The Gift of Boredom.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
How dull is this beauty day? It's not just that it's one of those all day events that I don't like, but all the products are over sold and over priced tat. It's all been aired a million and one times before and there isn't a single exciting item all day. I'm looking forward to the Benefit show later, but that is all out of an entire day's programming. I appreciate new viewers will not have seen a lot of these items, but don't forget those of us have again and again ad nauseam.

And bring back Dale for the Saturday gifts show. He made it fun and genuinely entertaining. Now we've got Buy Three Flint with the hard sell. I didn't even bother looking in.

I was with you all the way then Moth ... until you mentioned you wanted to see Dale lol.
Yes, it is boring, expensive and it is repetitive.

I wonder if the presenters have a plan. Is dipping fingers in the product a deliberate ploy in the sense that it's contaminated so it's mine?
I remember Julia once applying lip gloss and saying 'Oh, I'll have to keep it now!'

I see Chuntley is on now so I'm off.

Actually, mentioning Chuntley, she was presenting a Tyler Rodan handbag hour, gushing about the blue option that came with a handbag mirror. With gritted teeth she tore the protective film off the mirror and said she had a thing about film. Hmm, I thought. Is it now hers or a lucky customer?

Could not agree more,used to enjoy beauty days before but now they are tedious, and sat night gifts with Dale and Barrowman very entertaining

Didn't watch much, there was always a reason to turn over - the only product they have on that I've been after for a while is what they call the 'Benefit complexion kit'. Too bad QVC only have it in the medium and not any other choice as I'd need the light. It's normally £24.50 so it would have even been quite a good deal, but now my money is safe!

EVERYONE in the UK has had their analogue TV cut off now, so they all have to have freeview or satellite and can therefore watch QVC now.

When I had to have freeview, Q was a novelty, hence my initial addiction.

Perhaps the novelty has worn off for the rest of the UK now, hence Q supposedly struggling.

In agreement for me also....have watched 10 mins this morning and then 10 mins this afternoon and saw the same product on both occassions!!!

In all honesty beauty doesn't do it for me anyway on QVC

I would love to try the Clarisonic, but Im a bit lazy about my 'beauty' routine, its a facial wash in the shower followed with a slap of moisturiser (M&S Pure as mentioned by a forum member on here, which is grand) Not sure I would commit to using it often enough to warrant the price. I may succumb one day, but not today.

Could not agree more,used to enjoy beauty days before but now they are tedious, and sat night gifts with Dale and Barrowman very entertaining

I so agree with you there was a real sense of fun between Dale and John - mainly John it has to be said but Dale helped by joining in and not giving it the big sell. The moment people said they enjoyed it and wanted more they brought in the hard sell approach and spoiled it.
Lets hope they give it back to Dale soon and get John back.

I'm probably in the minority but I do still enjoy watching the Beauty Days even though I prob won't purchase, but now AY is on the mute button activated, was looking forward to watching the Benefit hour, the guest was just about to give a tip on how to use one of the products, but as usual she talked over her with inanities about price etc...so...meh...

I'm probably in the minority but I do still enjoy watching the Beauty Days even though I prob won't purchase, but now AY is on the mute button activated, was looking forward to watching the Benefit hour, the guest was just about to give a tip on how to use one of the products, but as usual she talked over her with inanities about price etc...so...meh...

Me too!! I have a couple of Benefit items and I think the quality is really good, apart from 'They're real mascara' which I could not get on with. As usual Miss Ally had to show that she knows more than the guest from the brand. Some of her shows are worse than others. Annoyed with her today. Grr

Me too!! I have a couple of Benefit items and I think the quality is really good, apart from 'They're real mascara' which I could not get on with. As usual Miss Ally had to show that she knows more than the guest from the brand. Some of her shows are worse than others. Annoyed with her today. Grr

Thank god it's not just me the second a guest says let me give you a tip AY butts in,she spoilt the whole hour for me as usual,:angry:

Me too Lynn, her gob was on overdrive earlier
Also not content with bringing Christmas forward 2 months AY mentioned New Years resolutions! At this rate theyll be flogging Easter Eggs next week

i am bored of the nail varnish on qvc. how many nail brands are there plus all the treatment brands as well poor leighton he is talking soooo fast. i remember buying one bottle at a time now we have to buy boxes of the stuff

i am bored of the nail varnish on qvc. how many nail brands are there plus all the treatment brands as well poor leighton he is talking soooo fast. i remember buying one bottle at a time now we have to buy boxes of the stuff

Its for gifting !!!! Give it as a present or split it up and use as table gifts.
By the way who gives table gifts????

Latest posts

Back