Ways to improve IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I think Ideal World could become much better if they made some improvements starting with a wider selection of products, there sister channel The Deal Channel has some good brands wonder why ideal world doesnt show them aswell ie Apple, kitchen aid and several big skincare brands. They also need to get rid of some of the presenters that just dont fit in there and are a turn off mainly Howard and jackie ( sorry they mayb nice pople but just dont work on shopping tv ) and focus on the better presenters IMO Loen and Debbie are the best also Shaun , Andy, Denice and Lottie. More focus is needed on there customer service , ive never had a problem with them but i no many people have. I no there is a sticky thread on here from one of the bosses asking people to email him with any problems which is a start but still needs to improve. Qvc's big downfall is p&p and Ideal world are as bad at times but least they do offer multi linep&p and capped p&P on some items, Also improve delivery times.

I also notice how the Ideal World section on this website rarely gets new threads of replies to threads which is a shame coz i no there are alot of ideal world fans and im sure the bosses do read wot we put here :wave:

I like the thread and agree with you, and after what QVC have put Graham thru ( read qvc forum ) i would much rather suport Ideal world lets hope in 2013 they can get hold of some more brands and hopully stop QVC pinching any more off them. I never understood why there are very few threads on the Ideal world part of this forum so hope more people post on here .

It's the appalling customer service that lets Ideal World down. They definitely need to sort that out.

The strange thing is they have a wider range of products than they show on tv on their website, they only seem to recycle the same 8 products or so

I agree, I am sick of seeing the same old products day in and day out.

IW could bring in more products that people want to buy from a shopping channel.

Maybe they can put up a poll where viewers can vote on what they would like IW to sell.

The most annoying thing of IW is their incompetent call centre........I know they are cheaper, but that does not mean less quality.

You can have a cheaper call centre with competent people working in them.

Not only are they incompetent, they keep us hanging on the phone unnecessarily . This infuriates me because it is not a free call system!!

Now for the good points of IW

I really like their capped postage on fashion days.

I like their "order same item number,as many as you like" it is same postage.

I like their free postage on Monday Madness.

I like Loen :giggle:

I had a proper look at there website the other day, they have loads of products, but never air most of them, Electronic Treadmills, Exercise bikes, have they ever aired, they could fit more items in.

Its when they sell like a Actifry, and come out and say, its a pity we only have one hour to demo this.

Just noticed on there website, 20% off all christmas decorations, sounds a good deal, but when have they been aired.

They need some decent beauty brands, because their health and beauty awards the last year or two have been a farce. Many brands they do get only stay for one or two shows then disappear and turn up on QVC or just go. Similarly they get brands that leave Q, show them once or twice and the same thing happens (Lock and Lock...La Coupe hair).

More variety of products in an hour. More often than not a whole hour on one product is too much and gets repetitive.

Stop the exorbitant charges for phone calls to the call centre. If you're held in a queue it could cost a fortune, on top of the overpriced p&p too, it's a joke.

Ideal World still have lock and lock. It really annoys me when QVC keep pinching Ideal Worlds products i.e Easiyo yoguhurt , Prai skincare, Lenovo. I wish they would stop having Howard on so much aswell cant stand him and for some reason he seems to do the evening shifts now which is a total put off

They need to have Loen on more especially when shes with janice or joe the chef . I still think many of the brands were poached just my opinion thou :)

They need to have Loen on more especially when shes with janice or joe the chef . I still think many of the brands were poached just my opinion thou :)

Brands will go where they get the best deal for themselives

Judging by some of the posts of the QVC forum, Qvc mayb struggling with sales etc which is the perfect time for Ideal world to strike, get some better products , get rid of some of the presenters that are useless, improve the customer services and delivery times. They could really start giving QVC a run for there money lets hope they read this fingers crossed

Each to their own, but imho Loen is a big turn off, we get to know more about her Mum/Maureen next door/ Andy /the dog/ (how could I forget its name)her holidays than we do about what she is supposed to be presenting. She would be one of the first on my hit list...

Ways to improve:

1. Sort out the customer service (or lack of it);
2. Sort out the overpriced call charges;
3. Show more than one or two products in a one hour show. It's boring.
4. Stop showing the same 8 brands and products on rotation. It stops people tuning in.
5. Get rid of your dead wood presenters. Ellis has jumped ship (or was she pushed), but there's still Howard, Dave, Martyn, Jacqui, Shaun, Dennice and the South African one;
6. Stop the lying: in one show your models and presenters are lazy couch potatoes and swear by the fat pants. The next show the same people love the vibrating exercise equipment and use them every day.

It's deadly dull.

Loens dog is call Oben, and Janices dog is called Dee-Dee, geez i watch to much of the channel.

I thoght when Paul Lsvers came back we would see him on air, rather than those Infermecial tyype airings of POTD's, however he has a corny voice which suits them down to the ground

Love Loen, it must be so boring and repetitive having to talk about a product hour after hour day after day. Ie Halogen oven :grin:

Latest posts

Back