Can they do this ? DSR AVOIDANCE . New invoice .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

logfire

Registered Shopper
I suppose the answer must be yes they can .
I just received an item with a new invoice which states ' the product price and delivery charges paid are refundable less a compensatory charge normally equal to the delivery charge '
This seems to me to be a way to avoid people usung the DSR to reclaim the outward postage . Any lawyers out there ?

I have never claimed back P&P under DSR but would be very interested in the answer.
Could be final nail in the coffin for Q.

I thought DSR was a legal requirement and we still pay to return it anyway they just refund the origional p&P.

Lord knows I'm no expert - I can just about cope with "THIS WAY UP " and that's only because of the arrow - but it looks like a wriggle clause to me.

Yes I'm no expert but it looks like some kind of handling charge. If so end of the road for me with qvc. I've invoked dsr only this week as the item was not really as described.

Hi,

just QVC bullsh*tting.

It specifically states on the uk gov website in the DSR leaflet for businesses that:

"You are not allowed to make any further charges, such as a restocking charge or an administration charge."

I guess it will put some people off, plus they will tell the staff in Liverpool about the "new clause", which will make it harder to claim the postage back.

Cheers,
Karen

Thanks Karen . I am going to try to claim for this item. I will let you know how I get on but it could take a while for the refund. It also said on the same invoice that i needed to return before the 12 Dec. so they haven't updated with the 90 day thingy either ! Can't get the staff !

So we have a future of labourous descriptions of goods to look forward to then! Bet they are burning the midnight oil coming up with correct colour descriptions for Kipling. Then again, they can just ride with the original manufacturers colours and maybe their descriptions of items, whatever they be, to cover themselves. Unless it is a Q owned brand of course. Headaches all round I think but, as always, the good old customer will take the brunt.

Well that's interesting . I tried to use the returns email and got an error message . So I tried the order one and the same happened . Does anyone know how to e mail through the usual way . I mean what address do I use ? I'm not giving up on this . It is making me mad now .

Last edited:
Did this item have p & p included in the price? If it did then I could understand the statement in their invoice but it still shouldn't affect your legal rights under DSR

No it didn't have free p and p altho I just noticed some Kim and Co stuff has free pand p . I am wondering if it is a special or if they are going over to free p and p. to avoid the DSR . I have used the DSR quite a bit since learning about it on here. Many thanks to whoever alerted me . It has saved me a lot of ��. And I have another gripe too while I'm at it . I returned 2 tiny pots of moisturisers which made my face tight . I used up most of it as I thought it might be different if I persevered . And it wasn't . Sorry Lulu . I got a letter saying they would refund me this time but that I wasn't supposed to have used it up. I was meant to try it . This wasn't my understanding of what the presenters say . Do you think they collect the dregs and recycle ??��

Well that's interesting . I tried to use the returns email and got an error message . So I tried the order one and the same happened . Does anyone know how to e mail through the usual way . I mean what address do I use ? I'm not giving up on this . It is making me mad now .
I used the email address on the qvcuk home page. Select the 'contact' link and there is an email addresss there. I got an autoreply email then I got another email asking me for some of the details I supplied but at least an answer.

No it didn't have free p and p altho I just noticed some Kim and Co stuff has free pand p . I am wondering if it is a special or if they are going over to free p and p. to avoid the DSR . I have used the DSR quite a bit since learning about it on here. Many thanks to whoever alerted me . It has saved me a lot of ��. And I have another gripe too while I'm at it . I returned 2 tiny pots of moisturisers which made my face tight . I used up most of it as I thought it might be different if I persevered . And it wasn't . Sorry Lulu . I got a letter saying they would refund me this time but that I wasn't supposed to have used it up. I was meant to try it . This wasn't my understanding of what the presenters say . Do you think they collect the dregs and recycle ??��

I think we had a thread about this once before.
If I remember correctly (dicey mind!), you had to return 50% in order to get your money back.
Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong

It just states the current MBG position - if you return it you get a refund but you don't get your original p&p back. It cannot override your statutory rights incl returns under the DSR or where faulty.

If QVC try it on, they will be in deep do-do's with the OFT.

Thanks . I don't think I saw the earlier post about using 50% . I won't do it again . Oops .
I have in the past had my outward p and p back when I've opened it , hated it and sent it straight back . But I always pay the return postage .

Last edited:
No it didn't have free p and p altho I just noticed some Kim and Co stuff has free pand p . I am wondering if it is a special or if they are going over to free p and p. to avoid the DSR . I have used the DSR quite a bit since learning about it on here. Many thanks to whoever alerted me . It has saved me a lot of ��. And I have another gripe too while I'm at it . I returned 2 tiny pots of moisturisers which made my face tight . I used up most of it as I thought it might be different if I persevered . And it wasn't . Sorry Lulu . I got a letter saying they would refund me this time but that I wasn't supposed to have used it up. I was meant to try it . This wasn't my understanding of what the presenters say . Do
you think they collect the dregs and recycle ??��

Do they want meat and pies returned defrosted then, with miniscule nibbled areas of the cooked ones or are we supposed to go through the faff of returning unused in special containers to prevent defrosting in transit? Then what, they can't re-ship it. Minefield. Stick to gloop Q, safer. BTW, when is next Beauty Day? :mysmilie_476:

I suppose the answer must be yes they can .
I just received an item with a new invoice which states ' the product price and delivery charges paid are refundable less a compensatory charge normally equal to the delivery charge '
This seems to me to be a way to avoid people usung the DSR to reclaim the outward postage . Any lawyers out there ?

It was on the old invoices too.

I send emails to [email protected]* that way I have a record of my email, the web form on the contact page doesn't give this. Also the contact page isn't working properly since the new website was launched much of the info you fill in before the message (order number etc) gets lost, so they have to contact you for the missing details which is a pain.

* I have no dea if this is the right email address but they reply so I'll keep using it.

Jude xx

I believe its the case of if you haven't opened said item and return it immediately under DSR (or reject delivery) then you get the P&P back. You have to state specifically to QVC that you are returning it under the DSR -phone or email - and let them know with 7 days, then you can get the P&P back. Note under DSR you don't have to return it within 7 days but in a reasonable timeframe. Otherwise if they're offering a trial period then the DSR is effectively waived.

Latest posts

Back