What Brands would you like to see re-introduced

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
Reading another thread - TSV Fails, it started me thinking of all the lovely things I used to enjoy and buy years ago. So, QVC if you are reading this, please can we have:

Monday night Gold with Jan Springer - come on now, use some of that "Buying Power" to give us some real gold bargains!

Beth Terrel and her washable suede - I have a suede gillet bought years ago that I have worn and washed which I love and would like another!

Lee Sands - dont know why but I enjoyed his shows

Dazzle - their Jeans were the best fit I have ever had - still wearing them!

Tova Make Up - nice quality and reasonably priced

Joan Rivers!

Murano glass but nicer pieces - some of the earlier pieces were stunning that I purchased but very mundane now.

There are more and I will post when I think of them:mysmilie_47:

Employ some decent Buyers please!

what ever happened to the patchamama knitted range really good quality items lets have them back please

Molten Brown and Aveda for me.

Would love a Bobbi Brown Tsv .Anyone know why we don't get one?

From a purely selfish point of view I'd like to see all those naff "fancy goods" bought back. Old TuptonWare and similar. And German cuckoo clocks or ceramic toby jugs in the Oktoberfest event. Christmas figurines with close ups of faces that looked like burns victims. Pure tat but ****** hilarious. I loved it. Happy days.

The big boy's toys hours, Paul Lavers with model cars. Also the signed film memorabilia, though there was a suggestion that some Star Wars signed stuff wasn't authentic (a thread on moneysavingexpert about it I think). Not that I was temped to buy, just a nice change from the usual that made me look forward to the salon hours!

QVC scheduling is heading the way of Ideal World; 4 or 5 brands per day with 7 - 10 items per brand all repeated throughout the day until sold out with little deviation or reserve items coming on to replace any sold out items.

What happened to those pot pourri hours of unrelated items: a chunky 9k gold 5 plus 1 figaro link bracelet, a gadget for cleaning drains and the inevitable OTO of a joblot of blank VHS tapes presented by Rob Locke (yep that really did happen).

They used to sell music (with Tony Blackburn or Diddy David Hamilton) usually compilations. They had TSVs of 12 Opera/Clasical greats CD's in a folder that looked like a 12" LP cover. There was even a "Tips on doing anything" book (Haley's Hints?) TSV with american guest suggesting stuff like a line of chalk to deter ants; I kid you not!

I loved Julian presenting a paint on glue that was supposed to make photos or other paper things into post-it note-type stickers which just didn't work in the demonstration...what a trooper!

Jude xx

PS Back soon....gone to get a life!

Jude xx

There was always a moment when the guest didn't realise racoons aren't indigenous to the British Isles, so tips to keep them out of the garbage were wasted on us!

J xx

Crem cosmetics. I remember buying a TSV they done about 10 years ago and loving it. The lipstick was called Raspberry Tea and it was a beautiful deep pink.

Crem cosmetics. I remember buying a TSV they done about 10 years ago and loving it. The lipstick was called Raspberry Tea and it was a beautiful deep pink.

I had forgotton Crem, yes I loved their lippy's - probably still got one lurking somewhere:giggle:
Cosmetics a la carte were quite nice too.

Thomas Paconi (not a bloke, but woodware and furniture)

Tim Goodwin (He's a bloke)

JR (She's a woman, gadget demonstrator and musician)

And of course, SVL (strict vacuum lady Catherine Stewart)

And lots of gadgets and tools that were NEW or novel and hadn't been seen before.

PS My bold print has gone astray, must rush to Specsavers.

All the icons for bold, italic, fonts, sizes etc have gone from my PC.

If Molton Brown ever came back the prices would be L'Occitane £50.

QVC own Tova, and discontinued everything but the fragrances and some body products.

I remember Crem.

What about the guy who worked for Estee Lauder and created his own brand of bubble baths, he did Dead Sea Salts.

I think a lot of brands mentioned no longer exist.

Last edited:
Hajit Gorali and Robert Lee Morris jewellery. They could replace some of the tanzanite that unfortunately shows no sign whatsoever of running out.

Was he called Phillip? I still have 2 tubes of dead sea mud mask from his range and they still seem fresh (I know I know I should bin them)

Jude xx

Michael Dawkins, though I bought shed-loads of his silver from last clicks and probably don't need any more!

Jude xx

PS Anyone remember an Israeli woman called Aria Azrealet (sp sorry Ari) who made organic looking hollow gold jewellery and also flogged her CD of songs as well?

Michael Dawkins, though I bought shed-loads of his silver from last clicks and probably don't need any more!

Jude xx
/QUOTE]

Ooh yes, Michael Dawkins, I liked him and his jewellery. I have quite a bit but haven't worn any of it recently. It was really weighty silver and I think QVC US still have it - am off to reaquaint myself with it......

Latest posts

Back