Julian Ballantyne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
I can't stand Julians style of presenting but I know he appeals to a lot of viewers. My dislike was made even more intense during a Bose presentation when he used the word "period" instead of "full stop".
PS I think Bose as a consumer product is grossly overpriced but they make some fantastic P.A systems. Just a personal opinion.
Thanks

I find his presenting a refreshing change, he asks questions that potential buyers need to know , he also seems to be the only one who actually gens up on the product , he seems to stay focused on the product , unlike some of the beauty products that the others present where they regularly drop in other brands during the presentation

Julia the other night for example referred to Elemis not once but twice during a Philosophy show & had to correct herself , thats not instilling much confidence to a potential buyer really

He had his shoes on laying on a £1050.00 bed. There wasn't the plastic strip that you would have on a shop displayed bed, he should have taken them off or put elasticated shoe covers over them.

He had his shoes on laying on a £1050.00 bed. There wasn't the plastic strip that you would have on a shop displayed bed, he should have taken them off or put elasticated shoe covers over them.

I misread this at first as "He had his shoes on laying on a £10,500.00 crown"

Crowngate rears it's ugly head once more
kingdancesmileyf.gif

Julian is one of my favourites. Down to earth,asks the right questions,doesn't take himself too seriously and doesn't admire himself in the monitor the whole time. Thumbs up from me..

I know he's a favourite on here but not overly keen on him myself, more than a little smarmy & just as fake as the rest of 'em! I just don't buy that 'trustworthy Northern guy from next door tells it like it is' cr*p any more than I do any of the others' individual sales spiel tactics. Nope. :wonder:

I know JB is popular but I just have to switch him off as soon as I hear his voice & all that grinning.Sure he does a good job though!

I like Julian but he did used to get a little touchy feely with the guests, however, he doesn't seem to do that anymore. I do remember him once hinting that something was a load of carp lol but hey, he's got to sell it. I don't find him at all smarmy - Charlie Brook's the man for that and Simon does a good version of it as well.

CC

Latest posts

Back