Peony Flaaaars TSV Mon 12/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was looking at some flaars in BHS today, about a third of the cost of Peony and did not look too bad to my untrained eye, in fact was quite tempted to get some. But then that's the lure of the devil's den aka the dreaded high street.

I was looking at some flaars in BHS today, about a third of the cost of Peony and did not look too bad to my untrained eye, in fact was quite tempted to get some. But then that's the lure of the devil's den aka the dreaded high street.

Take a crucifix and bottle of holy water with you next time SS! :mysmilie_503:

I bought a Jane Packer faux flower arrangement as an aunt's Christmas present from Debenham's last week. Was priced at £18 but they had 20% off, so just over £14. It's very pretty, and I think faux flowers are one of those things that's better to see in real life before buying as the quality definatley varies.

I have had it with Peony. Everything takes so much longer to arrive but they cannot even manage the quoted 7-10 working days! I have had five arrangements, none have been anything special or near worth the money paid. They are so much hyped. They do not seem botanically corect either. Most stems on mine have big clumps of dried glue visible and leaves and flowers are often frayed. To return, you have to wait for a special courier to take it back and then wait an eternity again for a refund. As a result, I have so many expensive mistakes gathering dust.

I also find the latest promos for Peony, the new one wear the posh Julie is stroking a dog and stroking flowers and wandering around, tottering around a big stately home drawing room in high heels and a part frock very tacky and her obvious, well in your face displays of wealth very irritating in these tough times.

She does seem to enjoy taking centre stage in the proms doesnt she. Another frustrated actress/wannabe

How does she find the time to front CID slap and act as Esther Rantzen's denture-double?

Jude xx

I dont know why but I get the feeling the flower business was just meant as a little interest for Julie but now its got out of hand, she has to spend more and more time working and I bet it does interrpt her social calendar a little now. She is so vain, always dressed in satin party frocks, never seen her in jeans or dressed down. She is just an awful woman. The stately home bit gets on my nerves. Her flowers are nothing better than those in supermarkets and department stores.

I read on Anna's blog (maybe?) thats its a wreath and few other bits with it (hurricane lamp and cadle I think??) n.I do say that i've also had it with peony..I've only ever had one product...the orchid TSV back in the summer,and it wasn't worth the wait and P&P (although everyone does think its real!!!)

I like the look of this TSV actually but don't want the hassle of it.

Ordering Peony is really a hassle, having always had to chase up delivery, as it took so long, I had to check it was coming. Also return have to be done by calling a courier to arrange a time to collect and then ages for a refund to your card. I expect if the tsv is ordered, you might be lucky to get it by early December.

Nice idea for Christmas (bit pricey) but not sure about the AD idea - or perhaps that's because I don't entertain all year round and feel the need for a centre piece to grace my table! IMO that is her showing her roots but is a bit out of touch with the working masses

I was in tkmaxx last weekend and they had a similar wreath but with a sort of smaller candle in the middle. Didn't look at the price but bet it was a lot cheaper

Latest posts

Back