Michele's New Glamorous Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
One of the items from her new collection. Would we feel glamorous wearing this?:-

1597.jpeg

Same old, same old. I think she gets her fabrics from the same supplier as the Camouflage Company.

I think my mother-in-law would wear this but at 97 she doesn't really go to very many "glamorous" events....

Who buys this cr*p? Someone must do as MH has been around for years, but who and where are they? I've never met anyone wearing MH "fashion".

I was hoping for something a bit different, not this hideous print that wasn't fashionable in whatever decade it was first produced, probably by the shedload considering how much of it MH is trying to flog!

Lets get this straight. I'm getting pretty hacked off at being categorised as the more 'mature' woman, which in everyone's minds eye, conjures up the weekly helmet hair set, elasticated waists, knee length pleated skirts, wide fitting sensible shoes, and cardigans from Deans (they always advertise in magazines) Recognise her ? so now they are trying to pretty her up in what they class as 'glamorous' ie Michelle Hope.

I am 64
I danced around my handbag in the 60's wearing a minidress, (apart from legs, nothing else was on display)
I did not want to dress as my mother did then, and I certainly dont want to do that NOW !
I have shoulder length hair (And have been told I look 10 years younger, Caci is my saviour) and actually have a couple of prom dresses in my wardrobe.

When the time comes for me to be deposited into a Home and I'm past caring, then ok, maybe Michelle Hope will do when I dribble my dinner, but I don't want to be serenaded with Vera Lynn, thank you very much, it will be the Hollies, Manfred Mann and the Beatles !!!!!

Until then, 64 is 46 as far as I'm concerned, and another thought, imagine Twiggy wearing fashion for the more mature woman, or wearing Michelle Hope for that matter ? NOPE she wouldn't and neither do I.

my sister and I have a pact, the first one of us to start wearing calf length pleated skirts with a light beige anorak accessorised with a pair a velcro fastening flat shoes will be shot by the other one.

As for Michele Hope, there is the most horrifying stall on our local indoor market that must be an homage to her, it is stocked with very similar creations, doubt they are as expensive as Q. so if you are ever tempted, you know where to go!!!

Whilst her designs are nothing I would wear (other than a plain black swirly hemskirt bought from outlet for 99p, which I keep "just in case" an occasion should arise where a skirt is needed), my real problem is the way she presents herself. :thinking:

The over processed, over long hair, together with the old fashioned, ageing make up and pointy talons just do not inspire me to take anything she says seriously.
I get the impression that she is stuck in some kind of time warp, even down to the fact that she calles her clothes "garments"
She needs to get a bit more "with it"

Then again, maybe it's just a persona she adapts, to appeal to her target audience. Who knows, it's possibe that when the shows are over, she throws of the wig, revealing a "Pipa style" hair do, scrubs off the face and flounces out of the building dressed head to toe in Yong Kim......:rock:

I'm 56 now and wondering which birthday it is that you wake up and get rid of your whole wardrobe and go to M&S to buy the Classic range of trousers with elasticated back waist and the little gold coloured embellishment at the front, worn just above ankle length with socks and black, flat, velcro fastened shoes together with a crew neck jumper and his and hers fleeces. I think I will have to end it all at that point before I am compelled to buy anything by Michele Hope.

Lets get this straight. I'm getting pretty hacked off at being categorised as the more 'mature' woman, which in everyone's minds eye, conjures up the weekly helmet hair set, elasticated waists, knee length pleated skirts, wide fitting sensible shoes, and cardigans from Deans (they always advertise in magazines) Recognise her ? so now they are trying to pretty her up in what they class as 'glamorous' ie Michelle Hope.

I am 64
I danced around my handbag in the 60's wearing a minidress, (apart from legs, nothing else was on display)
I did not want to dress as my mother did then, and I certainly dont want to do that NOW !
I have shoulder length hair (And have been told I look 10 years younger, Caci is my saviour) and actually have a couple of prom dresses in my wardrobe.

When the time comes for me to be deposited into a Home and I'm past caring, then ok, maybe Michelle Hope will do when I dribble my dinner, but I don't want to be serenaded with Vera Lynn, thank you very much, it will be the Hollies, Manfred Mann and the Beatles !!!!!

Until then, 64 is 46 as far as I'm concerned, and another thought, imagine Twiggy wearing fashion for the more mature woman, or wearing Michelle Hope for that matter ? NOPE she wouldn't and neither do I.

Slightly off thread but I noticed you mentioned Caci - I've never heard of it and so googled it to find out what it was - sounds interesting, how often do you need it doing?. I did notice that the model on the "treatments" page was Amanda the QVC model!! They get about these models don't they!

About 8 years ago I signed up for a course of 8 /10 treatments - which in the beginning are undertaken over the course of about 2 weeks. After that its a monthly maintenance of about an hour. I would not have kept this up for so long had I not seen beneficial results, and its something I'll never regret doing. Creams, potions and lotions are fine for the under 35's who have no age issues, but short of going under the knife, I have found that Caci puts 'life' back into facial muscles that have slackend over the years. QVC have sold hand held and handsfree home versions of this system, and I have bought one, but its all a bit of a faff, and I would rather pay someone to do it with the industrial equipment while relaxing on a couch !!!!

There again, its like the only way to lose weight is not to eat, lifestyle has an impact on your face - smoking, drinking, and sun damage can etch deep facial lines that even Caci would be hard pressed to eradicate, but it works for me, and is my one luxury that would be at the bottom of the list to go !

Also, just been looking more on the Caci website, it has Dr Perricone endorsing its effectiveness - Hum! What does that say about his creams and potions then :confused:

I only know one person who has Caci treatments and I can see the difference it makes to her skin. She goes for a monthly maintenance session now and it plumps up and freshens her skin in a very youthful way - she says most of her close friends can tell when she's been for "her fix".

She doesn't use expensive moisturisers BUT has been using something - even Ponds Cold Cream - ever since her teenage years. She cleanses her face with Linda Lusardi's hot-cloth type product (IW, I think).

She's got a stressful, high powered City job, a busy family and social life and is 55 but could pass for at least 10 years younger.

Wouldn't that make a good title for a tv programme!!

I only know one person who has Caci treatments and I can see the difference it makes to her skin. She goes for a monthly maintenance session now and it plumps up and freshens her skin in a very youthful way - she says most of her close friends can tell when she's been for "her fix".

She doesn't use expensive moisturisers BUT has been using something - even Ponds Cold Cream - ever since her teenage years. She cleanses her face with Linda Lusardi's hot-cloth type product (IW, I think).

She's got a stressful, high powered City job, a busy family and social life and is 55 but could pass for at least 10 years younger.

Wouldn't that make a good title for a tv programme!!

Maybe we should ditch all the expensive creams then and spend our money on a Caci treatment instead!

The outlay initially for the first course of 10 is expensive, but all I can say from myself and the other endorsement above, is, you wont be disappointed. This is not a case of the Emperors New Clothes, - and I'm the biggest sceptic around, but I wouldn't be forking out my hard earned cash once a month if I wasn't seeing any results !!!!!

One of the items from her new collection. Would we feel glamorous wearing this?:-

1597.jpeg

Same old, same old. I think she gets her fabrics from the same supplier as the Camouflage Company.

And Cath Kidston! I can't see the appeal of that range either, but each to their own I guess.

I'm 74 and wouldn't even wear Michele Hope 'garments'. I will admit to having some Kim & Co. but they are subtle colours - not in yer face patterns. My legs(or rather my knees) aren't as good as they used to be so maxi skirts are a god send and also I find that most of the short dresses are just too short for me - I am only 5'4".

Latest posts

Back