Measures.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Why have they got rid of the measuring rulers? At least when they brought out the QVC rulers in those days, we had a rough idea of the size of items. Now they put items forward, nearer to the camera, thus giving the illusion that they are a lot larger than what they really are.
In days gone by, the presenters also informed us of the weight of gold in jewellery. I don't expect them to say the gold weight of items with stones in them, but surely they ought to know the weight of gold alone jewellery:think:

Typical example as the recent centigrade tsv, which judging by the reviews was impossible to guess what size you would have needed. Instead of Glenn telling me I could wear it for the school run, then pop on a pencil skirt and heels for a little lunch with my friends and later with a little dress for cocktails and dinner with hubby(get a grip:angry:) they could have laid the bliddy things on a table and measured each size, pit to pit. No I dont do little lunches, myself and friends work, and "hubby" would look at me gone out if I suggested cocktails.

i agree bauble. fashion was so much better when they sat behind a table with the qvc tape measure - it meant less preening and monitor checking too.

i watched some IW fashion the other day. much better than qvc, wearable everyday stuff and see they've given up the tape measure too (prob did years ago but i almost never watch IW. i was flicking channels and saw dave bradford. i like his voice so i watched for a while. apart from the crazy moira in full on hysteria mode, it was enjoyable. why he moved there i will never know)

Typical example as the recent centigrade tsv, which judging by the reviews was impossible to guess what size you would have needed. Instead of Glenn telling me I could wear it for the school run, then pop on a pencil skirt and heels for a little lunch with my friends and later with a little dress for cocktails and dinner with hubby(get a grip:angry:) they could have laid the bliddy things on a table and measured each size, pit to pit. No I dont do little lunches, myself and friends work, and "hubby" would look at me gone out if I suggested cocktails.

This made me laugh Bauble - I so agree with you but Glenn would say that he's not just selling you a coat he's selling you a lifestyle. I need to phone Q as the lifestyle wasn't in the box with my last Centigrade mac :giggle:

And because they're all so tiny, as is everyone on TV, products held in their itsy bitsy hands look massive and bear no relation to reality. AY is one for that. She hauls on a 500ml l'occitane hand wash like she's manhandling a breeze block. You get it at home and it looks half the size it did on screen.

Is being short a pre-requisite for appearing on TV? If ever you see a celeb in the street they always look doll-sized. I once made a training film at work and the director had to pull back so far to fit me in the screen he was almost outside the room ha ha

Latest posts

Back