Right, I'm now officially confused by the EMBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
How do we think the EMBG actually works? I know it's supposed to be so that where the item is given as a gift they have 30 days to decide if they want to keep it or return it, so by default it starts 25/12/12. But today DF said that we have from now to 25/1/13 to try out the Clarisonic making it sound like we have about 10 weeks! The language used by different presenters is getting very confusing as they get more desperate to sell.
If it is indeed 10 weeks how does that fit with the 'half a pot of cream only' analogy used on one of the other threads to show 30 days use?
So how do we think it will really work? :confused:

You should decide on gloop before half the pot is gone, is this feasible when reactions can take a while. Will they be able to tell the Clarisonic has been used for 10 weeks by the bristles if it is not for a Christmas gift and end up returning it to you with refused refund details? Where does that leave the problem of gobbled up food?

I think the presenters are getting it wrong and are creating confusion but if someone else (not one of us seasoned Q addicts :giggle:) had heard it and taken it at face value they may come unstuck.

Maybe after all Q has decided to give us 75 days to road test electrical items now as a Xmas present!

Last year I bought the clarisonic tsv and tried until sometime in early january and then sent it back. I only used one brush but a lot of one of the many cleansers. I returned it registered post and received a full refund minus postage. I reluctantly returned it but my skin is too fragile to use it daily and it seemed a lot of money for something that I could only use once or twice a week

You should decide on gloop before half the pot is gone, is this feasible when reactions can take a while. Will they be able to tell the Clarisonic has been used for 10 weeks by the bristles if it is not for a Christmas gift and end up returning it to you with refused refund details? Where does that leave the problem of gobbled up food?
Surely it depends what the gloop is and the amount you've bought. A L'Occitane hand wash or shower gel could be used by all the family so you would get through quite a bit in 30 days. If you bought say a 50ml moisturiser you might not use 50% in the 30 days but with some of the smaller sizes you could easily use all the pot. As for the food who knows?

the famous "No quibble" MBG?

Whatever their secret formula is for determining what is appropriate usage of any given product, it all amounts to QUIBBLING if you ask me. :angry:

Jude xx

I think they have it in place so that they can sell with the 30 day mbg to people buying actual gifts. They know, so do viewers, that in fact if you're not too blatant about it, you can use that to have extra time on something that isn't a gift. Sometimes the presenters might slip up and drop the pretence that everyone will be honest, it seemed like CH did that earlier too, but it does seem odd. Can't think of any other explanation as yet though. What exactly not too blatant means in terms of use I'm not sure, I certainly never knew how food mbg is worked out. I think if someone actually does want something and gives it a try intending to keep it if it works, makes mind up within reasonable time but goes over the 30 days a bit with the extension, if need to, will be ok. Impossible for them to completely police the EMBG, but buyers can use a bit of discretion as to how much is too much, I guess.

Let's face it, they don't know. And even stuff that is in no way ever going to be a gift (say, a turkey) comes with the last return date of 25 Jan on the returns slip. All it amounts to is that the last return date has changed. I've used it in the past and never had a problem.

How does that work ILS?! :confused:

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

The Prosonic heads are interchangeable like sonic toothbrushes. It was supplied with 2 sonic toothbrushes and 2 mini facial brushes (so the whole brush vibrates unlke the clarisonic where only the internal bit of the brush seems to vibrate (I imagine that the motor on the clarisonic may not be powerful enough to vibrate the whole of the brush and it probably protects it from damage by having a static outerbrush - conjecture on my part)

The Prosonic does the trick for me when I fancy giving the skin near my nose a thorough clean. I also use it as a sonic toothbrush (excellent) but generally use my oral b electric toothbrush mainly to save overusing the prosonic. I've had it for over a year now and it still charges fine.

Latest posts

Back