Roots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I have just been watching Catherine Huntley , her roots are so black, I never dreamt that she originally had such dark hair .I knew she was a "bottle blonde" , but thought she might have been mousy brown.
Is it part of the new "show the dark roots" style, to assure that the person is not grey? :thinking:

Yes I like CH but I do think her roots are terrible at the moment....I thought that the other day.

I liked her hair when she first had it done this colour.It divided opinion on here but it so suited her skin tone...however I knew the colour would *drain* and wash out,leaving it a dodgy gingerlily colour.

I also believe its a home colour...by the way her roots are showing and the depth of colour thats left...I can't see why she has not redone it.

Perhaps was going for the ombré look but doesn't realise that it doesn't start this far up :giggle:

Seriously though I really like the change of colour, more flattering to her skin tone, but maybe she's listened to others and is trying to grow it out. Once you have any red in your hair dye it's difficult to go back to blonde.

Roots are funny old things. I would describe my natural hair colour as a slightly darker than mouse mid brown. When I had my hair dyed dark all I could see was the grey coming through. Now I'm back to blond and my parting is always really dark with barely a grey in sight ... whats all that about? Must be some type of optical illusion.

Catherines roots are much debated and often highly visible. I think she just tends to leave it a bit longer than she should between colourings. Am a bit guilty of that myself too :blush:

It looks ****** awful and Keeley's are even worse.
I usually switch Catherine off but wanted to see Elemis. Big mistake, virtually every phrase in the "fines" thread has been mentioned at least twice.

Roots are funny old things. I would describe my natural hair colour as a slightly darker than mouse mid brown. When I had my hair dyed dark all I could see was the grey coming through. Now I'm back to blond and my parting is always really dark with barely a grey in sight ... whats all that about? Must be some type of optical illusion.

Catherines roots are much debated and often highly visible. I think she just tends to leave it a bit longer than she should between colourings. Am a bit guilty of that myself too :blush:

It is all about contrast. The further away from the natural shade, the artifical shade is, the more out of true the roots appear as they come through, to the point where dark blonde roots can show dark brown when contrasted against pale blonde tint.

How times have changed. I used to work in an industry that demanded high standards of appearance in the 80s and roots like this would have been a sacking offence.

ok i'm an old fogey which is probably why i don't get it but they may be 'proving' they're not grey (which doesn't necessarily equal young anyway) but they're also proving it's dyed/bleached. what's so good about that?

Roots showing For me are like chipped naill polish or a ladder in your tights. It looks scruffy. and unkempt.

Q sell paint in root colours,so Catherine, add that to your list of things you must rush of air too order.

Roots showing For me are like chipped naill polish or a ladder in your tights. It looks scruffy. and unkempt.

Q sell paint in root colours,so Catherine, add that to your list of things you must rush of air too order.

She's made a comment that she uses BM foundation when her roots need doing.

Perhaps she having to extend her appointments out since she went for the Bose TSV - poor love :sad:

The thing is though..I get the impression that catherine is quite into her hair...its always perfectly tonged or "yogi-ed"....she must see them?!

On a personal note, I have hi-lighted foils done & the last 3 times I've had my hair done, my hairdresser has put one bleach and one brown foil in, honestly its done wonders for my 'root' problem. I got 10weeks out of my last do, well pleased :)

If CH can't bear the maintenance of coloured hair...she should go and have hi-lights.What you've described Latchi,is how hi-lights should be done...so the regrowth line becomes almost *blurred*.CH has a home colour on her hair which creates the definite line of regrowth.

On a personal note, I have hi-lighted foils done & the last 3 times I've had my hair done, my hairdresser has put one bleach and one brown foil in, honestly its done wonders for my 'root' problem. I got 10weeks out of my last do, well pleased :)

That's what I have too,Latchi,I get 11-12 weeks out of mine,which is just as well as it costs me 125e each time(that's with 20% disc) & December loses the discount! :mysmilie_505:

Marzy thats a lot, mines a fraction of that price, you'll miss the discount too :-/
Loveinamist, you should give the foils a go, they last ages and regrowth is very subtle.

Latest posts

Back