Buckley jewellery RBL donations - well done

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
Adrian Buckley has just said that the accumulative total of donations from Buckley Jewellery to the Royal British Legion, over 3 years at the end of the current sales period, will be £2.5 million pounds!!

Wow, well done Buckley Jewellery. :clapping: :mysmilie_851:

That's a fantastic amount.

I do like most of the jewellery range and items I bought years ago still look as good as new.

Wearing my Buckley poppy and paper poppy with pride xx

I do like Adrian and I did once years ago buy a pair of his earrings, but is it me that's cynical or what - I did see the poppy brooch and heard that £8 odd from each sale is going to the Royal British Legion, and my first thought was "and has that £8 odd been stuck onto the price of the brooch so that it can be donated?" - don't get me wrong, I donate to each poppy seller I see, starting in Morrison's yesterday, I think it's a wonderful cause, but do some people jump on the bandwagon? I would rather give the entire price of the brooch to the RBL myself and cut out the middleman! Sorry if I give anyone offence but that's just the way I feel.

I do like Adrian and I did once years ago buy a pair of his earrings, but is it me that's cynical or what - I did see the poppy brooch and heard that £8 odd from each sale is going to the Royal British Legion, and my first thought was "and has that £8 odd been stuck onto the price of the brooch so that it can be donated?" - don't get me wrong, I donate to each poppy seller I see, starting in Morrison's yesterday, I think it's a wonderful cause, but do some people jump on the bandwagon? I would rather give the entire price of the brooch to the RBL myself and cut out the middleman! Sorry if I give anyone offence but that's just the way I feel.
i agree BM a friend of mine went into M&S and saw a similar poppy pin for £12 or £15 and the assistant said that £ 5 would be going to RBL. To me that is way too low, I know the designer/manufacturer has to take a cut but surely as its for such an important cause they could give more than a fiver! Again like you sorry if it offends anyone but that's how I feel too!

I bought the Buckley poppy last year and it is good quality but this year I went onto the 'Poppy Shop' website and bought things direct.

Interesting that this morning he said that about £3.50 from each sale goes to the BL but Kathy quickly corrected him and said its £3.33 as its a third - maybe the retailer chooses the donation element?

I wouldn't expect a company not to cover costs and make something on the sale, especially in this day and age, and in the end they both (Buckley & Q) are bringing something to a much larger audience that is allowing more money than otherwise to go to the charity. I just don't want too much of the sale to be siphoned off.

I take your point and you both are right.

I bought mine last year from the BL and also made my normal donation. The reason I bought a brooch was the fact I like to wear a poppy for at least 4/5 weeks and very often I don't see anywhere collecting until about a week before 11th November. I also got fed up with losing the paper ones.

Possibly seeing mine might jog someone, who wouldn't normally bother, into donating or buying a brooch themselves. It all helps the cause.

The important thing is to continue donating each year whether you have a brooch or any of the many other items that are sold by or for the BL.

Latest posts

Back