Ice Cream Maker Help Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mrswebber

Registered Shopper
So, I've done my research and know what Panasonic bread maker to go for but now am wanting an ice cream maker for mums Christmas too.
Much as I'd love to get her one that freezes, I can't afford it so was wondering if any of you can recommend a reasonable priced one that works relatively well. I'm only getting her it as she's got a bee in her bonnet about having one. I think it'll be a novelty for a few weeks then get the heave so don't want to spend a great deal on it.
Also wondered if the ice cream is nice out of them?

Thanks in advance xx

Good morning Mrs W. I too would like one as OH adores ice cream and much as I like making it the old fashioned way it is very time consuming - so I've done a bit of research.

Ultimately, it seems the only ones that work successfully are the expensive self contained units. Q, like many others, sell/sold the bowls with battery operated beaters but they seize up in the cold! I bought one of these and was given a Lakeland one - they were both returned.

I had a kenwood one and it was a flash in the pan, it ended up at Oxfam, it made OK ice cream but the mess and fuss just didn't make it worthwhile

Just wondered if bread makers are any good I had one years ago, and the bread always seemed heavy, are they better these days

Just wondered if bread makers are any good I had one years ago, and the bread always seemed heavy, are they better these days

Vamps suggested a "Panasonic" so I went and read a lot of reviews and they get a glowing report unlike many of the others.

Latest posts

Back