Q please stop your ridiculous justificstion of p&p on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Twice in the last few days i've had the misfortune to hear justification of the p&p charges by the presenters
So Q if you're reading: this please stop it.You are taking the viewers for idiots and your reasons given are beyond ridiculous.
You're aim to pacify is backfiring and you are making yourselves sound petty by insinuating other companies are misleading us. It stinks of pure and utter desperation.
It's your integrity i'm doubting not the likes of Amazon.

Last edited:
Twice in the last few days i've had the misfortune to hear justification of the p&p charges by the presenters
So Q if you're reading: this please stop it.You are taking the viewers for idiots and your reasons given are beyond ridiculous.
You're aim to pacify is backfiring and you are making yourselves sound petty by insinuating other companies are misleading us.
It's your integrity i'm doubting not the likes of Amazon.

I agree, do they really think that we are stupid,yesterday Catherine H did keep on about how up front QVC are about their P&P...yeah we know......

I cant recall the product but on beauty day, Debbie F was showing something with free P&P and instructed the viewer that 'if you usually factor in those costs, you can take another £5 OFF this price'. Erm -what?!! So the P&P on a £20 item is free, so this £20 item now effectively costs £15 cos normally we'd pay £4-95 postage. Right. Run that one by me again please?!!! Do they seriously think we are that stupid?

Quite agree, if I were them I wouldn't be drawing our attention to it in any way. We can see it displayed and can decide whether to buy for ourselves. Its getting so as the presenters have become so irritating each in their own way that Id rather just have the various guests and models do the shows and a robot voice announce the price and item number if necessary. They add little to the presentations of late other than to but in at interesting demo's and gush about what they love/ have run out of and rabbit on about stupid examples of who to give the item to or where to wear it :headbang:

Catherine Huntley spent a good few minutes on one of the EMU hours harping on about how all the other on-line retailers provided free P&P by building the P&P in their prices and how QVC don't do that, and how QVC have warehouse workers and how QVC were TRANSPARENT.....how sometimes she worries how TRANSPARENT QVC is etc etc etc.

I was getting quite annoyed and really felt like ringing them to ask her to stop babbling stupid remarks like that and that she was actually digging a hole for QVC by her stupid remarks, because what she was accusing other retailers was exactly what QVC was guilty of.

That was the transparency she was talking about..........such transparent dribble:mysmilie_455:!!!

And how she was questioning our intellect in thinking that we were going to believe all that dribble:angry:

Her remarks of warehouses---------do retailers like Amazon not have employ workforce and have to pay them:devil:?

Do they not have to use some kind of posting/ courier service:devil:?

Do they just wave a magic wand :mysmilie_852:and hey presto, the customers get their goods:mysmilie_455:?

Even then they need to employ someone to wave the wand and have to buy the wands.

For heaven's sake, QVC, please do not think we are imbeciles :mad:

its odd justifying such high p&p prices when you can wait 5 days or more for delivery and the companies that charge nothing deliver the very next day. now thats transparent

its odd justifying such high p&p prices when you can wait 5 days or more for delivery and the companies that charge nothing deliver the very next day. now thats transparent

That will be next,the justification of delivery times. Can't wait to hear those excuse

Why is the shop girl taking it upon herself to justify the shop's policy? I doubt the producers have told her this needs saying. She's painting herself into a corner trying to justify their postage rates when we all think it's whatever Q can get away with.

Jude xx

Why is the shop girl taking it upon herself to justify the shop's policy? I doubt the producers have told her this needs saying. She's painting herself into a corner trying to justify their postage rates when we all think it's whatever Q can get away with.

Jude xx

Wanna say Ditto...

Jude xx

Oh I don't know. I doubt whether much comes out of their mouths that isn't put there or at least approved. Don't forget they have a producer continually feeding them through the ear piece "why would I need this? What are the sizes? Who could I give it to?" etc, if anyone was going off-message I think they'd be reeled in quickly.

I think this is policy. Not driven by us here although we know the read and they must see the strength of feeling, but because they are losing business and P&P has to be a major factor. The direct comparisons to pricing on Amazon cannot have gone un-noticed.

Here's an idea Q, if the P&P is such an intrinsic part of your pricing that it can't be dropped then keep it. But give us next day delivery. Your courier Hermes do it for Next and others, get them to do it for you. And if you're warehousing can't handle it, invest in the warehousing. It must be ****** rubbish if it can't get a skirt onto a van in less than 3 days.

Imagine that being offered on Q. "Order now and ring us tomorrow to tell us how much you like it". People would buy in their droves.

Last edited:
Oh I don't know. I doubt whether much comes out of their mouths that isn't put there or at least approved. Don't forget they have a producer continually feeding them through the ear piece "why would I need this? What are the sizes? Who could I give it to?" etc, if anyone was going off-message I think they'd be reeled in quickly.

I think this is policy. Not driven by us here although we know the read and they must see the strength of feeling, but because they are losing business and P&P has to be a major factor. The direct comparisons to pricing on Amazon cannot have gone un-noticed.

