between them and order accordingly.

A word of advice for the toe-poking-a-hole-through-th-shoe brigade: make sure your toenails are cut short and straight across (and nicely emery-boarded to get rid of the sharp corners and smooth the edges). I'm not being cheeky, but two people I know have this problem, and both of them wear their toenails too long - coincidence? (They always poke holes in their socks as well, so go figure... ). Whereas, I, who keep my toenails short, don't have this problem. Just a thought.

I buy boots from a site called Kiwi Sheepskins. They`re in NZ but all prices quoted include p and p plus prepaid tax and import charges. They do sheepskin boots with extra tough soles and reinforced toes and they`re brilliant. Mine have seen me through the hardest of Winters and they don`t seem to go baggy or lose their shape. To order from them you actually measure your foot by placing it on a piece of paper, draw a pencil line at the end of your big toe and another at the back of your heel then measure the distance between them and order accordingly.

Ditto and there's a 10% off which finishes tomorrow. Code is October Promo

boffy, I don’t really understand DSR. If it’s not too much trouble, please could you tell what I need to do? Thank you.

A word of advice for the toe-poking-a-hole-through-th-shoe brigade: make sure your toenails are cut short and straight across (and nicely emery-boarded to get rid of the sharp corners and smooth the edges). I'm not being cheeky, but two people I know have this problem, and both of them wear their toenails too long - coincidence? (They always poke holes in their socks as well, so go figure... ). Whereas, I, who keep my toenails short, don't have this problem. Just a thought.

thanks MarieC but unfortunately not the solution for me. I keep my toenails short. I think the problem with the big toes making holes on the top of my shoes is to do with the way I walk/run. Certainly the sports shop that I attempted to return the £120 less than 3 month old Asics to just said it was a common problem. As I love asics as these are my second pair (same thing happened to the first pair) I darn them as they are mesh where the big toe has made a hole.

Generally my other shoes just end up with a bump where the big toe is and have done for as long as I can remember.

Interesting trailer by QVC showing how the EMUs are handmade with such LovingCare by older craftsmen. They are made in China! according to Google.

Latest posts

Back