CD's with errors

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizziedolly

Registered Shopper
Is Create & Craft/Ideal World really happy to sell CD's that have errors on them? Specifically grammatical errors, punctuation which the producer refuses ,yes REFUSES to correct despite knowing the errors are there. She makes the excuse that these are "poetic licence". Since when is poor grammar *poetic" ? Consumer Advice state these cd's are UNFIT for purpose so why is she still allowed to get away with this? Now that I have made this statement and prepared to stand by it as I can prove the errors, are C&C still going to sell faulty items?

Is Create & Craft/Ideal World really happy to sell CD's that have errors on them? Specifically grammatical errors, punctuation which the producer refuses ,yes REFUSES to correct despite knowing the errors are there. She makes the excuse that these are "poetic licence". Since when is poor grammar *poetic" ? Consumer Advice state these cd's are UNFIT for purpose so why is she still allowed to get away with this? Now that I have made this statement and prepared to stand by it as I can prove the errors, are C&C still going to sell faulty items?

Can we see this proof or at least some examples of what you are talking about.

yes, I can give examples. The author J.B. PRIESTLEY has the letter E twice in his name. On one of the faulty cd's the E has been omitted entirely. On another cd, HAPPY BIRTHDAY has an additional P in Happy, thus reading HAPPPY. Another error is in this quote* To love is to live life at it's fullest* The apostrophe should NOT be there . An apostrophe replaces a letter, so rendering 2 words to short form. In this instance the use of the apostrophe makes it read as * it is * which does not make sense & is grammatically incorrect. On a cd which is about India, an African elephant illustration is used *because it has more character". That is plain insulting as the elephant is an important part of Indian religion & culture. There are other examples but these are just a few.

It sounds from your first post that you have taken it up with the person who produced the cds, have you been in touch with Ideal World or Create and Craft and if so what was their response?

Have a look at craft telly's forum lizziedolly. There would be many who would be interested in how you get on as spelling and grammar errors are a real irritant to crafters.

re:cd's with errors

It sounds from your first post that you have taken it up with the person who produced the cds, have you been in touch with Ideal World or Create and Craft and if so what was their response?

I have been posting on the C&C page about this. Consumer Advice are aware of it & so are Trading Standards & I am awaiting a call back from them.This has been ongoing for months. I get very mixed feedback. Some people are very supportive & totally agree that these errors should be corrected. Others are very negative & feel it is petty!. But this product is exactly the same as any other that you purchase, it should be fit for purpose & is not! I have had no response for C&C or IW. It would appear that so long as they are getting the 65% of all sales profits they are happy.

I have been posting on the C&C page about this. Consumer Advice are aware of it & so are Trading Standards & I am awaiting a call back from them.This has been ongoing for months. I get very mixed feedback. Some people are very supportive & totally agree that these errors should be corrected. Others are very negative & feel it is petty!. But this product is exactly the same as any other that you purchase, it should be fit for purpose & is not! I have had no response for C&C or IW. It would appear that so long as they are getting the 65% of all sales profits they are happy.

I agree wit you!!!

Is Create & Craft/Ideal World really happy to sell CD's that have errors on them?
OK, I know this is petty but as your post is about grammatical errors can I just point out that CDs is plural and therefore should not have an apostrophe - sorry, just couldn't resist!!

Hello lizziedolly, welcome to the forum :wave:

Can you give the names of the cd roms so anyone else who may have purchased them can check theirs to make sure they are fine.

Going by your post you have at least 3 of these cds. Why, if you're not happy with the quality and integrity of the supplier, do you continue to put money in their pocket?
To me it's a case of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" :confused:

I had never heard of Debbi Moore until 2 years ago & saw an advert for her Inspirations magazine in another craft magazine. I decided to subscribe to it. The magazine was issued every other month. When each copy arrived a cd was included with it. I looked at the magazines but not the cds at that point.It was only a few months ago while watching a show she was in with Martyn on C&C that I noticed an error. Martyn was showing a card close up & reading the sentiment & I noted a punctuation that was wrong. Martyn himself hesitated & I feel sure he noticed the error also.I then decided to examine my cds. Of those I have, 4, have errors.I am not a fool as you seem to be implying, I have not purchased any further products of any kind from her.Had I known at the beginning that there were errors I would have cancelled the subscription & returned the faulty cds for a refund.I do not claim to have perfect grammar myself (in response to Honeybunny, in addition I have quite severe arthritis in my hands which means I frequently tap the wrong keys so errors occur) However the errors on the cds are so basic that most elementary school children would spot them. However there are people who are not so literate & it is for them that I started this whole campaign.It makes me very angry that Ms Moore despite knowing about the errors refuses to correct them. I addition she has stated that the African elephant used on the Indian cd is *artistic licence* The errors are *poetic licence*. No where on any cd does it state that poetic or artistic licence is used. Proof readers, if employed at all are not doing their job properly. The author J.B.Priestley as you will see has the letter E, twice in his name. Not on the cd, it is missing altogether. The word Happy only has the letter P in it twice, on the cd it appears 3 times.Those are just a few examples. There are more . I do not propose to list them all here. But buyers should avoid the cds ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS, CRYSTAL DREAMS, EVERGREEN,PAPER DELIGHTS (Foiled Flourishes) 2 cd set, ONE FINE LADY (DISC 1) also ONE FINE LADY (THEATRE BOXES), & ONE FINE LADY (GIFTS & BOXES.)FUNKY DIVAS, & in one case the same error as on a cd appears in a card making kit, which additionally has a printing fault rendering the printed image unusable as intended.These are only the errors I know about, there may be more.But these are marketed as point & click & print. Buyer should not have to avoid printing parts because they are incorrect, nor should they have to use an editing programme to correct the errors. not all users kinow how to do that & at the end of the day these faults should no be there!

Hello lizziedolly, welcome to the forum :wave:

Can you give the names of the cd roms so anyone else who may have purchased them can check theirs to make sure they are fine.

Going by your post you have at least 3 of these cds. Why, if you're not happy with the quality and integrity of the supplier, do you continue to put money in their pocket?
To me it's a case of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" :confused:

Last edited:
I dare say, if lizziedolly were charging for her posts, we'd have cause to comment on her grammar or spelling. As it is, it's only Debbi Moore who seems to be laughing up her sleeve at her paying customers. The mistakes may have been forgivable in the first instance. The attitude to the faults is not. That comment 'fool me once....' is so relevant. Now people are being made aware, why would *anyone* still purchase shoddy goods?

The African/Indian elephant mix up is a schoolboy howler Lizziedolly! Extraordinary.

I think originally it was a mistake, that the artist may not have known the difference. However now she is trying to say it was deliberate because it has *more character*.She would have been better admitting it was an error than saying it is deliberate. Mistakes of that type are understandable & forgiveable, but an insult is not easily forgotten nor forgiven.

OK, I know this is petty but as your post is about grammatical errors can I just point out that CDs is plural and therefore should not have an apostrophe - sorry, just couldn't resist!!

No it is not petty. I do not try to say that my grammar is perfect. I make mistakes too, but at least when I have them pointed out to me I am appreciative & do correct them. I am not arrogant or too stupid or proud to say well it's *poetic licence*. So thank you for that correction:)

Debbie Moore is well known for not being great at customer care, this has been mentioned on craft telly, and it has been said some of the images on her discs are poor resolution. I would never shop with her again, the service was dreadful. She may well defend herself by saying English is not her first language but 3 "p"s in happy is going it.

Debbie Moore, frequent guest on C&C, try searching their website and/or google her store.

Latest posts

Back