Here's an idea Q, if the P&P is such an intrinsic part of your pricing that it can't be dropped then keep it. But give us next day delivery. Your courier Hermes do it for Next and others, get them to do it for you. And if you're warehousing can't handle it, invest in the warehousing. It must be ****** rubbish if it can't get a skirt onto a van in less than 3 days.

Imagine that being offered on Q. "Order now and ring us tomorrow to tell us how much you like it". People would buy in their droves.

Yes, I agree with BB that they're being told they have to put a positive spin on the p and p. I'm glad they've been told to do it because I'm sure it makes their job a little bit harder, I bet half the presenters are squirming inside at having to justify the p and p (yes i know many on them wouldn't give a monkeys). it's like the ahh bra spiel from all the presenters, very scripted.

If the p&p helps them to cover the money back guarantee then I don't object to paying something because the guarantee is really important and something that they can rightly boast about. I do think though that there should be a cap on orders made in a single day (I refuse to buy more than one item a day because it's too annoying when you add up the postage) and they certainly should improve their dire delivery times. When it gets to last orders before Christmas they seem to manage to get the stuff out in a twinkle.

are they all doing it then? cos i've only heard CH keep harping on which is why i assumed it was her and not the producer/fed down from the boardroom.

I see now that M&S are offering free next day delivery to a store of your choice as long as you order before noon. Don't see them factoring in an extra amount on the selling price to cover the delivery cost. You could try item on & return it there & then in store for a refund.
Q really are way down the list now when it comes to their "wonderful customer service"

£5-6 delivery charge for something you have to wait around a week to turn up can't be justified in today's online market.

Here's an idea Q, if the P&P is such an intrinsic part of your pricing that it can't be dropped then keep it. But give us next day delivery. Your courier Hermes do it for Next and others, get them to do it for you. And if you're warehousing can't handle it, invest in the warehousing. It must be ****** rubbish if it can't get a skirt onto a van in less than 3 days. Imagine that being offered on Q. "Order now and ring us tomorrow to tell us how much you like it". People would buy in their droves.

Ha Ha Ha. Hilarious.

I can understand why the P&P for some heavier items might be higher when sent via the Post Office, but the logic behind the postal costs for the majority of the items defies comprehension.

IF the costs relate to the staff in the warehouse, does that mean that those who pack the £2.95 P&P goods have working conditions that are less enjoyable than those of the staff who pack the goods with a P&P of £5.95?

With the repetitive TSVs, they might have more success if they did free P&P for every one. That at least would be more of an 'treat.'

To be honest, I don't mind paying for P&P IF delivery was guaranteed within the 5 working days that they're always mentioning. And when something doesn't arrive it would appear it's often blamed on the couriers ..... and then, if something goes astray, there's the fiasco of waiting for a claims form before they send the replacement out.

As I've said before ......... I've had no trouble with QVC (even when the goods don't arrive when I'm expecting them) because nothing's ever gone astray (yet,) but there are so many forum members who have encountered difficulty. QVC really do need to tighten up procedures if they don't want negative feedback all the time!

I cant recall the product but on beauty day, Debbie F was showing something with free P&P and instructed the viewer that 'if you usually factor in those costs, you can take another £5 OFF this price'.

Didn't see that, but thank you for bringing that to our attention, how ridiculous! I don't 'factor in' that kind of p and p costs, which is why I am so put off buying with QVC. Especially with multiple items, so if we buy three things we can view it as £15 (or often nearer £20) off? Why would you factor in an ever increasing p and p cost on multiple items when so many other companies have a fixed rate per order or are free? I think I once asked them why you have to pay twice for two items and they said something about it being because there is such a long distance between items because they have such a huge warehouse :mysmilie_483: Even the same item in different colours must be miles apart!
I know when I've ordered from other companies I often think, what else can I try while I'm already paying p and p, the only reason I can think QVC don't want that is that they don't want people to save up ideas for one shop, they want them to impulse buy so they are more vulnerable to the tv selling.

If the reason for the p and p is the mbg maybe they should be upfront and say so, at least that is some benefit to the buyer. Though not for repeat purchases or things you don't think you'll send back. If they offered the choice of pay p and p for a 30 day try out, or pay less p and p but only return if unused..??

Last edited:
I definitely think lately that the presenters are 'told' what to say on air regarding P & P. But its a bit naughty of Catherine to tell viewers that other companies always have P & P included in the price of the item. There are still many people who do not shop on line or compare prices via the internet. And of course, we know that so many hang on to every word of the presenters. The gushing T. Callers and the people who write on their blogs proves that.

I really can't get my head around the 'fans' commenting on presenters' blogs!

postage cost is a very big factor in business and i belive that qvc will change its policy even if qvc are dragged kicking and screeming. i was getting low scores for postage costs from buyers and e-bay told me to offer free p&p. i just added it to the price i wanted and "free" was put on a banner of all item with free postage. firstly i was not losing any money. my postage rating has soared and people are buying and bidding more.
if it can work for me selling a couple of bits it can work for qvc too.

WHY is it 50% less postage to have 2 red dresses, but not a red and a blue version of the same dress?

And the same for saucepans, sheets, ring sizes, etc etc etc etc.

Latest posts

Back